Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2019, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #766
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
My comments on the "body model" of the new APS-C camera on the UK forum after having attended the Pentax 100 yr celebration at SRS Watford earlier today:

- With all those knobs & dials, it looks a bit "warty" - like someone had afterthoughts about the functionality and added a couple to cover the "missing bits"
As I understand it, noone has complained about the dials added to the K-1 and the KP - they allow me to change any member of the "triangle" - shutter speed, aperture, ISO - with quick movement of my fingers, without removing the camera from my eye.

11-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #767
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Potassium chloride is used in lethal injections for executions.
Holy smokes!!! That's dangerous!!!!
11-25-2019, 01:48 AM - 1 Like   #768
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Also used to treat Hypokalemia, with other words when the blood's potassium levels are too low. Potassium is an important electrolyte for nerve and muscle cell functioning, especially for muscle cells in the heart. Your kidneys control your body's potassium levels, allowing for excess potassium to leave the body through urine or sweat. One mans poison is another's medicine. In the right dose, of course.
11-25-2019, 02:22 AM - 1 Like   #769
Pentaxian

I make my own sports drink using Morten Lite Salt which is 50% potassium chloride to replenish electrolytes. I use the same amount as Gatorade.

11-25-2019, 02:34 AM   #770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It stops the heart. Much the same will occur with your camera if it got in there.

Also favoured by some serial killers (non-state, of course) Orville Lynn Majors, 56, ?Angel of Death? in Patient Killings, Is Dead - The New York Times

I had to look that up: we don’t do that stuff here. Our serial killers tend to much more visceral.
Sodium (as in, the table salt one) does the exact same
Alternatively, they both make the heart beat in the first place. Overdosing on electrolytes is basically a short circuit for the proton pumps that make us work.
11-25-2019, 02:36 AM   #771
Pentaxian

Better take a grain of salt after those last posts
11-25-2019, 02:37 AM - 4 Likes   #772
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you think that's dangerous, wait until you hear about dihydrogen monoxide: it kills many people every year by asphyxiation, contributes to global warming and the destruction of Venice, and it has even been known to cause car accidents in winter!

11-25-2019, 03:40 AM - 2 Likes   #773
Pentaxian

Dihydrogen monoxide burned me recently.
And don't get me started on bananas with their potassium and radiation!
11-25-2019, 04:08 AM - 2 Likes   #774
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
If you think that's dangerous, wait until you hear about dihydrogen monoxide: it kills many people every year by asphyxiation, contributes to global warming and the destruction of Venice, and it has even been known to cause car accidents in winter!
Yes, why it's not banned I don't know! Call your local government representative today and start a petition to have that dangerous chemical banned pronto!
11-25-2019, 04:45 AM - 1 Like   #775
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Now don't tell me this new cam will emit dihydrogen monoxide. If it does, I'm outta here!!!
11-25-2019, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #776
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now don't tell me this new cam will emit dihydrogen monoxide. If it does, I'm outta here!!!
If you let it in, it will want to get out! (Bit like our cat.)
11-25-2019, 04:58 AM   #777
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It most likely won't emit it, but I can assure you that the darned thing will try to get in and destroy the poor Pentax. The only way to keep the camera free from its perilous influence will be to use WR lenses!
11-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #778
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This conversation could be said to have “petred” out.
11-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #779
Pentaxian

I'm surprised that this thread is still alive. The "Ricoh-Pentax has no plan" news has be burried by the new news that say that Ricoh-Pentax do plan to release a new camera in 2020. And when a new news is releases, the old news is not news anymore.
11-25-2019, 12:35 PM   #780
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
As I understand it, noone has complained about the dials added to the K-1 and the KP - they allow me to change any member of the "triangle" - shutter speed, aperture, ISO - with quick movement of my fingers, without removing the camera from my eye.
Agreed. I leave the K-1's top dial on ISO for that very reason. "Warty" with extra dials is good!