Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2019, 05:30 AM   #286
Banned

what about the lenses? Are lenses coming this year?

09-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #287
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Instamixes Quote
Which specific lenses are you waiting for?
09-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #288
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Instamixes Quote
DA* 11-18/2.8, HD FA 35/2.0, HD DA 10-17/3.5-4.5 so far this year.

There might be more to come, but who knows for sure? No one here who's willing to admit it
09-17-2019, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #289
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revelstoked Quote
Agreed.. I really wanted to like it, even actually tracked one down in store (no mean feat here in Western Canada!) But I just couldn't get behind the ergonomics. If it had felt better I probably would have justified the lacking video and dial quirks... Although, I would have probably sobered to it later. It sure does look nice though...
So you "just couldn't get behind the ergonomics"??? Frankly, that is a really lame excuse. That is your problem; once you put the largest {plastic} grip on a KP, it has the ergonomics of a K-50. That is like my saying "I don't like black cameras" ..... I truly don't, but they take better pictures than a broken camera does. Incidentally, the "quirky dials" on the KP come from the K-1, so there is every reason to expect future Pentax cameras to have them also; once I got used to them, they allow me to change all three sides of the 'exposure triangle' without lowering the camera from my eye. My Grandmother, who was born a Hungarian peasant and died 85 years later the Mother-in-Law of an American Engineer, would sit down to dinner sometimes, and after looking at the food her daughter had prepared would shrug and say "If that is all there is" and clean her plate.

My wife and I use that "If that is all there is" expression a lot. I wish my K-30 had a much smaller 'handle' - it gets in the way when I try to use it the way I was taught to use a camera sixty years ago - but when my Canon Rebel completely died four years ago, that is what there was. Even today you could purchase a K-3 at eBay; I counted up to 20, then quit. You have absolutely no idea what the next Pentax camera will be like - at one point a Pentax person demurred from showing a silhouette because it might show something ,.... maybe that was an excuse, but maybe they have gone so far from the K-7 body that you can't "get behind the ergonomics" of this one also.

09-17-2019, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #290
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Which specific lenses are you waiting for?
DA* 20mm f/1.8 PLM AW.
09-17-2019, 06:55 AM - 2 Likes   #291
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Just for the record, I'm an anaesthesiologist, not a surgeon. But, whatever
Ether or....
09-17-2019, 06:59 AM   #292
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
DA* 20mm f/1.8 PLM AW.
I have the sayang 14 2.8 and the DA 28-105. The difference is 14mm. So the middle would be 21mm. But 20 or 21? Not much difference.

09-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
DA* 20mm f/1.8 PLM AW.
Also known as "that lens with the ridiculously excessive AF speed"?
09-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #294
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
DA* 20mm f/1.8 PLM AW.
The samyang 20mm 1.8, sold to a number of Pentax customers. If I had the Samyang 20mm I'd have no need for a Pentax version because manual AF on a 20mm lens isn't a big deal. That means, the Samyang 20mm already took a share of the total market for that focal length for Pentax.
09-17-2019, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #295
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have the sayang 14 2.8 and the DA 28-105. The difference is 14mm. So the middle would be 21mm. But 20 or 21? Not much difference.
I don't care about the exact focal length nearly as much as the weather sealing and silent focus motor. I just want a AW/WR small prime.

09-17-2019, 07:05 AM   #296
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Also known as "that lens with the ridiculously excessive AF speed"?
WR is a good thing on a landscape / astro lens, but fast AF I doubt I'd do a lot of tracking with a 20mm lens.
09-17-2019, 07:07 AM - 2 Likes   #297
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
WR is a good thing on a landscape / astro lens, but fast AF I doubt I'd do a lot of tracking with a 20mm lens.
I was being a bit sarcastic (and I guess ThorSanchez was as well), the notion of a PLM 20mm prime is hilarious. AW would be, now talking seriously, great.
09-17-2019, 07:12 AM - 6 Likes   #298
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
How do you get a picture when there's a Grizzly bear 6 feet from you and you can't back up?

Which me reminds me of my neighbour paul who's grandfather was "the" best Algonquin park guide ever..
He asked asked his dad " what do I do if a bear charges me?" His dad said "Throw poop at him."
"Where do I get the poop?"
"Don't worry, you'll have lots."
09-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #299
Pentaxian

With no camera forthcoming in the fall, there will be very little left of the Asahi Optical Company centenary year in which to release the Pentax C. Or anything else.

Color me disappointed.
09-17-2019, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #300
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
There are a bunch of cameras that could be reasonably priced that would be better than a non-functional K50.

I hate to judge, but I don't see someone who is unwilling to upgrade their K50 for any of the current options (used or new) on the market as truly being interested in a new, expensive APS-C camera.
Cameras bought new: K10D, K-01, K-3 (sold for K-1), K-1.
Cameras bought used at good to great prices: K5-lls, KP.

Sometimes a less than perfect camera passed over on 1st release is suddenly better at a lower price.