Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2019, 08:48 AM - 2 Likes   #301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sometimes a less than perfect camera passed over on 1st release is suddenly better at a lower price.
The K-01 was perhaps the best example of this...
Nobody bought them until they went on clearance and then everyone seemed to be snapping them up...

-Eric

09-17-2019, 08:50 AM - 3 Likes   #302
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
With no camera forthcoming in the fall, there will be very little left of the Asahi Optical Company centenary year in which to release the Pentax C. Or anything else.

Color me disappointed.
Repeating from upthread, the groundbreaking LX was released in 1980 - the 61st year of Asahi Optical Co. - in honor of the 60th Anniversary of its founding.

When it was ready. Not when some day came up on the calendar.
09-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
The K-01 was perhaps the best example of this...
Nobody bought them until they went on clearance and then everyone seemed to be snapping them up...

-Eric
I did.
09-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I was being a bit sarcastic (and I guess ThorSanchez was as well), the notion of a PLM 20mm prime is hilarious. AW would be, now talking seriously, great.
Yea, the PLM was kind of a lark. I really just lust for a moderately wide weather sealed prime. I rented a 20-40mm recently and it was good, very necessary on a day it poured rain, but it's not a tiny limited prime.

09-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #305
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
With no camera forthcoming in the fall, there will be very little left of the Asahi Optical Company centenary year in which to release the Pentax C. Or anything else.

Color me disappointed.
In other words, no change.

It might be easier if you just told us when you are excited about something Pentax. Most of us assume the disappointment is happening.
09-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #306
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No new camera this fall, and no Pentax shop in Norway corner. How will Santa Claus deal with that?
09-17-2019, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #307
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Why did you buy a Pentax K1 II if you were satisfied with Pentax apsc?
I also have a Leica kit that is full frame....I bought the K-1 before I bought the KP because I wanted to check out the state of the art that Pentax was offering. The K-1/ii is actually 2 cameras in one: With FF glass, it is the full 36.4 MPs, with a APS-c lens it produces 15.6 MPs....I thought RICOH did a nice job of basically providing a newer outlet for old glass. I have taken cropped photos with APS-c lenses and they are sharp as hell and given the IQ of the K-1/ii body, it's a joy to use. The KP is also wonderful, but lacks certain pro/sumer options, but the IQ and the 24 MP sensor is ideal as well.

At some point, I may unload the K-3ii as it is becoming the odd man out in my rotation as a result of the above. The K-5ii is js still one of my favorites because of that 16MP 'sweet spot' sensor. The photos are still sharp (up to 14 x 20) and the color saturation requires little adjustment in daylight photos... thanks for asking..

09-17-2019, 10:05 AM - 3 Likes   #308
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
pentax doesn't leak much, and even people who say they know are often totally wrong with time predictions. i wouldn't put much credence in a fb post. some things are roadmapped, some things seem to drop out of nowhere. either wait or don't... no one cares.... no one should care anyway. go to another brand, try some things! really... besides roadmapped lenses, you don't even know what you're waiting for anyway. i got sick of being curious and bought a canon 80d and mp-e 65mm to have a dedicated macro setup.... and if those were great, maybe expand to other canon products. guess what... they were NOT great. k-3 and a beat up dfa50 macro on 30 year old extention tubes where better. sold the canon stuff after a couple weeks, and i think i even made $40 re-selling on ebay. it was nice to try though, and glad i did. i would like a crop sensor that's as clean as the k-1 is at iso 100... especially when boosting shadows.... maybe a k-p would be it... dunno. i'd love to borrow one, but not something that's urgent.
09-17-2019, 10:06 AM - 3 Likes   #309
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
No new camera this fall, and no Pentax shop in Norway corner. How will Santa Claus deal with that?
Not to worry! I think that Santa and his elves (and Pentax Pixies) have opened a new production plant in the Canadian high Arctic. New winter-ized cameras and lenses will be rated to minus 50 degrees C.

When the mailbox opens this season, requests for the new gear may be sent to Santa:

Santa Claus
North Pole
H0H 0H0
Canada

Santa letter program | Our company | Canada Post

(sorry, couldn't resist)

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 09-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.
09-17-2019, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
some things seem to drop out of nowhere.
Like the KP !

- Craig
09-17-2019, 10:31 AM - 2 Likes   #311
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe a new model named the Pentax "X-Mas" with all the new trimmings: Fast 50+ AF focusing points, Pixel shift, 26-28MPs, Astro/GPS module, fill-in flash, 2 Sd card bay, flash synch, weather proof magnesium body, and a price point under $1,500.00...…..

Last edited by Merv-O; 09-17-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typos
09-17-2019, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #312
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Maybe a new model named the Pentax "X-Mas" with all the new trimmings: Fast 50+ AF focusing points, Pixel shift, 26-28MPs, Astro/GPS module, fill-in flash, 2 Sd card bay, flash synch, weather proof magnesium body, and a price point under $1,500.00...…..

09-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
How do you get a picture when there's a Grizzly bear 6 feet from you and you can't back up?

Which me reminds me of my neighbour paul who's grandfather was "the" best Algonquin park guide ever..
He asked asked his dad " what do I do if a bear charges me?" His dad said "Throw poop at him."
"Where do I get the poop?"
"Don't worry, you'll have lots."
09-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #314

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote

With or without optional 35mm film capabilities?
09-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #315
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RookieGuy Quote
With or without optional 35mm film capabilities?
There’s a film holder that attaches to the optical viewfinder. 35mm and 110 to maintain back compatibility with the 110 line.

-Eric