Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #466

Photos: Gallery | Albums
100 years anniversary nearly gone and not much has been done by Ricoh to satisfy fans or bring out some exciting stuff. I honestly expected more commemorative goods from a company who marketed the LX for their 60th.

09-22-2019, 01:07 PM - 8 Likes   #467
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zivelot Quote
100 years anniversary nearly gone and not much has been done by Ricoh to satisfy fans or bring out some exciting stuff. I honestly expected more commemorative goods from a company who marketed the LX for their 60th.
Looking at the two most active threads in this section, I am quite confident that most members find a 'K-3ii replacement' to be much much more exciting than some dust-accumulating 'geehaw'.
09-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #468
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Looking at the two most active threads in this section, I am quite confident that most members find a 'K-3ii replacement' to be much much more exciting than some dust-accumulating 'geehaw'.
Amen to that!!!
09-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I hardly need to say that it isn’t the same company. Hoya bought the old Pentax Corporation and then split it in two, creating a new company that it sold to Ricoh. The line of succession is somewhat blurred, but I’d venture to suggest that Hoya is the actual legal successor to the Asahi Optical Co/Pentax Corporation that released the LX, even if there’s a clear heritage connection that now runs to Ricoh Imaging.

That aside, I’d be agreeing with you come 15 December if nothing other than a commemorative hotshoe cover and a prototype new APS-C body have been announced to mark the event.

09-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Again, the LX was released in 1980, the 61st year. It was labeled “in honor of” 60 years in the marketing material.
09-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #471
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Well said.
09-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #472
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
See Post 457, Zivelot, it's not the 100th anniversary of Pentax, marketing fluff aside.

09-23-2019, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #473
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
See Post 457, Zivelot, it's not the 100th anniversary of Pentax, marketing fluff aside.
but any time is a good time to 'party'.

IMS had several years of 'party' - starting with 100 years anniversary of the track, then 100 years of The Race (*), then 100th Race.

(*) they stopped racing during several war years

Last edited by reh321; 09-23-2019 at 05:45 AM.
09-23-2019, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #474

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
That means a single coated optical element would be the only appropriate commemorative item then... or a pair of glasses.
09-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #475
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That means a single coated optical element would be the only appropriate commemorative item then... or a pair of glasses.
Glasses could be cool...
Anodized black frames with gunmetal accents, AOCo logo on the metal at one temple, 100 years on the other...

Tinted, multicoated sunglass lenses included but shaped to take prescription lenses if you want...

-Eric
09-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #476
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Did you see what was given to the participants of the 100th anniversary events? It actually was trinkets like that.

09-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #477
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Glasses could be cool...
Anodized black frames with gunmetal accents, AOCo logo on the metal at one temple, 100 years on the other...

Tinted, multicoated sunglass lenses included but shaped to take prescription lenses if you want...

-Eric
And when Pentax doesn't exactly do what you want they turn black and display, "Don't Panic!"
09-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
And when Pentax doesn't exactly do what you want they turn black and display, "Don't Panic!"
No, because they would always be opaque!

But they will randomly cackle “Pentax is doomed!” In a laughing voice whenever the user views that “other” website

-Eric
09-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #479
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, the K-3 Mark3 and my K-3II will be a nice pair, as my K-3II keeps getting better with age, even the AF-C gets more in focus than ever before [ I am shooting the same way I have for 20 years so I am not getting better! ], maybe I will not need the new camera after all if I wait one more year [ but I do want it so I can retire the 1st D and 1st DL , my 1st DS is my ring flash [TTL] product selling camera so it stays ]....
09-23-2019, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I hardly need to say that it isn’t the same company. Hoya bought the old Pentax Corporation and then split it in two, creating a new company that it sold to Ricoh. The line of succession is somewhat blurred, but I’d venture to suggest that Hoya is the actual legal successor to the Asahi Optical Co/Pentax Corporation that released the LX, even if there’s a clear heritage connection that now runs to Ricoh Imaging.

That aside, I’d be agreeing with you come 15 December if nothing other than a commemorative hotshoe cover and a prototype new APS-C body have been announced to mark the event.
I'm not sure what they can do better than to keep issuing good cameras.