Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #481
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Haha I think you're onto something there Wasn't the LX that crazily customizable camera? Would be really cool if those rumours about the hybrid viewfinder were true.
Hybrid? Why not removable? the LX could swap in a waist-level finder, maybe the new pk/M (100 Roman) could pull out prism and mirror for an EVF module..

09-23-2019, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #482
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Hybrid? Why not removable? the LX could swap in a waist-level finder, maybe the new pk/M (100 Roman) could pull out prism and mirror for an EVF module..
In the era of dust and water resistance, "removable" would make me very nervous.
09-23-2019, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #483
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
M is 1,000 in Latin (milium). 100 is C (centum); 'per cent.' in English is short for 'per centum'.
09-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #484
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm not sure what they can do better than to keep issuing good cameras.
Ah well, Olympus seems to be having/sponsoring a big sale to mark its 100th, so I’m hopeful Ricoh will do the same.

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2019 at 12:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In the era of dust and water resistance, "removable" would make me very nervous.
The LX was an early leader in this area, though not as completely as the recent DSLRs. Still, the removable viewfinders were a model of simplicity and functionality. Based on thirty years of experience, I wouldn’t be concerned about their ability to provide reliable dust and water resistance in a removable-finder DSLR. The user’s ability to match that, of course, would be quite another matter.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 09-23-2019 at 07:30 PM.
09-25-2019, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, it looks like the OP of this thread and "Jen" are wrong as hell because the newe APS-c prototype is unveiled and looks good....the home page has plenty of photos of the announcement. So much for all you pontificators.

Though the specs are not yet released, it's good to know that RICOH has kept the APS-c mode alive and I am looking forward to the 100th Anniversary (of Asahi) launch.
09-25-2019, 06:32 AM   #486
Pentaxian

Are they? Are you sure the camera corresponding to this prototype will be 'launched this fall'?
09-25-2019, 06:36 AM   #487
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Are they? Are you sure the camera corresponding to this prototype will be 'launched this fall'?
It will be formally presented in 2/2020 to coincide with CP+ 2020 and within the 100th Anniversary. Not much detail on it yet but the prototype was presented by RICOH in a presser on 9/21/19...."PetaPixel.com" and this forum have confirmed. Go to the PF home page for the announcement and details.

The new issue is now what will RICOH address in its latest APS-c flagship (i.e, faster autofocus, 4K video, etc.)

09-25-2019, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #488
Pentaxian

So it won't be launched this fall and the tweet from Ricoh Imaging USA (responding to Jen Photographs) was correct, not 'wrong as hell'.
09-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #489
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The original question asked if there would be any new cameras launched this fall. The answer was that they had no plans for new cameras. That’s actually not answering the question, and in fact is wrong because they clearly did have plans for a new camera, just not a launch.
09-25-2019, 04:31 PM - 3 Likes   #490
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The original question asked if there would be any new cameras launched this fall. The answer was that they had no plans for new cameras. That’s actually not answering the question, and in fact is wrong because they clearly did have plans for a new camera, just not a launch.
Actually, what was asked was this (go back to post #1 if need be) *** Canon, Nikon and Sony are all launching new cameras this fall. Are you??*** Ricoh's response to that tweet was "We don't have plans for any new cameras this fall". So, where exactly were they wrong? They have no plans for cameras THIS FALL. Which they don't, they have a plan for this new model year 2020 camera. Are we now at a point in society where everything has to be spelled out in it's entirety?
I guess Ricoh needed to say "We don't have plans to LAUNCH a new camera this fall". I don't get all the straw grasping. It was a pretty simple question and answer which was answered correctly.
09-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #491
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
. Are we now at a point in society where everything has to be spelled out in it's entirety?
The comedians bob and ray who started in the 40's were spoofing this. The Komodo dragon sketch is all about it.
This site has an abbreviated version.
The Komodo Dragon: Bob and Ray | Jack Shalom
09-26-2019, 04:45 AM   #492
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, what was asked was this (go back to post #1 if need be) *** Canon, Nikon and Sony are all launching new cameras this fall. Are you??*** Ricoh's response to that tweet was "We don't have plans for any new cameras this fall". So, where exactly were they wrong? They have no plans for cameras THIS FALL. Which they don't, they have a plan for this new model year 2020 camera. Are we now at a point in society where everything has to be spelled out in it's entirety?
I guess Ricoh needed to say "We don't have plans to LAUNCH a new camera this fall". I don't get all the straw grasping. It was a pretty simple question and answer which was answered correctly.
I guess it depends on your background, whether or not you’re prepared to accept a response like that one as a complete answer. Mine was engineering, so I’d be careful to give a unambiguous answer unless I was trying to evade the question.

I did go back to the original post, by the way, and nobody’s grasping at straws, because there’s nothing at stake here. Either the responder did know about the new body, and was trying to evade the question, or they didn’t know and thought they were answering truthfully. Either way, it makes no difference to anyone here.
09-26-2019, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #493
Pentaxian

"We don't have plans for any new cameras this fall".
They have plans for a new camera this fall.

They don't have plans to release it to the public,

They will announce the camera this fall at the 100 Anniversary Party.

The release will follow shortly as in the past.

The post was wrong, literally. Within the context of the question asked, it was accurate. Within the greater context of the online response, which was "Pentax isn't doing anything for developing anything or doing any R&D" it was both in error and misleading.

The error was completely with the negative responders in and careless use of the world "plan".
Pentax is planning to release anew camera during the file period, and working towards it, whether it's actually released this fall is irrelevant. Ready for Christmas, ready for Feb. 2020 is a little over 2 months. Who cares.

Last edited by normhead; 09-26-2019 at 07:27 AM.
09-26-2019, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #494
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A może...

I just noticed that my K-70, since I bought it in 2017 (almost two years ago), are still holding the price, and even more expensive by about $ 25! I also didn't notice any offers for used K-70s. Can I suppose that Pentax just does a good deal on this model and maybe that`s why a new model has not been introduced yet? Can you just not want to replace the K-70 with a better design if it is still a bestseller?

Last edited by Fotus Tuus; 09-26-2019 at 09:46 AM.
09-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #495
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
I just noticed that my K-70, since I bought it in 2017 (almost two years ago), are still holding the price, and even more expensive by about $ 25! I also didn't notice any offers for used K-70s. Can I suppose that Pentax just does a good deal on this model and maybe that`s why a new model has not been introduced yet? Can you just not want to replace the K-70 with a better design if it is still a bestseller?
I'm not sure the K-70 is relevant to this discussion, just as {my} KP isn't. The K-70 was built to a clearly lesser standard. Both the K-70 and KP lack all kinds of capabilities - such as double memory slots and upper deck LCD - otherwise people would have purchased one of these cameras instead of complaining over and over again about the lack of a "K-3ii replacement".