Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #826
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
^ As long as it's not a pair of something more private that's dangling in the breeze...
Giving new meaning to "Tilting display", are we?

12-02-2019, 09:59 AM - 2 Likes   #827
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
With a Sony Point and shoot.
That's a tautology.

They only make point and shoots.
That's why DPReview love them so much; you only need to point, click, and you got the shot!
12-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #828
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
That's a tautology.

They only make point and shoots.
That's why DPReview love them so much; you only need to point, click, and you got the shot!
Don't you have as much choice with their various ILC cameras as you have with those from any other manufacturer??
12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #829
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, technically you do, but to even get two control e-dials you have to buy a full frame body, making Manual Mode a chore. Even then, the ergonomics are so weird (in my very limited experience) that you are compelled to use full auto mode just to not suffer through the entire ordeal.

12-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #830
KDD
Veteran Member

Yeah, I just puzzled that Pentax do nothing any new things for 100 years. Maybe Pentax was frustrated with Ricoh. Maybe Ricoh not allow Pentax make new things???? HUH I have no idea. It can't be. It can't be It can't be. Oh well.
12-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #831
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Well, technically you do, but to even get two control e-dials you have to buy a full frame body, making Manual Mode a chore. Even then, the ergonomics are so weird (in my very limited experience) that you are compelled to use full auto mode just to not suffer through the entire ordeal.
Sony does not have good ergonomics - the power is there, but you have to learn how to get to it. Their menu system is infamous. We are spoiled with Pentax. who does help you get to the power they do have.
12-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #832
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Don't you have as much choice with their various ILC cameras as you have with those from any other manufacturer??
I meant to make a joke.

However, since you are asking, I think Sony systematically prioritises compactness over ergonomics. In that sense, other manufacturers offer a broader portfolio.

12-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #833
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
A Windows phone
I wish my Android phone (running pi) had half of the native features of my Windows Phone. If Fitbit and MyFitnessPal had not killed their apps, I would still be using it. I do keep it around and charged up, next year on my vacation I will take it along because at least I can download maps by country for navigation.

Google really stinks on ease of use.
12-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #834
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Yes - I also have no problem using rear AF ith either K-3 or K-1 - and I don't have small hands
Coming back to the "new" AF button placement.

The great thing about the K-3 placement is that you maintain a firm grip of the camera with the thumb fully engaging the grip. You don't have to let go of the camera in any way to bb af. By just leaning the upper part of the thumb forward you engage the af. To press with the tip you need to let go slightly regardless of buttonplacement.
12-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #835
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote

The great thing about the K-3 placement is that you maintain a firm grip of the camera with the thumb fully engaging the grip. You don't have to let go of the camera in any way to bb af. By just leaning the upper part of the thumb forward you engage the af. To press with the tip you need to let go slightly regardless of buttonplacement.

Stop getting on topic, will you ?

xD
12-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #836
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Stop getting on topic, will you ?

xD
What is a 'topic'?
12-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #837
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What is a 'topic'?
Here you go:
Mars Topic - The Queen's Pantry
12-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #838
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is also true of K-1, but not of KP.
12-03-2019, 08:01 PM   #839
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

True. The AF back button on the K-3/II is well placed. I have a K-5II and comparing both, the K-3/II's back AF button is more comfortable to use.
12-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #840

What about LiveView switching.. On K5 it is the best place in my opinion. As the phase detect AF on K5 is sometimes unreliable, I'm using the LV contrast detect quite often with fast lenses. And switch right under thumb is perfect. Hand firmly holds camera and one slight finger move switches the operation mode easily.

Looking at the new K*NEW I only can see LV on wheel on top. Which... ehm.. is not very ergonomic for switching, while you hold the camera in right hand... I hope that there would be some custom function for some button available... or autoswitch between modes using sensor under OVF.