Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2019, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Head North! Hunt's usually has some Pentax in stock. I use them for accessories while talking about Pentax so they know what i am looking for. Last time I was in they had already sold out of their GR-III s. So I bought a Peak Design strap instead.
Wait, you were looking for a GR III and because the store was out you bought a strap instead?

That's quite the "consolation prize"!

There's probably a half-dozen camera shops within an hour's drive for me, but none stock Pentax. However, a few years ago I unexpectedly found an open box HD 35mm Ltd for a great price. The box itself was battered, but the lens looked usused. It had been a trade-in, and they were just looking to move it, hence the low price.

09-20-2019, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #32

Photos: Gallery
It is a pity that Japanphoto in Norway have stopped selling Pentax equipment, especially since there are Japanphoto shops in most Norwegian cities (25 all together). However, we still have FOVI in Oslo which has vast experience with Pentax for several decades. FOVI also has a great repair workshop and a superb technician (Pål Vangsøy). In addition Stavanger Foto has a lagre selection of Pentax equipment in stock: Søk - Stavanger foto

I would conclude that Pentax still has solid grounding here in Norway, probably because of a dedicated user base, even though Ricoh/Pentax promotion is virtually non existent.
09-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bjolester Quote
FOVI also has a great repair workshop and a superb technician (Pål Vangsøy).
Is he working for them again? He once repaired my DA70, but the last time I saw him, he repaired my iMac at Scandinavian Photo.
09-20-2019, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Is he working for them again? He once repaired my DA70, but the last time I saw him, he repaired my iMac at Scandinavian Photo.
Well, Pål Vangsøy has established his own repair workshop, where he works on Pentax analog and digital equipment. FOVI use him as their repairman.

Service og support - Fovi AS - Pentax Pro Shop

Pål Vangsøy is brilliant, and IMHO one major reason to stay with Pentax here in Norway.

09-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Pål Vangsøy has been with Fovi from the day Scandinavian Photo stopped their Pentax repair service. He is a great guy. The service offered by Fovi is hard to beat. On one occasion, Jørn from Fovi came to my office to pick up a K3 that needed repair - free of charge.
09-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Pål Vangsøy has been with Fovi from the day Scandinavian Photo stopped their Pentax repair service
That’s good news, Pål is really a great guy!
09-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Maybe Japan Photo as you know it is disappearing? They were caught and fined for fixing prices. I haven't been to a shop of theirs for years but on the Danish website they only sell prints, frames and accessories.

It is possible to buy Pentax in shops here, but pretty much only the high end these days - medium format and FF. I actually thought Norway had a better representation than Denmark.

I prefer to buy from SRS in London and haven't set foot in a camera shop in Denmark for a decade, so as per Biz's comment it is all my fault. But I have to send my stuff to Sweden for repairs anyway and I don't really know what service they could provide for me other than that?
I got my K-70 from frederikssund foto, Frederikssund Foto they are very service minded (have bought some other Pentax gear as well) otherwise I also buy from SRS.

09-20-2019, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #38
Inactive Account

I’m getting worried that Ricoh doesn’t really seem to care to cultivate local markets.
Not only in Scandinavian countries, most electornice store in Kanagawa wihich include Tokyo (that I often go to) offer a smaller and dusty Pantax counter too. So you are not alone .... I am afraid next they might turn off counter light to safe energy.
09-25-2019, 03:02 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax is disappearing from Scandinavian Photo (they still list K-70 and a lot of lenses, though) and has disappeared completely from Japan Photo (I bought a heavily rebated 28-105 from their clearance sale).

Is Fovi (which long time ago was “Pentax Norway”) going to be the only dealer left?

I’m getting worried that Ricoh doesn’t really seem to care to cultivate local markets.
One is enough. Others stopping selling Pentax only makes Fovi more viable. May they long survive....
09-25-2019, 03:07 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Actually, there’s a second shop: I just noticed that there’s a Norwegian version of Ricoh’s own online store (RICOH PENTAX - Web shop Norge). Looks like it has quite a few errors, though, and Fovi has lower prices anyway.
09-25-2019, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Its about time Fovi take over the distribution again....
09-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I think focus nordic is the distributor of Pentax gear in Denmark, Sweden and Norway, read about them in the "about us" (in danish, so I guess it's no problem to read and understand ) Om os - Focus Nordic
It's a merger of Focus Trading AB, Westheimer A/S og Aronsen A/S.
09-25-2019, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #43

Actually, there’s a second shop: I just noticed that there’s a Norwegian version of Ricoh’s own online store (RICOH PENTAX - Web shop Norge). Looks like it has quite a few errors, though, and Fovi has lower prices anyway.
Stavanger Foto sells the full range of Pentax equipment, so three places to buy Pentax in Norway.
09-26-2019, 04:03 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bjolester Quote
Stavanger Foto sells the full range of Pentax equipment, so three places to buy Pentax in Norway.
That’s nice to hear, but they offer only a limited set of lenses on their page: Pentax objektiv - Stavanger foto
09-30-2019, 03:46 AM   #45

Personally I think this means that Ricoh cut all unnecessary budget and put them all on research now.