Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #1801
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Can we bring Rico to this thread then? Shall we mention the unmentionable SD card speed standard?
Anything but that!

10-03-2019, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #1802
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
You mean UHS-III?
You're not supposed to actually say the words. You'll summon the man of specific interests.
10-03-2019, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #1803
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
You're not supposed to actually say the words. You'll summon the man of specific interests.
Oh whoops. I plead ignorance. I'm new here.
10-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #1804
Veteran Member

FnS button is the most obvious and interesting change from other Pentax bodies Function Settings?I’m guessing quick access to customisable options like metering modes etc ...

10-03-2019, 02:04 PM - 2 Likes   #1805
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
one specification line per month
Perhaps. But, seriously, Mark, 27 November is not that far off and they would have to do more than wave a 100 years hot shoe cover around. They have released images of the new camera. They won't re-run those on 27 November because they can't just have a teaser for their 100 years splash. I would say that is when we will get something more concrete. Whatever we may say about Ricoh-Pentax marketing, this is not a job that they handed to the work experience kid!
10-03-2019, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #1806
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Pentax marketing, this is not a job that they handed to the work experience kid!
I thought it was handled by the cleaners.
10-03-2019, 02:11 PM - 2 Likes   #1807
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
I thought it was handled by the cleaners
The we should be going through the rubbish as that's where we will find the complete specs.

10-03-2019, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #1808

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
FnS button is the most obvious and interesting change from other Pentax bodies Function Settings?I’m guessing quick access to customisable options like metering modes etc ...
I would assume it's short for "function set" meaning it selects what the third wheel actually does. In my mind, you would hold down that button while turning the third wheel, and on the display (and top display) different variables like ISO, exposure compensation etc would rotate, and then when you let go of that button, turning the wheel will modify that variable.
10-03-2019, 02:37 PM - 7 Likes   #1809
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I have to say I'm sad to see this thread, which had a good purpose, starting to deteriorate into a post-fest.
Spare a thought for the moderation team. These are desperate times....
10-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #1810
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Does anyone currently really have issues around this? The info button presents nearly everything in a matrix on the rear screen, where the 4 way buttons and wheels allow you to select and change things quickly.
Holding a top button with your finger and scrolling the rear wheel allows you to set ISO etc, and your can store these in user modes as well.

Seems pretty good already?
10-03-2019, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #1811
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
What advantages does OLED bring?
Wider angles of view in comparison to regular LED screens.
10-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #1812
Veteran Member

Here is my wish list for this camera:
1. Hybrid EVF / OVF where you can switch to EVF to get blackout free high FPS bursts with a huge buffer.
2. Dual UHS-II card slots with ability to write to both cards alternatively for each image in the sequence.
3. Fast buffer clearing with no slowdown in performance and no locking of functionality on camera.
4. Ability to remote control camera either with removable screen or app with remote image.(keep disturbing nesting birds to a minimum)
5. AF points that cover the frame, something like the a9/a9ii. I can do BIF with my old K10D just fine if the bird is a heron or Eagle but cannot easily track very small fast moving birds like swifts or swallows. Too few AF points make that really tough. Newer Pentax models are good but need a better spread and more points.
6. AF tracking with real time bird eye AF tracking would be awesome!
7. Make sure they maintain the Pentax weather sealing standards. This is one of the reasons why I’ve stuck with Pentax despite them not having kept up with AF etc.
8. This one is more about lenses to go with the body. Improved AF motors in the lenses to go with the AF in the new body. Would also love to see some new super telephoto zooms. A modern version of their FA* 250-600 would be amazing. Something similar to the Sony 200-600 or the Tamron /Sigma zooms.
10-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #1813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Seems pretty good already?
Unless you want the rear screen turned off.

Last edited by BROO; 10-03-2019 at 03:05 PM.
10-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #1814
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Meanwhile, Asahi Man makes a cryptic post on the "other" forum of his "wish list"...
So, is it really a wish list, or a veiled leak?
Eric

"Asahi man • Contributing Member • Posts: 992
Re: Wishes for the new APS-C camera
In reply to KPM2 • 21 hours ago
I want a new autofocus system and a new display with a button to open the new mechanic.

Than a long buffer and more pictures per second.

A renewed stabilisation system is also a nice wish.

Best regards"
So:
  • New autofocus - we did notice that after him formerly hinting at it (size of the AF module)
  • Tiltable/extractable LCD, pushed back when one pushes on the currently unnamed button
  • Bigger buffer
  • Faster continuous shooting
  • Improved stabilisation.

Nice!
10-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #1815
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Sound like he still reads this forum.
You'll find more or less the same 'existentialist' questions on the other forum, you know...
Closed Thread