Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-04-2019, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #1921
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
What confusion? The camera has been announced. It simply has yet to launch.
I'm afraid it has not. It being under development was known since CP+ 2018. The latest press release from Ricoh Imaging was about 'the K series digital SLR camera currently under development being exhibited at Pentax fan events."

Next there will be a proper announcement, including the camera's specifications and possibly its RRP and availability date. Then the availability itself.

Besides, the press release from Ricoh Imaging Japan was issued on the 20th of September and the Facebook message from Ricoh Imaging France (which includes the same official pictures) on the 24th. Yet they use the future tense 'Notre nouveau DSLR APS-C sera annoncé', therefore they obviously make reference to an event which is still to come.

10-04-2019, 06:56 AM   #1922
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
The K70's call quality sucks too, and not that much better on the KP. By the way does anyone know how to un-mount my *55 from an iPhone XR?
Exactly, I would say a cell phone is much more complex than a dslr, and they certainly have the volume available for wireless charging.

And don't blame the camera, it's probably your wireless provider.
10-04-2019, 07:16 AM   #1923
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
If it's really possible to put one's hands on the camera, French people on this forum will report on the mysterious label on the bottom and, of course, the unlabelled button and its use.
M-a-y-be. Ricoh could continue to leave the button unlabeled and deactivate it. Jes' sayin'.
10-04-2019, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #1924
Pentaxian

We'll also bring a goat and some coarse salt.

10-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #1925
Veteran Member

I'm afraid it has not. It being under development was known since CP+ 2018. The latest press release from Ricoh Imaging was about 'the K series digital SLR camera currently under development being exhibited at Pentax fan events."

Next there will be a proper announcement, including the camera's specifications and possibly its RRP and availability date. Then the availability itself.

Besides, the press release from Ricoh Imaging Japan was issued on the 20th of September and the Facebook message from Ricoh Imaging France (which includes the same official pictures) on the 24th. Yet they use the future tense 'Notre nouveau DSLR APS-C sera annoncé', therefore they obviously make reference to an event which is still to come.
Semantics. I'd say the unveiling two weeks ago constitutes an 'announcement', though I do realize announcement as you suggest
is understood to mean a formal declaration of (eventual) availability.
10-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #1926

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tripped and fell smashed 55-300 plm, am in ae reading this thread. It cheered me up. Thanks guys.
10-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #1927
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The new camera doesn't seem to have the blue WIFI light. I find it very useful to see that WIFI is (still) on and sucking battery.

I wonder whether it will have only one card slot. I'm missing the card switch label. OTOH there is also no trash label.

10-04-2019, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #1928
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
The new camera doesn't seem to have the blue WIFI light.
nor a red GPS light or any marking Wi-Fi or GPS. This is probably visible on the top lcd or the camera has neither.
10-04-2019, 07:59 AM - 2 Likes   #1929
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
(...)

I wonder whether it will have only one card slot. I'm missing the card switch label. OTOH there is also no trash label.
Wide enough for two card slots.

Trash label on the upper left.

Source of the pictures above (©Albert Siegel): Close-up Photos: New Pentax APS-C Flagship - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Mistral75; 10-04-2019 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Typo
10-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #1930
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry if this has been discussed, but any thoughts about the small pits on either side of the prism housing (from above) - indicator lights? (and I don't mean flashers )

PS - I see the K-1 has similar towards the front of the prism housing
10-04-2019, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #1931
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Sorry if this has been discussed, but any thoughts about the small pits on either side of the prism housing (from above) - indicator lights? (and I don't mean flashers )
Stereo microphone?
10-04-2019, 08:49 AM   #1932
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wide enough for two card slots.

Trash label on the upper left.

Source of the pictures above (©Albert Siegel): Close-up Photos: New Pentax APS-C Flagship - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com
That card door doesn’t look much wider than the card door on my Kx and it only hold one card, not enough room for two.
10-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #1933
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
That card door doesn’t look much wider than the card door on my Kx and it only hold one card, not enough room for two.
The card door looks almost exactly like the one on my K-3 and it has two slots. The width of the raised area where the seal covers at its narrow end is about 12mm so yes it should hold two SD cards easily.
10-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #1934
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
The card door looks almost exactly like the one on my K-3 and it has two slots. The width of the raised area where the seal covers at its narrow end is about 12mm so yes it should hold two SD cards easily.
Did you measure the new prototype or are the dimensions available somewhere on line.
10-04-2019, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #1935
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
I always vowed I would not buy another camera until my K10D died, this morning put my battery in and the camera will not turn on!

Just in time for this new beast! (OK maybe a few months)

Now dreaming of a price point around US$1850.00
Mine did that. It was the battery

But I won’t tell if you don’t...

-Eric
Closed Thread