Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #226

My guess for the sensor beneath the viewfinder:
With the top dial next to prism set to LV, you will either use the screen or the hybrid viewfinder once you bring it up to your eye.

Did anyone notice the black bar on the left side of the screen is much bigger?
The screen is placed of center, what's up with that? Touchbar?

09-20-2019, 09:32 AM - 3 Likes   #227
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

My guess is the screen is a more streamlined swing-out 'n' swivel type... that would explain the finger-nail indent and the larger black bar at the left of the screen...
09-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #228
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If you zoom in on the top and bottom right corner of the LCD you can see that the back is curved so the LCD is more recessed on the far right side. So it is quite the opposite of a cavity.

It looks like a bad match between LCD cover and back design.
How about posting what you see because I see on the bottom right corner of the LCD screen a small triangle shaped indention with a matching line on the camera's bottom plate. In any case we will find out in due time what that is but its clearly not a defect of some sort.
09-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #229
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
My guess is the screen is a more streamlined swing-out 'n' swivel type... that would explain the finger-nail indent and the larger black bar at the left of the screen...
I agree, mike!!

09-20-2019, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #230
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And what about the unmarked button in the upper left of the back? Could that be a streamlined tilt screen release?
09-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #231
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
How about posting what you see because I see on the bottom right corner of the LCD screen a small triangle shaped indention with a matching line on the camera's bottom plate. In any case we will find out in due time what that is but its clearly not a defect of some sort.
I'm on a phone right now so it is a little difficult to post images. But look at the area above right top corner of the LCD, below the left side of the rear wheel. You can see that there is a curved area as the buttons need extra depth in the body.

The triangle you see is because of this curve in the back, as the LCD get more recessed into the body at this area.
09-20-2019, 09:46 AM - 4 Likes   #232
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Despite this being great news, let's see how long it takes for someone to complain.

I don't like it at all

--
It looks like K3, and i already have one

I'm so glad I skipped the waiting and bought KP, which looks waaaay better than this

09-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by -JW- Quote
My guess for the sensor beneath the viewfinder:
With the top dial next to prism set to LV, you will either use the screen or the hybrid viewfinder once you bring it up to your eye.

Did anyone notice the black bar on the left side of the screen is much bigger?
The screen is placed of center, what's up with that? Touchbar?
My guess is the black bar is to allow room for the hinged screen which hinges from the left.
09-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #234
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the rear image, the focal plane indicator is farther forward than my K5, suggesting more "works" behind the sensor. Or maybe just space for a flip-out screen?
09-20-2019, 09:57 AM - 10 Likes   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder if the marketing people at Ricoh put out this teaser just to watch PF melt down.
09-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #236
Veteran Member

The joystick alone is reason for me to want this camera. Improved AF, better buffer, USB 3.0 for faster tethering and I might just be on-board for this to go alongside my K-1.
09-20-2019, 10:01 AM - 2 Likes   #237

The "Photoshop" cloning from removing the model number from the photograph of the front is obvious. The pattern of speckles repeats three times.

I can see a good argument for not having the articulated screen of the K-1 on this model. It's a lot of extra weight, and one of the pros of APS-C DLSRs is supposed to be light weight compared to full-frame. The weight of the K-1 is my primary grudge against it...
09-20-2019, 10:01 AM   #238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by heinamj Quote
And what about the unmarked button in the upper left of the back? Could that be a streamlined tilt screen release?
Viewfinder overlay On/Off.
09-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #239
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IOW a video screen
09-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #240
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
In the rear image, the focal plane indicator is farther forward than my K5, suggesting more "works" behind the sensor. Or maybe just space for a flip-out screen?
It is little difficult to say, but it looks to be about the same as on my K3II.
Closed Thread