Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #841
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
Literally no. I don't mean a screen that flips around for selfies. I mean a screen that doesn't force you to crouch down behind a tripod mounted camera. Very seldom does one record video from eye height.
I have found that the LCD in one of these cameras has a fairly wide angle of view .... but I doubt if this new camera will surpass a camcorder in any case.

09-23-2019, 05:43 AM   #842
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The K-3 II and K-1 were released without pop-up flashes as well. I don't think a fourth model without a pop-up flash would signal the possibility of a new wireless flash solution.

I don't think Profoto and Elinchrome pricing is compatible with the budget choices Pentaxians seem to make. I don't know about Elinca.

There are already a number of alternatives, though. Wireless, radio-based solutions with Pentax-dedication are available from
  • Cactus
  • Cononmark
  • Godox
  • Phottix
  • PrioLite
In particular Godox (and Flashpoint) offer Pentax-dedicated triggers for a large ecosystem of lights which is very popular. It lacks the professional support Profoto offers but if one buys from a reputable seller like Adorama (they rebrand Godox as "Flashpoint" but also have Adorama-exclusive Flashpoint triggers like the R2 Pro MkII) then one will be fine, at least for as long as the warranty lasts. There are some US-based Godox repair options as well. This offsets the fact that Godox themselves do not interact with customers directly.
Pentax seems to be directing their products more at those of us who are happy using ambient light.
09-23-2019, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #843
Veteran Member

Can someone start a new thread dedicated to the new camera’s lcd screen?
09-23-2019, 05:58 AM   #844
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Why? There no details just pure speculation.

09-23-2019, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #845
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Note too that it already has a model name, which is simply taped shut with a bit of black masking tape. If it was a mock-up, that level of detail would be highly unlikely to be present.l
One thing we do know - not a long name like my old "Super Program".
09-23-2019, 06:23 AM   #846
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
at least its better than the constant bitching, whining and bellyaching about what ever Ricoh/Pentax has or hasn't done.
Oh but it has begun already, ya know...😁
09-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #847
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
In two words : touch screen.

09-23-2019, 06:29 AM - 7 Likes   #848
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And a touch viewfinder (as I can clear see a fingerprint on it.)
09-23-2019, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #849
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Why? There no details just pure speculation.
We got 472 replies on a thread about a tweet that turned out to be a bamboozle. Do you think reality is going to get in the way of ye olde an goode speculation threads?
09-23-2019, 06:36 AM - 2 Likes   #850
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
If the new Pentax model has a tilt screen, Ricoh run the risk that the new model won't be considered as a successor of the K3.
Ha ha ha - you are killing me.....
09-23-2019, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I think the screen is fixed - mostly, as I've said, because there is no protection for the edges of the glass if it is not.
Note that most cell phones have glass screens that go fully to the edge - the right material makes a world of difference (Gorilla glass anyone?). I'm not saying that the screen is fixed or not, just that materials are not the determining factor.
09-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #852
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Ha ha ha - you are killing me.....
But the pop-up flash is missing...
09-23-2019, 07:05 AM   #853
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
Note that most cell phones have glass screens that go fully to the edge - the right material makes a world of difference (Gorilla glass anyone?). I'm not saying that the screen is fixed or not, just that materials are not the determining factor.
I've been waiting for someone to point this out........thanks!
09-23-2019, 07:47 AM   #854
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I've been waiting for someone to point this out........thanks!
Why wait?

My phone has glass that goes to the edge, but the edge curves over, there is no exposed corner Maybe others are different? But anyway - why build in an unnecessary vulnerability into your screen? There COULD be a reason, but it would have to be a very good one.
09-23-2019, 09:17 AM - 2 Likes   #855
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think an articulated screen of some sort would be a good idea...

But then I think of all the times I read “just like a K-3 but with a bigger buffer and better AF...”

So a fixed screen is not unreasonable to me if we assume Ricoh reads some of those comments...

-Eric
Closed Thread