Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I just don't get how this is relevant to the question?

Ready to announce a product announcement???
They are not announcing a product here - but unlike yesterday at this time {when we were discussing whether there ever would be such a product} we know that there will be a product and roughly when they will announce it - but this is not the announcement of the camera. Since this is not the formal introduction, some 'rough edges' - both on the prototype and on the process - are inevitable and should not be of concern.

09-20-2019, 07:33 AM   #167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
please check the bottom right corner of the rear screen :P
If that is what I think it is, then I'm almost certainly buying one. This camera looks really good! Now hoping for specs to match...
09-20-2019, 07:35 AM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They are not announcing a product here - but unlike yesterday at this time {when we were discussing whether there ever would be such a product} we know that there will be a product and roughly when they will announce it - but this is not the announcement of the camera. Since this is not the formal introduction, some 'rough edges' - both on the prototype and on the process - are inevitable and should not be of concern.
It was a pretty simple question reh321 I know what has been announced and I don't need a lecture.
They haven't announced a product announcement. They have announced the development of a product.
09-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #169
Pentaxian

I just don't get how this is relevant to the question?

Ready to announce a product announcement???
Nikon just did the same...

09-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Nikon just did the same...
No they announced the development of a product.
Or maybe they are producing an announcement
09-20-2019, 07:45 AM - 4 Likes   #171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't have a problem with the ergonomics of the K-7/5/3 I do think these top dials make it worse Looks like the top lcd is slightly larger than the one on the K-1 because the dials seem to have shrunk in diameter. Hence less options and a new S.Fn button (changing the function of the function dial????). My main bout is a missing articulating/flippy screen. It is great for shooting from different perspectives. A real creative tool.
I’m not convinced it doesn’t have an articulating screen. My guess is the new top panel S.Fn soft button changes the data display on the top LCD So we can cycle through more info. My guess is the top dials don’t have all their function choices printed on this preview body (keeping a surprise or two in reserve). I doubt the would take up all that real estate for three choices.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-20-2019 at 07:54 AM.
09-20-2019, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It was a pretty simple question reh321 I know what has been announced and I don't need a lecture.
They haven't announced a product announcement. They have announced the development of a product.
They announced the development months ago when they said they were working on the K-3ii replacement. Now they are announcing that they will officially announce, in a day or two (21st is tomorrow yay) *what* the K-3ii's replacement is.

09-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #173
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Could somebody please explain to me the frequent mention of hybrid viewfinder? Hybrid optical/EVF is the signature feature of Fuji X-series, but is impossible, of course, with reflex viewing (the "R" in SLR). Is the suggestion an extension of live view?

Note: I am aware of the 2017 patent for coarse image projection onto the optical image.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-20-2019 at 08:51 AM.
09-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #174
Pentaxian

No they announced the development of a product
No, with the last several cameras - I really noticed it with the D850 - they made a really big deal about an announcement that was just an announcement that the product announcement was coming - but they hit the "camera news cycle" twice that way.
09-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #175
Pentaxian

I'm sorry that you feel lectured to.

I also feel sorry that you apparently still don't understand what I was saying.
09-20-2019, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I also feel sorry that you apparently still don't understand what I was saying.
I do understand what you are saying but when you quote a question from a forum member wouldn't it be polite to address that question?
Otherwise why quote it?

---------- Post added 09-20-19 at 07:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Now they are announcing that they will officially announce, in a day or two (21st is tomorrow yay) *what* the K-3ii's replacement is.
No. They have announced that they will exhibit a new product at the celebration event. The product announcement is when it is ready for sale with prices and specs and approximate shipping dates. Also a finalised PENTAPRISM design.
09-20-2019, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do understand what you are saying but when you quote a question from a forum member wouldn't it be polite to address that question?
Otherwise why quote it?

---------- Post added 09-20-19 at 07:56 AM ----------

No. They have announced that they will exhibit a new product at the celebration event. The product announcement is when it is ready for sale with prices and specs and approximate shipping dates. Also a finalised PENTAPRISM design.
Like all good pre-marketing, this is a tease.
09-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #178
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Could somebody please explain to me the frequent mention of hybrid viewfinder? Hybrid optical/EVF is the signature feature of Fuji X-series, but is impossible, of course, with reflex viewing (the "R" in SLR). Is the suggestion an extension of live view?

Steve
It should be possible with a oled/lcd overlay on the focussing screen that functions in mirror-up mode.
09-20-2019, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #179
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
You’ll be able to tell Pentaxians by their single long fingernail...

-Eric
Excellent too for ear cleaning.

Steve
09-20-2019, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Excellent too for ear cleaning.

Steve
And a nasal inhalation intoxicant*.

* not that I have personal experience therewith.
Closed Thread