Source come from a semiconductor engineer
Thank you for the link.

DOL-HDR (Digital Overlap High Dynamic Range) is a Sony technology:

DOL-HDR Image Sensor for Camera | Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation

09-20-2019, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This has popped up in several Facebook groups. Nothing but complaints about it not being mirrorless, or that it's a K-mount camera and not L-mount or etc...
And probably all from people who don't plan to buy one anyhow!
09-20-2019, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The ergonomics of the body have always bee excellent, so why mess with it? What really matters is the internal architecture. Is this a clear break with the past or just a further extension of the core Sony / SAFOX / SocioNext logic? If it is the same old same old what took so long?
Some years ago I taught a college course entitled "Modeling and Simulation". The first day of class I passed around a model 'N gauge' locomotive and we talked about things it had in common with the prototype {how it looked as a whole, what couplers did, ....} and how they differed {model made of plastic while prototype made of steel, model powered by electricity while prototype powered by combustion, ...} - then how those features would affect how we could use the model to represent the prototype.

How is that relevant to your question? Pentax has told us that the new camera is finally coming and roughly when! They appear to tell us that it is a DSLR. We need to be careful not to draw too many other conclusions from this announcement of an upcoming Announcement. Maybe this body hides a reworked KP - maybe it hides a reworked Samsung NX1 -maybe something in between the two - maybe something we can't even envision. So many questions .... but they just aren't ready to tell us anything more right now.
09-20-2019, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #214

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Thank you for the link.

DOL-HDR (Digital Overlap High Dynamic Range) is a Sony technology:

DOL-HDR Image Sensor for Camera | Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
This is first Time pentax using the new generation sony cmos

09-20-2019, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua A Quote
As long as this has the viewfinder LCD of the K-1, its an instant preorder for me. Shame about the lack of tilt screen though.
If no tilt screen, hello Sony Mirrorless. and 26mp too low for a 5+ yr wait for a new Flagship APSC , and actually why isn't this mirrorless ,it is the future. The only thing I'd miss is my 60-250 and matched multiplier
09-20-2019, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #216
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If you zoom in on the top and bottom right corner of the LCD you can see that the back is curved so the LCD is more recessed on the far right side. So it us the complete opposite of a cavity.
We are obviously looking at a different image.

Steve
09-20-2019, 09:02 AM - 6 Likes   #217
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
If no tilt screen, hello Sony Mirrorless. and 26mp too low for a 5+ yr wait for a new Flagship APSC , and actually why isn't this mirrorless ,it is the future. The only thing I'd miss is my 60-250 and matched multiplier
No tilt screen ? I wouldn't be so affirmative if I were you.

09-20-2019, 09:05 AM - 9 Likes   #218
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
We don't even know if the screen is flippy, tilting or flying with a drone behind it.

There are literally two APS-C cameras with more than 26 MP: the Canon 90D and M6ii which have been announced less than a month ago. Everything else is lower or equal. Also, thinking that 10% MP count means anything is hilarious.

If you want a mirrorless go and buy it. Why don't you? What do you have against people that cannot use EVFs, that you want to remove their OVF option completely when it is of no impact to you?

Do you have any clue what you write about or are you being contrarian for the heck of it?
09-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #219
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We are obviously looking at a different image.

Steve
No, just look at the top too.
It is designed just like K3II where the back is curved and becomes deeper at the right side of the LCD.
09-20-2019, 09:08 AM - 3 Likes   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
My only "issue" with Pentax today is the AF, i would like to be fastest (Center point is good, but eye AF for kids and moving person can make my work way more easier), that Joystick give me hopes, i would like to see a huge improvement in that area and then see that tech exported to a FF camera, otherwise i maybe jump ships to Sony or Nikon mirrorles, prove me wrong Ricoh.
Don't forget to wear your life preserver when you jump ship!
09-20-2019, 09:16 AM - 9 Likes   #221
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It is amazing how the tone of this thread changed once the trolls woke up.

Steve
09-20-2019, 09:20 AM - 5 Likes   #222
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is amazing how the tone of this thread changed once the trolls woke up.

Steve
That gives us an indication of the time zone the trolls are living in.
09-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #223
Pentaxian

No tilt screen ? I wouldn't be so affirmative if I were you.
That is just the body shape; the LCD screen is fixed in the presented prototype. Possibly on the final product, too.
09-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reassured and intrigued by what I'm seeing, excited even. Glad that they seem to be meaningfully evolving the familiar form factor instead of completely abandoning it. May have to wait a year or two after release, but got a hunch this will be my next camera.
09-20-2019, 09:26 AM - 2 Likes   #225
Pentaxian

That gives us an indication of the time zone the trolls are living in.
Don't forget that trolls can't stand sunlight. They are mostly nocturnal.
Closed Thread