Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I'm on a phone right now so it is a little difficult to post images. But look at the area above right top corner of the LCD, below the left side of the rear wheel. You can see that there is a curved area as the buttons need extra depth in the body.

The triangle you see is because of this curve in the back, as the LCD get more recessed into the body at this area.
We shall see.

09-20-2019, 10:07 AM - 5 Likes   #242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Don't forget that trolls can't stand sunlight. They are mostly nocturnal.
I am Nocturnal but no troll
09-20-2019, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #243
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is amazing how the tone of this thread changed once the trolls woke up.

Steve
At least the overall tone of the place has cheered up - yesterday at this time of day even the 'Pentax defenders' seemed at little bit desperate for good news - now we all have a good indication when we will have actual knowledge.
09-20-2019, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #244
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I wonder if the marketing people at Ricoh put out this teaser just to watch PF melt down.
No, the 'meltdown' was yesterday when we had nothing that even approximated news.

09-20-2019, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #245
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote

Then let's hope the new camera has really good low light performance.
09-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
At least the overall tone of the place has cheered up - yesterday at this time of day even the 'Pentax defenders' seemed at little bit desperate for good news - now we all have a good indication when we will have actual knowledge.
Oh ye of little faith!! its always darkest before the dawn!
09-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Despite this being great news, let's see how long it takes for someone to complain.
I'll be monitoring the complaints department !

09-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
I have nocturnal emissions when dreaming about new Pentax equipment, especially the upcoming no pun intended 70-200 f4
09-20-2019, 10:27 AM - 14 Likes   #249
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't wait for the formal announcement tomorrow!
Attached Images

09-20-2019, 10:37 AM - 2 Likes   #250
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Can't wait for the formal announcement tomorrow!
There is no such thing as a formal announcement tomorrow. Simply the prototype will be showcased during a 100th-anniversary 50-people meeting in Tokyo.
09-20-2019, 10:43 AM - 3 Likes   #251
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Simply the prototype will be showcased during a 100th-anniversary 50-people meeting in Tokyo.
:P pedantic much?
Can't I just be excited for a new camera?

"TOKYO, September 20, 2019-RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce a preview showing of the PENTAX K mount digital SLR camera at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held Japan from September 21st."

You don't think they will 'announce' the camera at the exhibit?
Just let it sit in the showcase and not talk about it at all?
:P
09-20-2019, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #252
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
:P pedantic much?
Can't I just be excited for a new camera?

"TOKYO, September 20, 2019-RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce a preview showing of the PENTAX K mount digital SLR camera at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held Japan from September 21st."

You don't think they will 'announce' the camera at the exhibit?
Just let it sit in the showcase and not talk about it at all?
:P
A formal announcement would include a product name, price, and availability date...At the moment this is as much of a teaser as showing the MZ-D at trade shows...
09-20-2019, 10:46 AM - 2 Likes   #253
Pentaxian

That sure looks like a promising camera. It seems the journey through the Pentax desert is coming to an end
It looks like this might be the highest class APS-C body Pentax ever designed, looks that way from the images. Definitely a higher build quality than the just released Canon 90D, but that is positioned as a mid-class body. Now let's wait and see if it can match the 90D's AF.
But picture this: I left Pentax because I could not tolerate the K3's AF any longer, and the K3's successor was unsure. That is now about to end, and I am (happily) with Canon, who might discontinue its (Dslr) APS-C flagship line and force me to cope with the mid-class build quality of the (stellar) 90D. I must have been born under a wicked constellation

Seriously though: Canon is very much in transit, and the 7DII successor will likely be mirrorless. I think there is much to look forward to with this new Pentax APS-C flagship
09-20-2019, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
That sure looks like a promising camera. It seems the journey through the Pentax desert is coming to an end
It looks like this might be the highest class APS-C body Pentax ever designed, looks that way from the images. Definitely a higher build quality than the just released Canon 90D, but that is positioned as a mid-class body. Now let's wait and see if it can match the 90D's AF.
But picture this: I left Pentax because I could not tolerate the K3's AF any longer, and the K3's successor was unsure. That is now about to end, and I am (happily) with Canon, who might discontinue its (Dslr) APS-C flagship line and force me to cope with the mid-class build quality of the (stellar) 90D. I must have been born under a wicked constellation

Seriously though: Canon is very much in transit, and the 7DII successor will likely be mirrorless. I think there is much to look forward to with this new Pentax APS-C flagship
Canon seems to be on the path of abandoning EF altogether.
09-20-2019, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #255
Pentaxian

The announcement was today: they announced they will showcase a prototype during various meetings, beginning tomorrow.

Of course we all hope that some Ricoh staff will tell more about this camera during these meetings.
Closed Thread