Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
:P pedantic much?
Can't I just be excited for a new camera?

"TOKYO, September 20, 2019-RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce a preview showing of the PENTAX K mount digital SLR camera at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held Japan from September 21st."

You don't think they will 'announce' the camera at the exhibit?
Just let it sit in the showcase and not talk about it at all?
:P
Yes, you may be excited for the new camera - as lots of people will be - and for the preview showing that was announced yesterday afternoon but will occur tomorrow.

09-20-2019, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #257
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope they name it the KC, whenever it hits the warehouses.
09-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Maybe I won't have to hope for a good s/h K3ii when I have the means to update after all — the ergonomics look great. I don't like gear threads generally, but this one is welcome news.
09-20-2019, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me so happy!
Eric

09-20-2019, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #260
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There is no such thing as a formal announcement tomorrow. Simply the prototype will be showcased during a 100th-anniversary 50-people meeting in Tokyo.
Ummm...that would be later today. It is already tomorrow (the 21st) in Tokyo.

Steve
09-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #261
Pentaxian

From looking at the high res images, this camera looks like it's going to be one tank of a build! It almost looks indestructible! I don't have a problem with it not having a hinged/flippy rear screen if they decide to do that. I'll probably end up buying this & a K-70 for slow paced hinged pictures. I'm just waiting to find out how much effort they put into the AF system.
09-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #262
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
Seriously though: Canon is very much in transit, and the 7DII successor will likely be mirrorless.
Yes...goodbye EF...unless the label on the front is Rebel.

Steve

09-20-2019, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #263

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
That little nick in the lower right corner of the LCD can't be a flip out screen. You'd have to, as mentioned above, save a nail long to flip it out makes no sense and certainly not Pentax like.
Maybe it's one of those "push-in-one-corner/side-pop-out-the other" affairs.
09-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #264
Veteran Member

Kimio Tanaka posted four details on Tweeter and pointed out that the GUI could have been 'substantially modified'.

Source: Twitter
I'm going to guess that the knob by the pentaprism box with three settings is for changing from ovf (camera symbol) to evf (LV) to a cropped version of the evf for movies (video camera symbol).

Maybe this will stir up this uncharacteristically positive thread... Bring it!
09-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #265
Veteran Member

Looking at the angle of the shot, it would appear like that is a notch for a finger hold but the screen is flush. Sorry guys, more likely I think its the opposite side edge of the raised button panel where the screen 'digs' into the slope a bit.
09-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #266
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I hope they name it the KC, whenever it hits the warehouses.
It seems more likely they will call it K-CI.
09-20-2019, 11:16 AM - 2 Likes   #267
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
A formal announcement would include a product name, price, and availability date...
...and would be preceded by at least a week of cryptic posts by Chinese and Siberian bloggers and random sightings of mystery cameras with taped-over labels in numerous major Asian cities and maybe even Paris.

Steve
09-20-2019, 11:16 AM - 2 Likes   #268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
That sure looks like a promising camera. It seems the journey through the Pentax desert is coming to an end
It looks like this might be the highest class APS-C body Pentax ever designed, looks that way from the images. Definitely a higher build quality than the just released Canon 90D, but that is positioned as a mid-class body. Now let's wait and see if it can match the 90D's AF.
But picture this: I left Pentax because I could not tolerate the K3's AF any longer, and the K3's successor was unsure. That is now about to end, and I am (happily) with Canon, who might discontinue its (Dslr) APS-C flagship line and force me to cope with the mid-class build quality of the (stellar) 90D. I must have been born under a wicked constellation

Seriously though: Canon is very much in transit, and the 7DII successor will likely be mirrorless. I think there is much to look forward to with this new Pentax APS-C flagship
Actually many of us told you to be patient something good was coming!!
09-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #269

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Despite this being great news, let's see how long it takes for someone to complain.
It seems that it took minutes, perhaps even seconds.
09-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #270
Pentaxian

No tilt screen ? I wouldn't be so affirmative if I were you.
Wow. That would be sleek! Wonder if..
Closed Thread