Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
It seems more likely they will call it K-CI.
I refer you to the LX, released in 1980.

09-20-2019, 11:25 AM - 2 Likes   #272
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...and would be preceded by at least a week of cryptic posts by Chinese and Siberian bloggers and random sightings of mystery cameras with taped-over labels in numerous major Asian cities and maybe even Paris.

Steve
Even better would be having the tape cover only part of the label, so guessing name would have to fit into the part revealed.
09-20-2019, 11:28 AM - 11 Likes   #273
Pentaxian

Wonder why all of these ’I want MILC’ guys are still here. How many yrs does it take to understand, it is not coming. Not here. Perhaps this slow pace innovative functional camera thing is why Pentax is doing what it is doing it and will be. If one is after something else. There are, and especially last couple yrs. It has been practically coming up like mushrooms at autumn. Everywhere. Plenty of options.

No. You have to sit here and complain. Shame!

There. Said it.
09-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Wonder why all of these ’I want MILC’ guys are still here. How many yrs does it take to understand, it is not coming. Not here. Perhaps this slow pace innovative functional camera thing is why Pentax is doing what it is doing it and will be. If one is after something else. There are, and especially last couple yrs. It has been practically coming up like mushrooms at autumn. Everywhere. Plenty of options.

No. You have to sit here and complain. Shame!

There. Said it.
So we can make sure our Boris Cleto List is up to date!

09-20-2019, 11:35 AM - 5 Likes   #275
Pentaxian

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that no matter when it comes out, or how good it's spec's are, or how well it completes the "bicycle test," it will still get lambasted by DPR and given a low-ish score.
09-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
So we can make sure our Boris Cleto List is up to date!
Ah yes. That must be it
09-20-2019, 11:37 AM - 2 Likes   #277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meanwhile, at DP Review's corporate headquarters, the staff are locked down in a secret meeting, at which they're discussing which souped-up mountain bicycle and camouflage clothing they should use in the AF tests for the new Pentax camera.

09-20-2019, 11:38 AM - 2 Likes   #278
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that no matter when it comes out, or how good it's spec's are, or how well it completes the "bicycle test," it will still get lambasted by DPR and given a low-ish score.
Well some of us might be disapointed if it would not..
That test should be upgraded to e-scooters thou..it is the future after all
09-20-2019, 11:42 AM - 2 Likes   #279
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well some of us might be disapointed if it would not..
That test should be upgraded to e-scooters thou..it is the future after all
I think they should move to hover boards for the test.

As for the new K... I'm really looking forward to seeing the final specs when they're ready to release it.
09-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #280
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
It seems more likely they will call it K-CI.
I got that joke👏
09-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #281
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Actually many of us told you to be patient something good was coming!!
I know, now why didn't I listen
But seriously, it was a good move I made. Of course it takes time to adapt to a new system, and surely hardest was the AA-filter on the 7DII sensor and the sub-par dynamic range at base iso. But otherwise, the speed and the efficacious nature of the Auto Focus were a new world. Much due to the body, with dual processor, one dedicated to AF, and the 65 cross type sensors, but also to the lens motor in the 400DOII.

So there is a lot of ground to cover for Pentax, and boy, do I hope there will be a few new super fast lenses on the roadmap by the time the new flagship comes out. The lens is at least half the work, and I am already spoiled rotten (even in Canon land) by the speed and accuracy of the 400DOII lens. But I admit, had this news come half a year earlier, I would not have switched.... the DA560 was addictive and Pentax cán make very nice bodies (if they want to...) and they have the allmighty Sony sensor....
09-20-2019, 11:48 AM - 2 Likes   #282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Meanwhile, at DP Review's corporate headquarters, the staff are locked down in a secret meeting, at which they're discussing which souped-up mountain bicycle and camouflage clothing they should use in the AF tests for the new Pentax camera.
They are also buying the purple sharpies to paint the LoCA fringes on the D FA* 85/1.4
09-20-2019, 11:53 AM - 2 Likes   #283
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I heard rumor they had decided on radio controlled go-karts chased by drones and hungry starlings. The intended subjects being the starlings, of course.

Steve

(I can say this with some certainty since I am less than 200 miles south of their offices and knowing sound travels exceptionally well through our glacial till, I heard the meeting in progress...ear-to-the-ground, so to speak.)
09-20-2019, 11:54 AM - 2 Likes   #284
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They’ve already started over there.
09-20-2019, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #285
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
I think they should move to hover boards for the test.

As for the new K... I'm really looking forward to seeing the final specs when they're ready to release it.
Tht would about time!

Yea about K- I’m more than interested of how they have tackled the things they said that they have on the table. Like ultimate redo of AF. They basically said that they had toputit in peaces and make it from beginning. So, basically shell is ’old’(why change something that IS working). Rest is new, up to some extent.
Closed Thread