Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #316
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Petrock Quote
Is that an inset for a fingertip to lift the LCD, on the lower right?
Interesting observation. It looks like it's fixed but what if it can be pulled out then when not in use sits flush inside so it can't be damaged easily?

Also, I find the video dial interesting, it looks like it could fit a lot more functions but then I thought what if it gets such a dedicated dial because this camera will have the improved video everyone always seems to ask for?

09-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #317
Pentaxian

It is fixed.
I would be slightly annoyed about it, but I can't stop laughing after seeing Fujifilm's announcement.
09-20-2019, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #318
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
The name will of course be LX-D, and pronounced LSD :-)
LXll (2019 is the 62nd Anniversary of the use of Pentax as a brand name)
09-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #319
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Way too good. I used my Q-7 for a few weeks ..... and then decided that I was 100% correct - if a camera doesn't have an EVF, I have absolutely no interest.
You! Are! Pushing! Yr! Luck!

09-20-2019, 02:14 PM - 2 Likes   #320
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
can't stop laughing after seeing Fujifilm's announcement.
Fujifilm is DOOOOOMED!
09-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #321
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I wonder if the marketing people at Ricoh put out this teaser just to watch PF melt down.
yes for sure, and they will get much feed back, it is they said still under development.
09-20-2019, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #322
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

It is fixed.
They fixed it already? It now has an articulating screen?!
Awesome! Would hate for it to be broken on release with a non-articulating screen!

09-20-2019, 02:26 PM - 2 Likes   #323
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
You! Are! Pushing! Yr! Luck!
I have just had experience with a Pentax-made MILC. If they cannot do it right, they should not do it at all.
09-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #324
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
However, they had told him that even showing a silhouette would reveal something about the camera they are not ready to reveal.
So, what are we missing that could be seen from a silhouette? Just the knobs? What else?

It appears to be perhaps 10mm taller than a K3, the prism cover seems slightly larger but both could be illusions.
09-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #325
Pentaxian

I like how the LCD screen on the top of the camera body is retained on the Pentax flagship models. It is so useful for me, along with other Pentax features.
09-20-2019, 02:43 PM - 2 Likes   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is fixed.
I would be slightly annoyed about it, but I can't stop laughing after seeing Fujifilm's announcement.
Which is more hilarious, that the much-ballyhooed 33/1.0 project ballooned out of control* or that their face-saving project is a 50/1.0 when they've already had 2 iterations of the 56/1.2?

* Meanwhile, their 35/1.4 has had erratic AF since its inception and Fuji, despite the clamoring of its customer base, has done nothing to update the lens.

This is the kind of wastefulness Ricoh has been rightly able to avoid.
09-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #327
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This has popped up in several Facebook groups. Nothing but complaints about it not being mirrorless, or that it's a K-mount camera and not L-mount or etc...
L mount would have been a huge surprise as pentax is not part of the alliance...
I am not surprised this one is not ML ; if you launch a relatively "disruptive" product would you prefer a higher price point or a lower one.
It is better for Pentax to go for a ML FF first
09-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #328

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Something else I have just noticed: Note the button to the left of the AE Metering button. On the K-1, that button on the very left is the LV (Live View) button. Why would they blank out the LV script on the button?
There is a LV icon on the third wheel, next to the movie icon
09-20-2019, 02:53 PM - 5 Likes   #329
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
L mount would have been a huge surprise as pentax is not part of the alliance...
I am not surprised this one is not ML ; if you launch a relatively "disruptive" product would you prefer a higher price point or a lower one.
It is better for Pentax to go for a ML FF first
There won't be a Pentax mirrorless...That market is already over saturated and sales are flat. deadhorse

As long as Ricoh Imaging is turning a profit Pentax will continue to exist as a niche product just as Leica continues to exist as a premium niche product. Hopefully it never gets sold to a Chinese drone manufacturer...
09-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #330

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
There appears to be a rocker switch/button on the top deck between the shutter button and corner dial.
Could be video record button? That's what they look like sometimes. .
Closed Thread