Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2019, 02:31 AM   #436
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
the outside of the new camera is old fasioned,
and that after so many years the last new dslr.

hope the inside is much much better
Surely that makes it ideal for hipsters.

09-21-2019, 02:37 AM   #437
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dericali Quote
Indeed. If it's a programmable function button 'shutter function' then likely one could program it to be the movie record button, for those that prefer to use this function rather than shutter release.

The presence of the AF joystick gives me hope that Pentax will give users what they have long been pining after - better AF and better video. (Because then Pentax cameras would be perfect).

Video is easier to do well with a smaller sensor, so APSC rather than FF. (some of the other speculative discussions around some kind of digital view finder read out would support improved video specs such as clean HDMI read out).

The presence of the video icon on the third wheel suggests to me that this camera is more video focused... and that Pentax is doing away with *some* of its usual conventions.
There’s an HDMI logo on the rubber cover on the left side (left from the rear).
09-21-2019, 02:56 AM   #438
Pentaxian

I wanted a super retro style camera but, I'm really glad that this camera came out. Considering the noise in this forum that there will be no new camera on its 100th year, I think Ricoh showed this leak to assure the Pentax Jedi Clan that they're alive and are still committed to photography. At least the natives' restlessness on Pentax being doomed again has been countered. But then again this is pentaxforums.
09-21-2019, 02:58 AM - 3 Likes   #439
Pentaxian

First report on today's meeting in Tokyo. This one comes from Digital Camera Watch.

リコーイメージング、開発中のデジタル一眼レフカメラをファンイベントに参考出品 - デジカメ Watch

Google translation

Apparently the prototype was showcased (under glass?) but no further details were provided. The quality of the pictures in the report is quite poor.

09-21-2019, 03:00 AM   #440
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Either Ricoh has made a new type of super thin metering sensor or metering is performed on the main image sensor.
Maybe they integrated the light metering sensor with the pdaf sensor in the bottom of the camera.
09-21-2019, 03:14 AM   #441
Pentaxian

The shared Fx1 and Fx2 button are gone. Obviously replaced by SF.n Could the camera also have a touch screen?
09-21-2019, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua A Quote
Shame about the lack of tilt screen though.
Just press the plain black unmarked button on the upper left of the housing and out she pops. Or else put your fingernail under the cutout corner on the right bottom corner of the screen and pull. And then take a nail file to repair your fingernail.

09-21-2019, 03:22 AM - 1 Like   #443

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held in Japan on September 21st.

|
(click on the images for the full resolution versions at Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera)
  • Model name: to be announced later.
  • Flagship model of our K-mount digital SLR camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor.
  • Currently under development for market launch in 2020.
  • Price: Not decided.

The third (and forth) dial from the K-1 (II) makes a return and there appears to be a sensor under the viewfinder.
Also noteworthy: An AF-joystick.

Nice.
Very excited about this! Have been waiting too long for Pentax to offer an upgrade for my K-3. Hope it has a tilting screen for low angle shots and 4K 24fps. I can't see where the microphone jack is located? I'm hoping it's behind the flap underneath the SD card slots.
09-21-2019, 03:29 AM   #444
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vangaans Quote
I can't see where the microphone jack is located?
It is above the headphone jack. The DC in has disappeared so maybe it can be powered (and charged) over usb.
09-21-2019, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #445

But...but...but... It doesn't have "PENTAX" on the back under the screen.

DEALBREAKER!

LOL!
09-21-2019, 03:35 AM   #446

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It is above the headphone jack. The DC in has disappeared so maybe it can be powered (and charged) over usb.
Ok great! Thanks D1N0
09-21-2019, 03:44 AM   #447
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
These latest images show that it looks a lot more like a K-3 than I previously thought. The angle of the first released images made it look more different than it is.

You flippy screen believers need to give up! There's no chance of flippy screen you have inverted 3d seeing. It's not a notch, it a raised triangular area.
09-21-2019, 03:52 AM   #448
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
You flippy screen believers need to give up! There's no chance of flippy screen you have inverted 3d seeing. It's not a notch, it a raised triangular area.
They have all gone quiet now. Maybe filing their fingernails?
09-21-2019, 04:07 AM - 2 Likes   #449
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
It's not a notch, it a raised triangular area.
With all due respect, house, if you look at a blow up of the relevant area you can see clearly that it is NOT a raised triangular area. It is definitely a notch as shown below (again):

In addition (something which I don't believe has attracted as much attention) there is a clear separation between the screen surround and the body. That separation line runs into the notch. This tells me there is something different here. Exactly what that is, I don't know. But for some reason the screen is not integrated flush with the body and there is a small cut out at the bottom right.

On my K3 and K10D the screen finished flush with the body.
09-21-2019, 04:15 AM - 3 Likes   #450
Pentaxian

Size comparison with the K-3
Closed Thread