Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2019, 06:37 AM   #496
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Albert Siegel Quote
No firm timeline given and I would not trust one if they did as they never seem to meet their timelines. :-) I will just trust them at their word of it being worth the wait.
Mmm - you do have to push on with new tech though, to stop it being outdated by the time of release - I hope they make a big push to getthis out - the display model looks fairly complete, other than deliberaately leavin off name and some button and dial functions, which are just cosmetic.

09-21-2019, 06:39 AM - 4 Likes   #497
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
K-cup support.

Steve
Don’t be silly. That’s what the notch by the screen is for. Since there’s nowhere to store the needed water onboard (since it’s APS-C and not full frame), the little notch has a sharp edge you can use to open up the K-Cups and dump the contents into a separate mug.

You think it’s coincidence they’re selling 100th anniversary mugs now, too?

-Eric
09-21-2019, 06:41 AM - 4 Likes   #498

Attached Images

09-21-2019, 06:44 AM   #499
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Is it silly to imgine that, just based on shape, the top LCD might be OLED? At least it's got bigger again
I believa that a OLED display would be darker. The prototype looks to have same type of display as on older cameras.
But it may change on the released camera, as we do not know how far into the development the prototype is.

09-21-2019, 06:45 AM   #500
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Albert Siegel Quote
No firm timeline given and I would not trust one if they did as they never seem to meet their timelines. :-) I will just trust them at their word of it being worth the wait. They really seem super excited about it, so I have a good feeling that those of us waiting to upgrade will be rewarded.
Was there anything said about other future products?

I’m after the 70-200 f4, but there’s an 85 F1.4 that’s got interest as well...

-Eric
09-21-2019, 07:09 AM - 5 Likes   #501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Was there anything said about other future products?

I’m after the 70-200 f4, but there’s an 85 F1.4 that’s got interest as well...

-Eric
I did not talk with them much about future products. Too much going on tonight. I'll try to setup a meeting sometime soon and get an interview or something.
09-21-2019, 07:22 AM - 8 Likes   #502

Let's keep the discussion friendly. Passions are high as always whenever Ricoh reveals new products. Perhaps even more so as a successor to the K-3ii has been much desired and by many opinion long overdue.

At this time I've deleted "unfriendly" posts rather than issue formal warnings or infractions.

09-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #503

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I honestly wish Ricoh Pentax will push it and release not an outdated product, but something, that would put Pentax cameras on the map again. Ricoh Pentax must look into the future, not old farts. Keeping my fingers crossed for something exciting this time.
09-21-2019, 08:11 AM   #504
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Let's just say that it currently doesn't have a "flippy screen," but that is something that could be added in the next few months and there may be some iterations of the camera in testing that have it and some that don't.
09-21-2019, 08:20 AM   #505
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

If it is tipped on its side!

Steve
The pentaprism shall really be positioned as in the picture (which is an isometric projection): rear face vertical, front bottom faces pointing down.

09-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #506
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Several people have commented on the look of the prism housing/eyepiece, and it is certainly very different to the K-3 or to the K-3ii - I was just recalling that Ricoh erlier wouldn't release a silhouette teaser because the shape might give too much away - so this is like an whodunnit - what has been given away? People are speculating about hybrids because of patents etc, but is there anything we can see that they might have not wanted us to see at an earlier stage that might confirm that or anything else?
09-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #507

I think Ricoh is going for the retro look of the classic Pentax film pentaprism housing as they did with the K-1. I don't see why the silhouette would have revealed too much though.

As far as what features the production product will ultimately we shall just have to wait and see. As with all press releases from Ricoh concerning future products we have this:

QuoteQuote:
Notes:
・ The designs and specifications are identical to those first announced publicly about the camera's development, and subject to change without notice.
What features that people believe they perceive from the photos is colored by their hopes, wishes, desires and expectations as much by what tricks of lighting or camera angle might reveal. Those perceptions can change as more photos and information are revealed.
09-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #508
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That prism thing is really small and narrow. What if it wouldbe a hybrid so that it has Milc tech but pentaprism would just be for looking through. And mirror instead of curtain?edit: never mind. That would not be possible because MILC uses sensor based focus..but it would make sense with mode defined LV mode, since now it is on drive wheel instead of button.

Last edited by repaap; 09-21-2019 at 09:26 AM.
09-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #509
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
The OVF/LV/Video selector seems to be derived from the KP selector that was coaxially under the 3rd wheel mode selector. With no rotary mode selector for the 3rd wheel, the OVF/LV/Video selector has risen to the top.
As has been suggested by others here, the top left LV selector button of the KP and K1 may have gained a new role of releasing the screen.
It would be nice if the Top left LV selector could switch the mirror off for the EVF to appear. OVF or EVF choice should be the great choice. And what about the sensor under the viewfinder? Well, perhaps to turn the screen off when your eye looks in the EVF viewfinder in LV mode?!
09-21-2019, 09:11 AM   #510
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The pentaprism shall really be positioned as in the picture (which is an isometric projection): rear face vertical, front bottom faces pointing down.
no question; I assume the 'tilted' comment came from a sideview, but in that it has to be considered that the outer shape of the prism housing does not just show the outline of the actual prism and that on that image the sidefaces do optically not meet horizontal with the body shoulders, but just out of the reason of them being oblique.
Closed Thread