Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2019, 01:09 PM   #541
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the "PENTAX Meeting 100th Anniversary Special" scheduled to be held in Japan on September 21st.

|
(click on the images for the full resolution versions at Wifi Commander for Pentax - wireless remote control for your Pentax camera)
  • Model name: to be announced later.
  • Flagship model of our K-mount digital SLR camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor.
  • Currently under development for market launch in 2020.
  • Price: Not decided.

The third (and forth) dial from the K-1 (II) makes a return and there appears to be a sensor under the viewfinder.
Also noteworthy: An AF-joystick.

Nice.
Interesting.... it appears to have a badge at the lower right side of the lens connector.... I wonder if that will carry over to the new designation?

Attached Images

09-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #542
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Been a while since I have visited, no news... All I can say... About D@^^n time... Now it's time to get the Metz 26AF2 for the pocket... Man will there be a lot of used K3s for sale...
09-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #543
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexM Quote
Interesting.... it appears to have a badge at the lower right side of the lens connector.... I wonder if that will carry over to the new designation?

09-21-2019, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #544

QuoteOriginally posted by djfriedt Quote
This is quite exciting. My K-3 has 34000 images already, so perhaps time to move on up.

barely used..

09-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #545
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The pentaprism shall really be positioned as in the picture (which is an isometric projection): rear face vertical, front bottom faces pointing down.
Hmmmm...I've held one in my hand and they don't look that. Pointy part goes up when oriented for camera use. The amazing thing is that they are often much smaller than the housing that surrounds them.

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:13 PM   #546
Pentaxian

edit - already covered

Last edited by Pentikonian; 09-21-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: already covered
09-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #547
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexM Quote
it appears to have a badge at the lower right side of the lens connector.
Shake Reduction, that's all. So it will have in-body shake reduction, as the current line up does.

09-21-2019, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #548
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
But I have but one simple question – will my images transcend out of the ordinary and into the sublime? .
Only your wallet knows for sure.

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:19 PM - 2 Likes   #549
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It has been mentioned upthread since the birders and action people favor APSc.. It isn’t a rumor per se but a supposition. My post clearly is a “what if” question.
It won't become a rumor until it is picked up by PetaPixel or PentaxRumors or a blogger in China. When either happens, it will cycle back here as a new thread in the News and Rumors section.

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #550
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Where did the sports/action/birding camera rumor get started? What is the basis of this rumor? Have any specs been announced other than being APS-C? A new top-tier (flagship) sports/birding camera will be a bit of a dud without top-tier fast telephotos. Are these on the roadmap?

And why can't a sports/action/birding camera be used for general, astro, field or macro photography? And how does a flippy/articulated screen prevent you from taking sports/bird shots?
I think this rumor started long ago when ppl strated thinking pentax intends to release a D500 type of APSC...
09-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #551
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
2 comments.... I would like the AF button moved to a spot where it is not inadvertently held/ tripped. Our research determined that was the fastest way to anger the "mirror flipping" demons in the K-3s we operate. Also a slightly higher rear thumb ridge would aid grip for smaller hands not using a hand strap to carry low.
09-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #552
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentikonian Quote
My comment was opinion from the point of being someone who prefers a faster prime over a zoom
Ricoh filed a patent some time back for a 200mm f/2.8 prime. Would that satisfy?

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #553
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don't understand the new control system either - but we don't need to right now, and presumably all will become clear some time in the future.
Yep...I am just hoping they decide to make it a little less tall. At present, it appears to be shouting to the world, "Break Me!".

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #554
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Almost forgot. I did a mount referenced size comparison with the K-3II
Click below to see image:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Nicely done!

Steve

(imgur is such a pain...does not allow direct linking) Edit: I was told there is a feature for doing so. My bad.

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-21-2019 at 02:19 PM.
09-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #555
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
the fastest way to anger the "mirror flipping" demons in the K-3s we operate.
Didn't you get the fix?

In all seriousness, I am surprised to hear this. The initial reports of runaway mirror on shutter release came from interval shooting where AF would have been turned off.

Steve

(...my camera has done it once...long after warranty expired...)
Closed Thread