Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2019, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #556
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All this talk about the prism housing shape when my big question is what is hiding under the mirror box. That bulgy space at the bottom of the mount is ginormous. What say, that is where the dedicated AF processor board lives?

Steve

09-21-2019, 01:41 PM   #557
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What is the scaling reference?

Steve
The Remote control in door and the lower screw matched up perfectly
09-21-2019, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #558
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep...I am just hoping they decide to make it a little less tall. At present, it appears to be shouting to the world, "Break Me!".

Steve
Everyone has an argument . . . .

One thing that has made all the K-7 platform APSc bodies less than ideal for me is with broad hands my pinky finger hangs off the bottom of the grip. K-1 fits perfectly. When I looked at the comparison images upthread I immediately thought maybe it will fit my right hand better.
09-21-2019, 01:52 PM - 2 Likes   #559
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One thing that has made all the K-7 platform APSc bodies less than ideal for me is with broad hands my pinky finger hangs off the bottom of the grip. K-1 fits perfectly. When I looked at the comparison images upthread I immediately thought maybe it will fit my right hand better.
I fold pinky and tip of third finger under the K-3 and was thinking the same thing.

Steve

09-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #560
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Everyone has an argument . . . .
Don't you want to hear my thoughts on L-plate fit?

Steve
09-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #561

Click below to see image:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Steve

(imgur is such a pain...does not allow direct linking)
Sure they do, in the image view mode use the BBCCode option:

From the album/image mode change the 4th drop down above the thumbnails to "generate image links", click on the photos you want to link, click "done". In the popup window change the drop down to "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and copy and paste the img codes.

In the new post mode mouse over the image, click on the drop down arrow and click on "generate share links"

Edit: To keep the post relevant to the thread @Albert_Siegel has a photo of the left profile of the prototype. Since the K-mount ring is visible it would make scale matching easier with other K-mount bodies. Someone could ask him permission to use the image for a comparison photo.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/pentax-news/close-up-photos-new-pentax...-flagship.html

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-21-2019 at 02:14 PM.
09-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #562
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
One of the more interesting details we will see when this camera is finally released is whether Ricoh have "learned their lesson" from the backlash that followed the noise reduction applied to raw files in the K1ii. Will they go the same way, or make it optional?

09-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #563

This is a surprise, thought DSLRs were on the way out.

Curry's moving cameras from the front of our local store to somewhere in the middle seemed to confirm this.
09-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #564
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Sure they do, in the image view mode use the BBCCode option:
That is a surprise to me. I am not a user there, but all too common here are broken image links here that are actually page URLs. I just assumed they didn't allow such. I guess one learns something new every day.

Steve
09-21-2019, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #565
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I suppose that RGB sensor is at there too.
The RGB meter sensor "sees" the image formed on the focus screen, the same image seen by user. I believe it is just above the eyepiece glass, though it may be positioned elsewhere under the prism housing.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-21-2019 at 02:28 PM.
09-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #566
Pentaxian

The photo of the prototype shows a deep recess where the back screen is set. I would suspect that it isn't finished.

The mic headphone door is beside the hdmi usb door. Nice.

What has ricoh learned from this announcement? Af, deep buffer and an articulated back screen are yes/no propositions. IQ is assumed to be good. Movie is getting to be a yes/no proposition.

I think that ricoh is trying to figure out what product to make.

I'm very happy with my K1ii. If i could get equivalent iso performance, have a quick shooting rate with a decent buffer, something like the k3 or a bit better without the slowdown in afc mode, an articulated back screen, a usable stabilized movie mode with pdaf and live viewfinder, i would buy.

More than what i have in other words.
09-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #567
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't you want to hear my thoughts on L-plate fit?

Steve
Steve, I want to hear your thoughts on anything that interests you.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-21-2019 at 02:36 PM.
09-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #568

That is a surprise to me. I am not a user there, but all too common here are broken image links here that are actually page URLs. I just assumed they didn't allow such. I guess one learns something new every day.

Steve
Ah, linking from an album not your own. I've not tried that. It could be direct linking is not allowed.
09-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #569
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
One of the more interesting details we will see when this camera is finally released is whether Ricoh have "learned their lesson" from the backlash that followed the noise reduction applied to raw files in the K1ii. Will they go the same way, or make it optional?
I wonder how much modification would they have to do to it to make it optional.
09-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #570
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Ah, linking from an album not your own. I've not tried that. It could be direct linking is not allowed.
I quoted another post and provided the page link as a courtesy since the original image link was broken (had page URL).

Steve
Closed Thread