Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2019, 03:46 AM   #631
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
and speculate
I speculate that asahi man has seen one in the flesh (so to speak).

09-22-2019, 03:54 AM   #632

100+ AF points.
09-22-2019, 03:57 AM   #633
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
What I just noticed by enlarging the view on this computer as far as possible, at the lower right corner of the screen, near the "INFO" button, the body has a very small cutout that is probably for a fingernail to lift the screen or break the fingernail.
Nope, just the curve of the body. Have a look for the corresponding curve at the top right of the LCD.
09-22-2019, 03:58 AM   #634
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
I speculate that asahi man has seen one in the flesh (so to speak)
I'm glad you put in the parenthetical rider - that really would have been something revolutionary!

09-22-2019, 04:02 AM   #635
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
Thanks. We were also able to recreate it at will with the AF button hold. Maybe it hit the same CPU code... I'll look into the fix... thx
We did the fix in 16. firmware fixed it, none seen since.
09-22-2019, 04:08 AM   #636
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah but the K-3 also has that curve yet a screen with smaller bezels and not a wide left bezel. It must be a touch screen that was developed with moveability in mind. Otherwise why not just use the old screen?
09-22-2019, 04:31 AM - 2 Likes   #637
Veteran Member

I will buy another DSLR only if it has a hybrid viewfinder. The articulated screen is mandatory. Otherwise, I will spend the money on a ML camera and lenses for it. I will use KP also, it is still very good.

09-22-2019, 04:38 AM   #638

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The screen doesn't really matter under certain circumstances.

If it really is a Sports camera the configuration would be substantially different than if it isn't. A fixed monitor might be preferable on an Action camera. Consider the possibility the K-1 line is optimized to be the flagship field camera and the APSc flagship is optimized to be a Sports/Action/Birding camera, while KP and K-70 lines are more enthusiast and generalist cameras. FWIW, I really like my second hand K-5lls and KP and just might decide not to buy an Action camera.

IDK whether or where Video fits in there but I never use it so I don't care. Lens release priorities would then follow their line philosophy.
Yeah the problem is if they boost the video specs on the new camera but then don't have some kind of flip out screen. No flip out screen makes video very difficult without using an additional monitor.
09-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #639
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
There's something interesting going on inside that mirror box....
As I said a couple of days ago....
09-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #640
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
The camera will likely be released as displayed. It's an extremely far gone prototype. Just look at it, it has probably come off a production line (not in full swing). I wouldn't expect anything but minute changes to what's visible.
My thoughts too! The body looks to be essentially complete. Kudos to Ricoh/Pentax for being tight lipped about this project!
09-22-2019, 05:14 AM   #641
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Begs the question, why wasn't it displayed with a lens or at least body cap?
Maybe Ricoh/Pentax wanted to tease the exact thing that @Asahi man alluded to!
09-22-2019, 05:38 AM   #642

If you look back at the photos of the K-1 prototypes shown under glass they were displayed without lens or body cap.
09-22-2019, 05:45 AM   #643
Pentaxian

Even if it would not have hybrid thingy. It really seem like going through of quite a bit of changes. AF might not be only..
09-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #644
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Improved autofocus would be welcome by many. In all likelihood Ricoh would build on existing technology I could imagine something like a 15x5 array with some additional side sensors, 75 plus points would be plenty. In addition I would expect a new rgb sensor for improved scene analysis, perhaps even designed to work as part of the autofocus module.
The lack of an articulation on the rear screen would support this as a sports/wildlife camera.
09-22-2019, 06:00 AM - 1 Like   #645
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
a sports/wildlife camera
Pentax don't really have the lenses for that at the moment, and there's nothing on the roadmap either (not that that stopped Sony when they released the A9, but they are throwing rather more moeny at it than Ricoh)
Closed Thread