Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #946
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Why would they unlabel such a button when every other button is labeled? It must be that the function of the button is something Pentax isn't willing to tell us about at this stage.
Or they haven't decided yet.

09-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #947
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
The macro lens, which is the main use for this, is still screw drive, isn't it? I'm guessing it might require an SDM or similar lens to get the fine control needed - something for the future perhaps?
I don't think so. Yes, the 100mm Macro WR is screwdrive but imho it's not a dealbreaker. Using the K-1 and IT2 on my Mac, I can control focus by software very precisely forward and backwards in tiny little steps. Usually I tap " focus forward" X times and take the next frame. That repetition can easily done by an app. For example make 5 frames and move focus 15 steps forward in between these frames.

I can imagine that an SDM or ring type motor could be better in the sense that you set the front focus and the back focus and let the camera do the rest. But Idk if that is possible with that hardware.

Maybe that S button on top stands for "Stack"? /jk
09-24-2019, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #948
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
I Haven't seen anyone comment on the locking lever on the left side of the camera, under the mode dial. What could that be for? Could it be that it locks the rear screen in place, an the screen pops out when the lever is engaged?
It enables/disables the mode dial lock (that you have to press the button on top of the dial in order to change its position) - first introduced with the K-3 IIRC.
No, there is no incredibly silly Rube Goldberg contraption for that LCD screen. Give it a rest, folks.
09-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #949
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
yeah. But you are familiar with the patent? Or maybe do you remember the discussion?
Yes I am and I do.

09-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #950
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
To quote (with a few liberties) a statement from a famous U.S. bureaucrat...
One of my favorite quotes.
09-24-2019, 10:11 AM - 3 Likes   #951
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Remember asahiman comment about keen eyes. i.e eye tracking.
I'm with Mistral75 and am very confident that asahi man just meant to say something along the lines of "If you look closely...".

His subsequent comments unequivocally imply that the camera will cover an unusually large area of the APS-C frame with AF areas.
09-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #952
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And why in the top left hand corner? So you can use it without looking?
Anything meant to be used "without looking" would be on the rear right hand side or at the front left hand side because that's where one's hands are when holding the camera properly.

Pentax cameras traditionally use the top left hand side for controls that are not critical during shooting.

09-24-2019, 10:19 AM - 2 Likes   #953
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
And this post by Asahiman:
QuoteQuote:
It's a classic dslr!!

With classical mirror box and a classical finder and an overlay display.

The K-1 was the first Pentax with an overlay display.

Used to show the af points.

The chance that we will see a new type, with optical and digital mix finder is realistic.

But I don't believe it in this model.

Maybe next month more about this.

Maybe Pentax will also show the couple of different bodies of the development.
Suggests there's nothing *that* special with the VF.
09-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #954
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Maybe Pentax will also show the couple of different bodies of the development.
possibly intriguing? possibly just Asahiman crypticness for something fairly mundane??
09-24-2019, 10:36 AM - 2 Likes   #955
Pentaxian

I'd say asahi man is making a reference to the two 24x36 cameras currently in development, a mock-up of which Ricoh Imaging could showcase in the near future, he thinks.
09-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #956
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Well, I'll have you know that I consider any camera without shutter to be a bad idea.
Announcing the 100 anniversary Pentax Pinhole camera. Complete with monogramed lens cap, but no pop-up flash, no articulated screen
and no video features. Oh, and no shutter.
09-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #957
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I'd say asahi man is making a reference to the two 24x36 cameras currently in development, a mock-up of which Ricoh Imaging could showcase in the near future, he thinks.
Hmmmm. interesting!
09-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #958
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Since it seems that there is always a toss-up between having flash and having GPS (not only for Pentax, I haven't found a single DSLR/MILC with both*)
Pentax KP? Edit: My mistake...not included.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.
09-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #959
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
I Haven't seen anyone comment on the locking lever on the left side of the camera, under the mode dial. What could that be for? Could it be that it locks the rear screen in place, an the screen pops out when the lever is engaged?
Good Grief.......that's the AF/MF (auto focus/manual focus) switch. Or if you are referring to the switch immediately below the made dial its the mode dial lock.
09-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Why would they unlabel such a button when every other button is labeled? It must be that the function of the button is something Pentax isn't willing to tell us about at this stage.
Good point!
Closed Thread