Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2019, 08:13 AM   #1261
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I thought about that. I’m trying to think of a situation in common use that requires a battery grip and a flipped out screen. I thought the primary use of a grip was for portrait orientation. If the camera has a D-Li90 what do we need a second batter for?
Do you attach and remove battery grip every time you change orientation of the camera?

There are many reasons for using battery grip. I usually have battery grip attached as the standard grip on the camera is too small for my hands.
With battery grip the camera is more comfortable to handle, especially with lenses larger than DA limiteds.

09-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #1262
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Do you attach and remove battery grip every time you change orientation of the camera?

There are many reasons for using battery grip. I usually have battery grip attached as the standard grip on the camera is too small for my hands.
With battery grip the camera is more comfortable to handle, especially with lenses larger than DA limiteds.
I don't use a grip - camera is the right size as it is.

When I rotate camera, I rotate clock-wise, which keeps the shutter button on the right side of the camera and my elbows next to my body.

09-28-2019, 08:28 AM - 3 Likes   #1263

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There isn't any. Give up.
The camera was on display today in the Netherlands. Fixed screen as I saw it.
09-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #1264
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It was a ridiculous idea anyway.

AFA using a grip, one of the reasons I’ve mostly converted to K-1 is I don’t need to use a grip to compensate for the small size of the main body. Too small is my main objection to the entire K7/5/3 platform. APSc Flagship + Battery Grip costs nearly as much and weighs nearly as much as a K-1ll.

Most likely I won’t buy this camera.

09-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #1265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There isn't any. Give up.
Butt it is so much fun!
09-28-2019, 09:41 AM - 3 Likes   #1266
Pentaxian

Original Poster
What if there is a button on the bottom to flip the flush screen out?
Then there wouldn't be any space for the "Fly me to the moon" button that's actually there.
It takes astrophotography to another level!

Last edited by Class A; 09-28-2019 at 09:48 AM.
09-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #1267

You mean a design made so you have to remove the battery grip to flip out the screen?
You can have a "pass through" button or lever on the grip - same as the film rewind button on the motor drives for my MF film cameras. No need to remove the drive.

Probably hiding the model name and communications/RFI/EMI certification logos.

09-28-2019, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #1268
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Then there wouldn't be any space for the "Fly me to the moon" button that's actually there.
It takes astrophotography to another level!
I replied a few posts earlier it is a ridiculous idea. There’s a reason they pixelated the entire base and not just the identifying marks though. There’s something they don’t want us to see yet.
09-28-2019, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #1269
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You can have a "pass through" button or lever on the grip - same as the film rewind button on the motor drives for my MF film cameras. No need to remove the drive.
But what would the purpose be of over engineering a feature like this?
By putting a button on the bottom of the camera and a release mechanism in the battery grip for release of the screen.

Would there be any other purpose of this design than to fool some people into believing the camera has a fixed screen?
Maybe they have hidden other features, like the joystick is for motorised control of the articulated screen, and not for AF-point selection?

---------- Post added 28-09-19 at 19:36 ----------

I replied a few posts earlier it is a ridiculous idea. There’s a reason they pixelated the entire base and not just the identifying marks though. There’s something they don’t want us to see yet.
It is probably pixelated because it says Ricoh on the bottom. Many Pentax users do not like to see that name on a Pentax camera.

Last edited by Fogel70; 09-28-2019 at 10:39 AM.
09-28-2019, 10:37 AM - 3 Likes   #1270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There’s a reason they pixelated the entire base and not just the identifying marks though. There’s something they don’t want us to see yet.
Or it was taken from 400 ft away with a standard zoom and then cropped
09-28-2019, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #1271
Pentaxian

(...)

It is probably pixelated because it says Ricoh on the bottom. Many Pentax users do not like to see that name on a Pentax camera.
It's almost that.

The camera bottom would have revealed the name of the soon-to-be owner of the Pentax camera business. The transaction is to be announced on the day of the 100th anniversary.
09-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #1272
Pentaxian

Would there be any other purpose of this design than to fool some people into believing the camera has a fixed screen?
Well, IF it is an articulating screen you must admit it is a much much slimmer design than we've seen up until now. I'd see that as a positive. (Given that it also is as durable as we'd expect on a Pentax)

QuoteQuote:
Maybe they have hidden other features, like the joystick is for motorised control of the articulated screen, and not for AF-point selection?
😄
09-28-2019, 10:57 AM - 3 Likes   #1273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Hmm ... wonder why they've pixelated the bottom plate ...
This is the proof this is a pre-production. Probably assemble on the production line to understand production cost and see production bugThey dont put plate on prototype.
09-28-2019, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #1274
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
In fact Pentax could probably use some of Moore's suggestions as-is: "Intelligent Whale" for the 645Z, "The Impeccable" for the new camera (just to annoy all the whingers in this thread), "Thunderblender" for something in the range just because it's such an epic name.
Pretty much anything that might work for a rock group, right?

Steve
09-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #1275
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
You mean the obfuscated base view? I take that to mean the name is on the baseplate.

Steve
Closed Thread