Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2019, 12:29 AM - 4 Likes   #1411
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
But it is also surprisingly leak proof!
The new camera is leak proof or Ricoh/Pentax is leak proof? Couldn't help it. :-)

---------- Post added 10-01-2019 at 09:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
It takes a special type of person to buy Pentax these days - well, one of several types: you either have to be heavily invested in the system and of limited funds or be somebody who just loves the way Pentax do things or just plain individualistic and perverse but also you have to be someone who is willing to take the sneers and explain your reasons, ignore the fact that fewer and fewer 'influencers' even mention the existence of Pentax and many of those who do only do so in a derogatory way ignore the fact that they all say that MILCs are the future and DSLRs are dinosaurs and a hundred and one little disparagements. Personally, I'm proud to be part of a community with many such people here, but I also fear that they are going to have to pull something special out of the hat to bring new buyers on board -there are just too many reasons to buy other brands and too much pressure not to buy Pentax.
This describes me very well:
  • heavily invested in the system
  • loves the way Pentax do things
  • just plain individualistic
  • etc.

I had the opportunity to visit Iceland recently. One of the places I visited was Diamond Beach and it was raining quite bad. Other photographers were walking around with plastic bags or rugs wrapped around their equipment. They looked at me strangely as I was walking around with a soaking wet camera taking pictures. I used the K1 and DFA 28-105mm. Absolutely no problem. What not to love about Pentax?

10-01-2019, 12:44 AM   #1412
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wonder how many camera bodies (all formats) Ricoh would need to sell to amortize the cost of whatever AF sensor is supposedly hiding under that mirror?
I dont' know either but I guess this new AF will in some way be added in K1 iii, and K70 II + KP II
10-01-2019, 12:49 AM   #1413
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
I dont' know either but I guess this new AF will in some way be added in K1 iii, and K70 II + KP II
Don't forget the 645 system...
10-01-2019, 01:02 AM   #1414
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
May be not yet in the successor to K-70 (should there be one). Remember that K-70 has the older 11 AF point module despite being launched three years after the K-3 and its 27 AF point module.

10-01-2019, 01:31 AM   #1415
Veteran Member

This. I really dont care about flagship cameras but im looking toward to pentax entry level with K3II AF module.
(And revisited DA lenses )
10-01-2019, 01:36 AM   #1416
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Ricoh truly needs to put the bottle opener under the K-2020. I am betting that's the reason they pixelated the bottom.
I bet there's a swiss army knife under there!
10-01-2019, 01:41 AM   #1417
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
The new camera is leak proof or Ricoh/Pentax is leak proof?
That was the inference

10-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #1418
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It looks insanely nice! My next new Pentax equipment will be deifnitely one of the lenses, but it is good that Ricoh keeps things going.
10-01-2019, 01:56 AM   #1419
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
it is good that Ricoh keeps things going.
I agree. But even if they didn't, I would be sticking to Pentax for the next 15 years or longer. Since I'm already past 60, that is my goal.
10-01-2019, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #1420
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
I agree. But even if they didn't, I would be sticking to Pentax for the next 15 years or longer. Since I'm already past 60, that is my goal.
Well I wasn't able to destroy any of my Pentax cameras. My K110D is still in great working order.
10-01-2019, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #1421
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
May be not yet in the successor to K-70 (should there be one). Remember that K-70 has the older 11 AF point module despite being launched three years after the K-3 and its 27 AF point module.
Canon is still using its 9-points AF system on the entry level DSLRs, and Nikon, their 11 points one.
Maybe Pentax will upgrade the "next K-70" to the KP's AF, but I don't expect the "flagship" one.
10-01-2019, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #1422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
It just occurred to me to wonder how long it takes to produce menus and more importantly manuals in 20 languages?
My guess is the majority of that stuff is cut and paste from previous ones with changes being made only where necessary.
10-01-2019, 02:26 AM   #1423
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Canon is still using its 9-points AF system on the entry level DSLRs, and Nikon, their 11 points one.
Maybe Pentax will upgrade the "next K-70" to the KP's AF, but I don't expect the "flagship" one.
Assuming that we are seeing a completely new Af module with more AF points (more than the 33 of the most advanced one as we speak) I would expect a downgraded/simpler module of this latest Af technology on an future entry level Pentax camera with less Af points. That way it would be both cheaper and more advanced and would offer a significantly upgraded camera (that would attract more sales).
10-01-2019, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #1424
Pentaxian

From the 100 meetup in Japan:

Mr. Shigeru Wakashiro (Camera Division, Ricoh Smart Vision Business Headquarters, Product Planning Department), who took the stage to introduce the new models that were exhibited at the venue, said, “The top-class performance inherited from the K-7 has been made into a compact body. `` While following the idea of ​​making the body design excellent in robustness and operability while condensing, we are developing with the aim of being the top of the APS-C class digital single lens reflex camera beyond the PENTAX frame. '' He talked about enthusiasm.
10-01-2019, 02:53 AM   #1425
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So we can probably expect top-level IQ (as usual) , great useful features (I'm guessing astrotracer, hand-held pixel shift, improved "night view" mode for the screen and the K-1's LED array for night photography), the ruggedness and weather sealing we know and love, and hopefully vastly improved AF and action performance for those who need it.
Closed Thread