10-02-2019, 04:35 AM   #1606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hehe, posting for the sake of it!

Like this.

10-02-2019, 04:46 AM   #1607
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The person in the Netherlands telling the audience about the camera, Mike Muizebelt, is a wildlife photographer
So the new pentax a sports action camera?
10-02-2019, 04:49 AM - 6 Likes   #1608
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
There’s a new competition based on post numbers 😂
That's bad for the SNR...
10-02-2019, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #1609
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Everything else being the same, you get better dynamic range (bit more than a stop), better sharpness (less enlargement required), for the same DOF you work with lenses nearer their optimal performance (fast lenses for small formats are hard to do and expensive as a result). You have more enlargement potential, the AF system does not need to be as precise for the same sharpness. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things as this is just off the top of my head.

One more advantages, of course, is the availability of certain lenses. You rarely find APS-C zooms that are as fast as f/2.8 zooms on FF. The Sigma 18-35/1.8 is a notable exception.

You can argue that none of the above is "significant", at the end of the day, there is just a 1.17 stop equivalent difference between the formats. For some, it is worth it, though.

EDIT: Typed and posted this before I saw the hint about sticking to the topic. I hope I don't have to delete this one, now that I typed it up.
@Trickortreat You can always post a link to a different (new) thread where such things could be discussed without annoying others.
Oh, despite sticking to the topic, one word here:
looking at a picture you have taken with the APS-C and a comparable one with FF you might not see much difference in 90% of cases. But with the larger formfactor for the sensor you can expand your possibilities, and circumstances that are at the edge for APS-C might give you still a solid result. I would sum it up like this: FF is for those occasions where you reach the limits with APS-C earlier. This might never be the case for some, or significant for others (documentation of Art, dimly lighted interieurs of churches etc...). But naturally here 645 would be even better.
This reflects also my personal choice, KP for my everyday photography, in my job D810 and sometimes Hasselblad digital MF.

Last edited by MMVIII; 10-02-2019 at 06:33 AM.
10-02-2019, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #1610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I document my wife’s paintings using pixel shift on the K-3II, which gives a really good result. So hopefully it’s included in the new body (can’t see why not).
10-02-2019, 05:05 AM   #1611
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Oh, despite sticking to the topic, one word here:
looking at a picture you have taken with the APS-C and a comparable one with FF you might not see much difference in 90% of cases. But with the larger formfactor for the sensor you can expand your possibilities and circumstances that are at the edge for APS-C might give you still a solid result. I would sum it up like this: FF is for those occasions where you reach the limits with APS-C earlier. This might never be the case for some, or significant for others (documentation of Art, dimly lighted interieurs of churches etc...). But naturally here 645 would be even better.
This reflects also my personal choice, KP for my everyday photography, in my job D810 and sometimes Hasselblad digital MF.
I use the KP for everything - and it doesn't let me down.
10-02-2019, 05:20 AM   #1612
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Detachable pop out remote control wifi touch screen... no need for a mobile phone, release button top left.

10-02-2019, 05:29 AM - 4 Likes   #1613
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
There’s a new competition based on post numbers 😂
but you don't have to talk one extraneous subject to death in order to have a large post count.
10-02-2019, 05:50 AM - 1 Like   #1614
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I still read the same old thing but it mostly gets ignored now, I really do just believe that anyone who would sit on a forum all day and run down something they haven't even tried before must have a very sad and lonely life.
My sentiments exactly!!
10-02-2019, 05:58 AM - 2 Likes   #1615
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
Detachable pop out remote control wifi touch screen... no need for a mobile phone, release button top left.
That would solve the problem of people not having mobile phones, or clunky apps, but it wouldn't solve the bigger (to my mind) problem of insufficiency of hands posessed by the average Pentaxian - i's all very well hen the camera is on a tripod, but holding it above your head with one hand while fiddling with the screen in the other? - I don't think so - it's situatuons like that where you acually need a flippy screen

Last edited by ffking; 10-02-2019 at 06:25 AM.
10-02-2019, 05:58 AM   #1616
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Can we go back to discussing the new camera? My patience is wearing thin.
Well it has at least gotten the post count up for the raffles for @Trickortreat and many others.
10-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #1617
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It would be nice if we get some leaks about what's under the hood of this camera. But then again, it won't be a surprise anymore.
10-02-2019, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #1618
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
It would be nice if we get some leaks about what's under the hood of this camera. But then again, it won't be a surprise anymore.
A leak or two will probably come between now and the full reveal. Just enough though to create more postings
10-02-2019, 06:34 AM   #1619
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
At least, from the design of the upcoming Pentax camera you can speculate about a few things. Nikon announced the D6 without showing or telling anything.
10-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #1620
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was wondering why it has a curved side. Maybe it will be explained later. I'd like a straight sided camera.
Closed Thread