Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #2161

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Unfortunately, there are an awful lot of folks who want D500 level features for K70 price and that ain't happenin' folks...
Not me!

I'm prepared to pay more for a camera upgrade that has all the features I want. But I won't buy a flagship camera without a K70 type screen however good it is.

I might though be tempted to spend the same amount of money it would cost to upgrade my K70 to a flagship model on a second body. However it would have to have a new unique feature that would be of use to me.

10-06-2019, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #2162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Even thought I don’t plan to buy this camera* I’d be pleased with D500 features for the usual Pentax price.

* I’ll buy the FF that has these attributes whenever it should be released.
Sure. I'm probably more interested in a K-1 II sequel, but I still shoot APS-C some and my K3 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Probably with as much as I shoot it, a KP would make more sense though.

Either way I'll wait and see.
10-06-2019, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #2163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Spoiler: It's not rockets, the screen becomes a drone. It doubles as an airborne camera as well. Wedding photographers will love it.

They also use it to determine focus distance to help with AF. I've seen secret footage of a replicated DPReview AF test where the detached screen kept hovering over the biker's head (just out of frame) and kept signalling the correct distance to the camera. Every shot in focus. Every single one.

EDIT: Yes, gatorguy and MikeyBug95, all those boxes are ticked.

That's why the camera will be called "K-9".
I think Ricoh should better come out with the specs. Forum members' imagination are going wild. The next thing I'll hear is this camera can go on its own to outer space do photography and back. Controls will be on the pop out screen left in the hands of the photographer.
10-06-2019, 04:33 PM - 3 Likes   #2164
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I think Ricoh should better come out with the specs. Forum members' imagination are going wild.
Ricoh will tell more, but only at their time; they will not be rushed.
At least they have confirmed their information of nine months ago that the K-3ii will be replaced.

10-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #2165
Veteran Member

Pentax already has three cameras in the catalog that will meet that need.
Aside from a potentially higher price, is there any other reason to not meet this need in future cameras?

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
No, I am saying that sometimes the user will need the ability to track fast moving subjects, and at other times the same user will have need of holding the camera at an awkward angle, and seldom will the user want two separate cameras. For me, the KP meets both needs, but potential users for the new camera may also need/want some k3-ii characteristics.
Thank you - you said it better than me.
10-06-2019, 04:55 PM - 3 Likes   #2166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
This one may set a new record.
Nah, it can't touch the "Why I won't buy a K-3" thread 4,721 and rolling on along.
10-06-2019, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #2167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
Aside from a potentially higher price, is there any other reason to not meet this need in future cameras?
Maybe they think touch screen and moveable screen don’t go together. I didn’t write the use case for the camera and I didn’t make the design decisions that would meet the use case, but I imagine Pentax has a strong reason for making the screen whatever the screen is.

My point isn’t to take a position on whether Pentax is right or wrong. My point is they make three other cameras that have moveable screens - three different kinds of moveable screens. If a moveable screen is the highest {USER} priority and one of those is more suited to [USER} needs {USER} should buy one of the other cameras.

10-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #2168
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Nah, it can't touch the "Why I won't buy a K-3" thread 4,721 and rolling on along.
Now you’ve done it — verified the goal with almost 2 months to go until the anniversary date
10-06-2019, 06:00 PM - 6 Likes   #2169
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I've been struggling to see why people want tilt screen on a fast camera. To me they seem to be primarily for the tripod/macro/convenience use case which doesn't need high performance buffer or AF.
Seriously?

How about because a fast camera can still be a slow camera?
or because some people don't buy different cameras, one for each use case?
10-06-2019, 06:04 PM - 5 Likes   #2170
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here we go.The camera isn’t even announced yet and the sniping has started. I guess the screen will be the focus of the PentaxIsWrong crowd here - and no doubt at DPR.
10-06-2019, 06:24 PM - 4 Likes   #2171
Pentaxian

Here we go.The camera isn’t even announced yet and the sniping has started. I guess the screen will be the focus of the PentaxIsWrong crowd here - and no doubt at DPR.
If this is in any way aimed at me I'd like to clarify. I'm not too fussed either way, although I'd probably lean slightly more in the wanting it moveable camp.
My take is these are all features and you just use the bits you need. I'm not too worried if it doesn't have a moveable screen, but if it did and you didn't like it then hey you don't have to use it.

I'd personally really like a touch screen, but I'd also like to see the physical buttons stay, again so users can have a choice.
10-06-2019, 06:32 PM - 6 Likes   #2172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I understand wanting a high spec generalist camera but I can't quite see how many real humans make use of all the features to the extent it's worth the compromise in price and handling.
It's not "real humans" making use of all these features; it's some humans make use of some features and some humans make use of other features.
10-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #2173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
If this is in any way aimed at me I'd like to clarify. I'm not too fussed either way, although I'd probably lean slightly more in the wanting it moveable camp.
My take is these are all features and you just use the bits you need. I'm not too worried if it doesn't have a moveable screen, but if it did and you didn't like it then hey you don't have to use it.

I'd personally really like a touch screen, but I'd also like to see the physical buttons stay, again so users can have a choice.
Nah -that isn’t my style - especially to people with reasonable but different opinions. It was a general comment. If I make a response to a post I quote the post, highlight the points I disagree with and make my points. I don’t think I’ve ever cold-posted a member.

I do intend to stop reading and posting to this thread though. There really isn’t more to discuss until the actual configuration is known.
10-06-2019, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #2174
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
it's some humans make use of some features and some humans make use of other features.
Bingo!

There really isn’t more to discuss until the actual configuration is known.
Yep, unless somebody comes up with a reasonable explanation for the unknown button and the extra positions on the knob.
10-06-2019, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #2175
Pentaxian

Nah -that isn’t my style - especially to people with reasonable but different opinions. It was a general comment.
All good, just checking

I do intend to stop reading and posting to this thread though. There really isn’t more to discuss until the actual configuration is known.
Agree, it's now going in circles and I'm going to step out also.

Keen to see what's officially announced re capabilities now, and that hasn't been released yet.
Body wise it all looks fine. It's what's inside that will seal the deal for me now.
Closed Thread