Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2019, 07:32 AM - 2 Likes   #2431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If it has a name, the it should be BOB.
Also acronym for Best Of the Best.

But not K-BOB. That sounds like it should be on a skewer with meat and veggies.

10-09-2019, 07:43 AM   #2432

I get the impression that it will be just plain "K-4". K-2 will probably be delegated to the next gen full frame after the K-1 mark 2. I doubt that there will be a K-1 IIs. Pentax tends to re-hash old designations and perhaps it's a patent thing. Simpler and cost effective to use something you already own.

I certainly wouldn't use K-9.

Last edited by solitudebound; 10-09-2019 at 07:53 AM.
10-09-2019, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #2433

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
That's a pretty bold call as we know three fifths of five eighths of b.... all (as they say).

When the K-*isn't is finally released, this thread should be compiled into a book.
Well, despite the fact I do like {Fred} for some reason, I think K*3 is the APS-C name (Key Star Three). This leaves K*1 for the Full Frame and everybody happy... :-) And it is consistent with other current Pentax naming convention on lenses... But K-3* (Key Three Star) would also work.

On the other hand, We can jump to the M and start all over again: M1, M2, and so on. Or DM, or anything... We have had the *-ist, why not Pentax Hashtag? Pentax #NotDeadBaby, Pentax #3, Pentax #AnniversaryEdition aka #AE, and so on... It's modern and makes its own Social Media publicity... And I only ask for a unit in return... :-)

Last edited by Excalibor; 10-09-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Clarification on naming and typos
10-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #2434
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although ‘fred’ is probably safe from competitors naming issues, a certain German company would probably take issue with just the letter M followed by a number.

10-09-2019, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #2435
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I still vote for "Fred". K-Fred if you like, but I think "Fred" is more elegant. Perhaps I should write that as {Fred}, thus indicating
all possible variations of "Fred", (Sally, Tom, Alex, Kym, etc). Come to think of it, "Kym" isn't bad. Maintains the "K" theme while
setting precedent for moving forward.
Well, the famous Pentax NEd (P3n) camera wasn’t a flagship model, so maybe Fred is OK instead...

-Eric
10-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #2436
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Honestly, the position on the K-1 >looks< like a worse place, as it would require the camera to be held with the left hand while the thumb of the right hand is
lifted to press the button. Mind you, that's simply based on visual observation because I don't have a K-1.
It is possible single handed - left hand not required. With the 150-450, that is quite useful as my left is busy supporting the lens...

Others may use it differently....

10-09-2019, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #2437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SoonerCaniac Quote
I am sorry; you are right, apparently basic math escaped me this morning. As you'll note by my signature I remain a proud K-3 user. It IS a wonderful camera, regardless of its age.
No problem! In my opinion this K-New camera will be spades better than the K-3 and I can't wait for it to get here.

10-09-2019, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #2438
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote

Or is that Kate?

(Knowledge of Black Adder II required...)
10-09-2019, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #2439
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well you can bet your last dollar that in some circles (DPR) that it will be skewered without being on a skewer with meat and veggies!
10-09-2019, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #2440
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

It's over 20 years and 'm still smarting from the disappointment of Canada refusing to name the Northwest Territories "Bob". Pentax could help soothe the pain.
10-09-2019, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #2441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
But who drinks beer and does photography at the same time?
I belong to a local club for which this is the entire premise.
10-09-2019, 08:48 AM - 3 Likes   #2442
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
It's over 20 years and 'm still smarting from the disappointment of Canada refusing to name the Northwest Territories "Bob". Pentax could help soothe the pain.
LOL! I'm reminded of Boaty McBoatface. When the internet natives get to do the naming...
10-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #2443

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Although ‘fred’ is probably safe from competitors naming issues, a certain German company would probably take issue with just the letter M followed by a number.
Ae you implying that Leica has the trademark on the letter M followed by a number??? Stupid laws... Pentax has previous art of Mz and Mx and M many things... And then we stll have most of the alphabet, I hope... :-D

Last edited by Excalibor; 10-09-2019 at 08:50 AM. Reason: typos, typos...
10-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #2444
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Excalibor Quote
Do you imply that Leica has the tradeark of the letter M followed by a number??? Stupid laws... Pentax has previous art of Mz and Mx and M many things... And then we stll have most of the alphabet, I hope... :-D
I doubt they will abandon the K branding though. I'm truly curious to see how they proceed!
10-09-2019, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #2445

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
I doubt they will abandon the K branding though. I'm truly curious to see how they proceed!
Argh, you quoted me before my corrections went online: now my mistakes are there for eternity to mock my typing skillz! LOL ;-)
Closed Thread