Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #2446
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Excalibor Quote
Argh, you quoted me before my corrections went online: now my mistakes are there for eternity to mock my typing skillz! LOL ;-)
I actually almost fixed it, lol.

10-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #2447

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
I actually almost fixed it, lol.
That's nice, thanks a bunch!

And, yes, I'm also curious for the name. Not that it0s important, but I would love a name that stuck in readers' minds and buyers' eyes, so they gave it an opportunity: Pentax deserves more credit that they get or their Marketing Dept. invests.
10-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #2448
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Am I not?
You think, therefore you are, as your historical compatriot once established.

As to whether you really meant to suggest that this prominently placed button has such a relatively mundane function, I'm not sure. Perhaps if it could change more than just the bit-depth to toggle between a "standard" and a "performance" mode then I could be baited into the idea, but then again, no.
10-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #2449
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
It is possible single handed - left hand not required. With the 150-450, that is quite useful as my left is busy supporting the lens...
Ummmmm, if your left hand is supporting the lens, (which is attached to the camera), then you are holding the camera (+lens), with both hands.......

10-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #2450
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You think, therefore you are, as your historical compatriot once established.

As to whether you really meant to suggest that this prominently placed button has such a relatively mundane function, I'm not sure. Perhaps if it could change more than just the bit-depth to toggle between a "standard" and a "performance" mode then I could be baited into the idea, but then again, no.
Too bad, I liked my idea. And no, I'm not taking myself for Descartes.
10-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #2451
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
If it has a name, the it should be BOB.
Also acronym for Best Of the Best.
{Fred} doesn't have to imply a commonly known proper noun. It could be a made up name, like Qwirl or Eppl or Fynd (*).

* - Admittedly those examples are all a bit awkward but you get the point.
10-09-2019, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #2452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
LOL! I'm reminded of Boaty McBoatface. When the internet natives get to do the naming...
In the '90s when DC was the murder capital of America, owner Abe Pollin decided to rename the Washington Bullets basketball team. They had a poll for the name on the then relatively new intertubes. One of the options was Sea Dogs, because you know, all the piracy and sailing heritage of Washington DC, 150 miles from the ocean. Another was Wizards.

When last publicly seen the poll results had Sea Dogs at #1 because of a local radio shock jock campaign. Wizards was languishing somewhere down the list. When they announced the results months later, to the surprise of everyone, Wizards came out on top. To this day I'm sure that Sea Dogs won, but nobody could bring themselves to admit it and implement it.

10-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #2453
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Ummmmm, if your left hand is supporting the lens, (which is attached to the camera), then you are holding the camera (+lens), with both hands.......
Left hand on lens, right hand on camera grip... ...no change of grip.

If it was K-5, change right hand to support heavy lens to allow left hand to get to PlayBack button, or continue support lens and camera with left hand, while right hand moves across to left top corner of camera...

Just my personal preference - K-1 has better ergonomics!

10-09-2019, 10:01 AM - 8 Likes   #2454
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
In the '90s when DC was the murder capital of America, owner Abe Pollin decided to rename the Washington Bullets basketball team. They had a poll for the name on the then relatively new intertubes. One of the options was Sea Dogs, because you know, all the piracy and sailing heritage of Washington DC, 150 miles from the ocean. Another was Wizards.

When last publicly seen the poll results had Sea Dogs at #1 because of a local radio shock jock campaign. Wizards was languishing somewhere down the list. When they announced the results months later, to the surprise of everyone, Wizards came out on top. To this day I'm sure that Sea Dogs won, but nobody could bring themselves to admit it and implement it.
In this day and age, an internet naming contest would inevitably force the use of:

Camera McCameraface
10-09-2019, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #2455
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-Fred as in Fred Flintstone. Good choice. Brings to mind modern technology! ��
10-09-2019, 10:20 AM - 4 Likes   #2456

If it has a knockout new feature it could be called the KO.
10-09-2019, 10:24 AM   #2457
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Excalibor Quote
Ae you implying that Leica has the trademark on the letter M followed by a number??? Stupid laws... Pentax has previous art of Mz and Mx and M many things... And then we stll have most of the alphabet, I hope... :-D
They've been protective of it in the past. The Olympus OM-1 was originally showing as the Olympus M-1 till the folks in Wetzlar got involved
10-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #2458

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
They've been protective of it in the past. The Olympus OM-1 was originally showing as the Olympus M-1 till the folks in Wetzlar got involved
Oh,yes! Now that you mention it, I seem to recall that sad episode... Oh, well, I'll put my bets on K*3 then... :-)
10-09-2019, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #2459
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
K-Fred as in Fred Flintstone. Good choice. Brings to mind modern technology! ��
Yeah, maybe let's yabba dabba don't on that one.
10-09-2019, 11:56 AM - 5 Likes   #2460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
K-2 makes sense, but when were camera names ever sensible?
"Canon Rebel" is pretty much an oxymoron. Shoulda been called "Canon Conformist"
Closed Thread