Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #2746
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I'm actually strongly considering making a copy post of his post in the Nikon forum about the Z50. How the Z50 is DOA and all...

Just need the time.
I approve.

10-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #2747
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The MZ-1 is a professional SLR which should have been released in the late 1990s.

The FA Limited lenses were designed for the MZ-1 as well as for the 24x36 DSLR, the internal codename of which was MR-52 and the unofficial trade name MZ-D.

Pentax spent a fortune in the development of the MR-52 / MZ-D, much more than expected. A rough prototype was presented at Photokina 2000 and a more advanced version at PMA 2001 but the camera was eventually cancelled in October 2001 because of its expensive, energy inefficient and poorly performing Philips CCD sensor (which made it into the poorly received Contax N Digital that Kyocera persisted in launching, which accelerated the demise of Contax).

Given the budget overruns of the MR-52 project, the MZ-1 project had been stopped. Later on, what could be reused from the development of the MZ-D made it into the quickly-designed MZ-S.
So... Mark II?
10-15-2019, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #2748
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hard to believe that Pentax is going anywhere anytime soon. This chitchat has been going on for ages now.
10-15-2019, 12:05 PM - 2 Likes   #2749
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Nikon has never really bothered to do any serious development of their APS-C digital line, *particularly* on the lens front. This Z50 is wholly unsurprising, coming from them:

"Here, a cheaper body because FF is very expensive. Also, here are the two kit zooms, the 18-250ish superzoom, maybe one UWA zoom and a 35/1.8 prime. Y'all don't need anything else or you would be shooting FF".

---------- Post added 10-15-19 at 11:00 AM ----------

I thought people couldn't get more boneheaded than in some of the MMO/online games I've been in. I was swiftly proven wrong by how... passionate* the photography community can be. This is the console wars of "Sega does what Nintendon't" all over again! [Grabs lotsa popcorn].

*Passionate is the least offensive and most moderator-friendly euphemism I could come up with.
Frankly, I'd just be doing it because I can't stand how people come into different forums to tell those people how their brand is dying and they should completely abandon ship. So more of a parody (and to just call him out not by name) than anything else.

10-15-2019, 12:34 PM - 2 Likes   #2750
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No sure, it's all in good fun. It's just that I really, really don't get why people get so defensive and mad about a tool. Cameras are nothing else. My Pentax does what I want it to do, my girlfriend's Canon does what she wants to do. Would we be happy with each other's cameras? Not necessarily. Do we wish for the cameras to be better? You bet, but money is money and we're not rich. She is with Canon because she had the opportunity to get very decent gear for very little money, I am with Pentax because I have always liked fiddling and tough builds so Pentax allowed me to try a dozen vintage lenses mounted on a tank of a camera like the K-7 while spending very little money at a time where I didn't know whether I would even like photography. And now we are mostly satisfied with what we have. Let's be honest, it's very difficult for most of us to be objectively let down by any given camera brand these days.

Not in my wildest dreams would I ever mock anyone for their brand choices... our photography Whatsapp group has 4 friends who shoot 4 different brands. One even has actual reasons to shoot Sony crop cameras! (He hikes a lot, like seriously a lot, and I can understand that having a NEX-6 plus 16-50 and 55-210 lenses for less than what my K-1 without battery weighs is a blessing there).
10-15-2019, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #2751
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You’d have no problem touting DuraMax on a Ford Forum then?
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
No sure, it's all in good fun. It's just that I really, really don't get why people get so defensive and mad about a tool. Cameras are nothing else. My Pentax does what I want it to do, my girlfriend's Canon does what she wants to do. Would we be happy with each other's cameras? Not necessarily. Do we wish for the cameras to be better? You bet, but money is money and we're not rich. She is with Canon because she had the opportunity to get very decent gear for very little money, I am with Pentax because I have always liked fiddling and tough builds so Pentax allowed me to try a dozen vintage lenses mounted on a tank of a camera like the K-7 while spending very little money at a time where I didn't know whether I would even like photography. And now we are mostly satisfied with what we have. Let's be honest, it's very difficult for most of us to be objectively let down by any given camera brand these days.

Not in my wildest dreams would I ever mock anyone for their brand choices... our photography Whatsapp group has 4 friends who shoot 4 different brands. One even has actual reasons to shoot Sony crop cameras! (He hikes a lot, like seriously a lot, and I can understand that having a NEX-6 plus 16-50 and 55-210 lenses for less than what my K-1 without battery weighs is a blessing there).
10-15-2019, 01:48 PM - 2 Likes   #2752
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Honestly, if they're saying "Hey, I like this and here's why, you go make your own choices," it's reasonable but to say "This new thing was just released! It's the utter end of your chosen brand! Drop it before it goes under!" is just not cool.

10-15-2019, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #2753
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But they’re the place to go for the snc-ites that are swayed by the ‘Ooh, a new shiny thing - must have, everything else is old and must be discarded’ philosophy.
10-15-2019, 02:30 PM   #2754
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What is a snc-ite?
10-15-2019, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #2755
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
So... Mark II?
You called?
10-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #2756
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wouldn't go to a Ford forum in the first place. I also wouldn't be mad if a Ford guy came to me and said "Cool VW! My car is this and that", then we could chat about it.
10-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #2757
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
What is a snc-ite?
I think Sony/Nikon/Canon
10-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #2758
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sony/Nikon/Canon user - will try not to abbreviate in future
10-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #2759
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
What is a snc-ite?
Someone who favours snc, I believe...

Oh, wait, the question was already answered
10-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #2760
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Nah, it can't touch the "Why I won't buy a K-3" thread 4,721 and rolling on along.
I totally forgot about that one.
Closed Thread