10-21-2019, 06:01 AM   #3001

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A yellow pentax? is that a real thing?

10-21-2019, 06:07 AM   #3002
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Of course! My Q7 is yellow and the classic K-01 was often in lovely, bumble bee yellow.
10-21-2019, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #3003
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's the solenoid problem that exists in the k-70 line and below (ks1, ks2, k30, k50). Someone posted an actual aperture block problem from a K-70 in one of the threads. It pushed me away from buying an old stock ks2 for my son. I would normally recommend a KP at the very least.
10-21-2019, 06:28 AM   #3004
Pentaxian

Since you didn't use "Quote", I don't know that you are responding to me, but mine is the post just before yours. I got the yellow Q-7 because it was an an inexpensive used-like-new purchase at Amazon; I had planned on getting a silver Q-7 at the time, but I was pressed for money and needed to purchase that which was inexpensive - namely the camera which my wife calls "the yellow jacket". BTW - I hate pure black cameras - they look so "professional".

10-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #3005
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I hate pure black cameras - they look so "professional".
I've owned 9 Pentaxes (I don't collect, I use them and replace them when they're no longer up to it, and seldom have more than two cameras at a time) and only the first (ME Super) wasn't pure black - I must be a professional!
10-21-2019, 08:14 AM - 2 Likes   #3006
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I've owned 9 Pentaxes (I don't collect, I use them and replace them when they're no longer up to it, and seldom have more than two cameras at a time) and only the first (ME Super) wasn't pure black - I must be a professional!
I said 'look professional' not 'is professional'. A few decades ago, that was true of silver-and-black cameras; when I was walking about around a 'village' with my "Super Program" the docent asked my wife "who is he with?", and a few years later a farmer chased me and my Canon Elan {by then things had changed, and T90-like all black cameras now 'looked professional'} off because he was afraid I was going to sell pictures of his barn and make money off it. I am now aware of the 'problem' and try to avoid it, because I want to be viewed as an ignorable amateur.
10-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #3007
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I said 'look professional' not 'is professional'.
Drat!

a farmer chased me and my Canon Elan {by then things had changed, and T90-like all black cameras now 'looked professional'} off because he was afraid I was going to sell pictures of his barn and make money off it.
I want to be viewed as an ignorable amateur
I always said they should make the K-1 in yellow - of course the worst irony is that if you really want to look professional you need white lenses!

10-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #3008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I agree with you. The new Pentax models will likely be a high performance all rounder apsc, like we like Pentax cameras. I guess it'll have a touch screen, the reason why the picture shows a fixed screen with a sensor under the optical view finder to automatically switch of the touch screen when looking through the optical viewfinder.
Im not an engineer but I wonder why this sensor has to be under the viwfinder instead of inside or behind it, so it was out of view. Do other companies do this, could there be anoher purpose for this sensor?
10-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #3009
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Q10, K-30, and K-50 actually look pretty good in yellow.
10-21-2019, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #3010
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
The Q10, K-30, and K-50 actually look pretty good in yellow.
For some reason, whenever I see ANY yellow piece of personal electronics, I will forever and always think of this:

I guess that was the genius of Sony marketing. It worked.
Eric
10-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #3011

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Would you suggest Pentax obsolete 24,000,000 legacy lenses - including the FA Limiteds and DA Limiteds - and alienate the only loyal customer base they have?
This would mean a price drop for all the old lenses so i could feed my LBA better then ever! YES!!!
10-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #3012
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
For some reason, whenever I see ANY yellow piece of personal electronics, I will forever and always think of this:

I guess that was the genius of Sony marketing. It worked.
Eric
Hahaha, forgot those....
10-21-2019, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #3013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I don't see any top LCD over here. Terrible flagship, won't buy, moving to Sony RX100viiiiiii
No mention of an all encompassing phone app either! What are they thinking?

---------- Post added 10-21-19 at 03:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by morenjavi Quote
Antigravity is part of the new SR and astrotracer technology. So now the new Pentax can make an stabilized exposure for near-infinite time. The camera can be air suspended while is exposing in anti-gravity mode, but this function drains a lot of battery.
This explains why the photo of the bottom of the body was pixelated - so we couldn't see the lack of a tripod socket.
10-21-2019, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #3014
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
No mention of an all encompassing phone app either! What are they thinking?

---------- Post added 10-21-19 at 03:48 PM ----------

This explains why the photo of the bottom of the body was pixelated - so we couldn't see the lack of a tripod socket.
"Where we're going, we don't need tripod sockets!" Welcome to 22nd century camera technology!
10-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #3015
Pentaxian

Since you didn't use "Quote", I don't know that you are responding to me, but mine is the post just before yours. I got the yellow Q-7 because it was an an inexpensive used-like-new purchase at Amazon; I had planned on getting a silver Q-7 at the time, but I was pressed for money and needed to purchase that which was inexpensive - namely the camera which my wife calls "the yellow jacket". BTW - I hate pure black cameras - they look so "professional".
I used to like black during the film days but I always had silver. I like the silver if they're retro type such as the KP. If I were to buy a KP for myself, I'd buy as silver one with a grip for the black KP. That way the grip would like like the power winder in the good old days.
Closed Thread