Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2019, 10:33 AM   #3286
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Firmer? My K-3ii doesn't have a whole lot of give.
Yeah, who knew the K-3/II was as squishy as it is!!

11-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #3287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He probably means the shapes of the body and grip subtlely fit his hands better, allowing a firmer, more comfortable and secure feeling holding the camera. The (too small) size of the K-3 and consequent uncertain “grip” was a factor in my decision to sell mine.
11-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #3288

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
The final detail is the unlabeled button on the upper left rear of the body and what it actually does.
The bottom is still a mystery right?
11-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #3289
Veteran Member

The final detail is the unlabeled button on the upper left rear of the body and what it actually does.
I hope you are wrong

11-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #3290
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He probably means the shapes of the body and grip subtlely fit his hands better, allowing a firmer, more comfortable and secure feeling holding the camera. The (too small) size of the K-3 and consequent uncertain “grip” was a factor in my decision to sell mine.
Wow, and here I think that the KP with the smallest grip is on the edge of too large!! Pentax does need to 'fit' all types.
11-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #3291
Pentaxian

Still waiting for facts. Doubtful, but maybe a few will trickle out between now and the official announcement.

For me, how the OVF works with my eyes is going to be a much larger deciding factor than whether or not it has a flippy/ articulating rear LCD.
11-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #3292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Wow, and here I think that the KP with the smallest grip is on the edge of too large!! Pentax does need to 'fit' all types.
KP with Battery Grip and large grip is OK, but that defeats the “compact with pancakes” design ethic. I shoot it for travel and snapshots with the medium grip and just deal with cramped fingers and poor button placement. I have a similar opinion of MX; KX suits me better.

K-1 is just about ideal AFA grip and button placement ergonomics.

11-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #3293

QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
The top left unlabeled button enables and disables the airbags that protect the camera in the event it's dropped.
The button is a "kill switch". Press it and somebody you don't know dies.

(if you want to spoil it and get to the punchline, jump to 17:18)
11-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #3294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Copy of Tanaka san's blog "Yeah, it was a nice grip. Actually it is not compared with K-3 II, but it has a firmer impression than K-3 II.

Maybe it will be released with this external design.
 The LCD monitor on the back was a fixed type, so it seems that some people expect that it will be movable in the product version, but there is no hope.

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but I was disappointed when I was disappointed.
 That means that the model name was decided a long time ago".

That certainly is definitive information. He wrote a lot and actually said nothing!
I don't now. I think he said a lot. He doesn't know everything about the camera but he did confirm a few things like the lcd screen. Not what we probably want to hear but he said what he could.
11-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #3295
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
KP with Battery Grip and large grip is OK, but that defeats the “compact with pancakes” design ethic. I shoot it for travel and snapshots with the medium grip and just deal with cramped fingers and poor button placement. I have a similar opinion of MX; KX suits me better.

K-1 is just about ideal AFA grip and button placement ergonomics.
Funny thing. I find my hands not bigger than average and still K-1 grip is to thin and not deep enough for me to be perfectly comfortable. On the other side the grip size/shape is not a deal breaker for me so I bought K-1 and I am happy with it. I try to adapt to cameras grips on different bodies (even Sony a7) and I never had major problems with this. I think I will be totally capable of using a KP if Adam send me one next month.
11-04-2019, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #3296
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The button is a "kill switch". Press it and somebody you don't know dies.

(if you want to spoil it and get to the punchline, jump to 17:18)
Twilight Zone "Button, Button" - YouTube
No.... a rumor button. Press it and you generate two additional unlabeled buttons that each produce two long threads of speculation here. Press either one of the new buttons and you get two more, etc.
11-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #3297
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like how tall the K-1 grip is, so my pinky actually has somewhere to go. I like the look of the small grip on the KP, but I've never held it to see if its usable. A combo slightly retro styled camera the height of the K-1 but small grip size of the KP would look really good.
11-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #3298
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
'm probably one of the few that doesn't care whether this camera gets a movable LCD screen or not. It's great if it does & it's great if it doesn't. I can use the camera either way. Been doing it forever with a fixed screen K-50 & a fixed screen Sony a200 before that & a fixed screen Canon EOS before that. Hahaha!

My biggest interest is the AF accuracy, AF performance, & 5-axis IBIS that I hope they put in.
Not the only one. With my first SLR the very concept of a screen, let alone a moveable screen, didn't exist. I survived.
11-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #3299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I suspect he just means that it fits his hand better giving a firmer feel to his grip.
11-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #3300
bxf
Veteran Member

All this talk about camera being too small... What did you people do in film days? Just about all non-pro bodies would have been smaller than today's balloons.
Closed Thread