Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #3331
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
I had been thinking of much finer level of `stacking', just to ensure that the subject at the point of focus was indeed in focus. I don't even know if this kind of
thing would lead to perceptible differences in image quality.
Focus stacking can make a noticeable difference, but it depends on the subject and the lens--and the entire effect can be negated by subject or camera movement.

11-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #3332
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only 22 or so days until the 27th. More time for little reveals, see if anything is shown or confirmed in Paris this weekend.
11-04-2019, 08:37 PM   #3333
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Copy of Tanaka san's blog "Yeah, it was a nice grip. Actually it is not compared with K-3 II, but it has a firmer impression than K-3 II.

Maybe it will be released with this external design.
 The LCD monitor on the back was a fixed type, so it seems that some people expect that it will be movable in the product version, but there is no hope.

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but I was disappointed when I was disappointed.
 That means that the model name was decided a long time ago".

That certainly is definitive information. He wrote a lot and actually said nothing!
So cryptic at the end.
11-04-2019, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #3334
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
So cryptic at the end.
"...but I was disappointed when I was disappointed." Profound and meaningless at the same time...

11-04-2019, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #3335
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
"...but I was disappointed when I was disappointed." Profound and meaningless at the same time...
Yeah, esp not knowing what was he expecting.
11-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #3336
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Notice that the memory card door does not have any labels on it. As far as I’m aware all K dslrs have had a label?

Why not go really modern and have plug in SATA SSD drives of varying capacity?
11-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #3337
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The RUMORS web site translated the remarks as “announced summer of 2020”. That would be a bummer if the announcement is not until then. Hopefully, someone will get their translator app in gear.

11-04-2019, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #3338
Pentaxian

He said disappointed, seeing it was a name chosen a long time ago means it is something already known I think, so it could just be K3-iii.
11-05-2019, 12:50 AM   #3339
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Couldn't matter to me if it said K-1CK as long as it is as good as the engineers say it is.
11-05-2019, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #3340
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Yeah, esp not knowing what was he expecting.
I was playing with the Google trnaslate and saw that phrase that looked strange to me... I then changed the translation to Greek and it made much more sense!!

I convey the exact Greek and Greek to English translation (from the initial Chinese to Greek one)

Όταν κοίταξα προσεκτικά το σώμα, το όνομα της κάμερας ήταν κρυμμένο με μαύρη ταινία. Νόμιζα ότι θα το έβγαλα και θα το δω.
Αυτό σημαίνει ότι το όνομα του μοντέλου έχει αποφασιστεί εδώ και πολύ καιρό.
--->
When I looked at the body carefully, the name of the camera was hidden in black tape. I thought I was going to get it out (it means peel it off in Greek) and see it.
This means that the model name has been decided for a long time.

There is no disappointment in Greeks That's why so many Pentaxians here, we haven't been affected by the Pentax is doomed troll hype...
11-05-2019, 01:09 AM   #3341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Surely the obvious name choice is K-100 or if it isn't released until next year K-101! - Michael
11-05-2019, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #3342
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
This means that the model name has been decided for a long time.
I interpret that to mean the appearance of the body is as it will be at launch. It is not a prototype for which names are still under consideration. The name is on the bodies as they are being manufactured.
11-05-2019, 02:14 AM   #3343

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
I interpret that to mean the appearance of the body is as it will be at launch. It is not a prototype for which names are still under consideration. The name is on the bodies as they are being manufactured.
Not sure if it would make sense to change the name of the body at that stage of development, especially if they do not want to be overrun with orders at launch (and then have to ramp up production, instead of producing bodies already now)
11-05-2019, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #3344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Even before that period (i.e. the days of MX, ME, etc), we had K2, we had FM, FE, Leicas, and others, and compared to today's forms, they were all small and slim, without grips. Oh, those were the days Some years back I bought a Leica Digilux 2, largly because it resembled a "normal" camera.
These film cameras were small and slim because (i) they had no electronics, no motor, no alim, no rear LCD and (ii) their standard lens was a small 50mm, not a zoom, therefore they didn't need a protruding grip.
11-05-2019, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #3345
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't really care what the name would be as long as it has significant improvements like AF, image quality, better buffer and other requests made here. Of course the camera won't be perfect and I'll just accept what's provided. I just keep an open mind.
Closed Thread