Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3229 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2019, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #3346
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Copy of Tanaka san's blog (...)

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but I was disappointed when I was disappointed.
 That means that the model name was decided a long time ago".[/U]

(...)
The Japanese text means 'I thought I would peel it off to get a peek but I was afraid I would be disappointed [therefore I didn't]'.

11-05-2019, 05:06 AM   #3347
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
He said disappointed, seeing it was a name chosen a long time ago means it is something already known I think, so it could just be K3-iii.
What if it’s the Pentax K-80, the long awaited K-70 successor?
11-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #3348
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
All this talk about camera being too small... What did you people do in film days? Just about all non-pro bodies would have been smaller than today's balloons.
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Don't say that. You'll disappoint a lot of people. Most of us are waiting for a k-3II successor.
11-05-2019, 05:56 AM   #3349
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
I, personally, have not been awaiting a K-70 successor .... nor do I expect one.

Added: if there were to be one, wouldn’t it be “K-90”?

11-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #3350
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
Notice that the memory card door does not have any labels on it. As far as I’m aware all K dslrs have had a label?

Why not go really modern and have plug in SATA SSD drives of varying capacity?
Pentax has often left off the SD labels in pre-production prototypes. Also note there is no label on any of the buttons to indicate card switching (no SD1/2 label). Indeed, the 645D prototypes had tape covering over the SD card labels underneath the top LCD and the SD switching label was not printed next to the DISP button.

There's been no indication Ricoh will switch from SD cards, though UHS-II support would be good, especially if the camera supports 4K video or high FPS.
There's really no room for CFast cards, SATA SSD's like Sony's Atomx are huge by comparison. CFExpress cards use much faster NVMe with XQD form factor. This *might* fit in the new body (esp. if there is only one slot), but again, no indication that Ricoh plans to use anything besides SD cards.
11-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #3351

Ricoh probably hasn't filed for the various certifications yet as it is only a prototype and not meant for sale. That would also explain why the bottom stickers are taped over. It is the filing of these various certifications particularly for wireless protocols that is a major tip off of model number, features and future release dates.
11-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #3352

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Ricoh probably hasn't filed for the various certifications yet as it is only a prototype and not meant for sale. That would also explain why the bottom stickers are taped over. It is the filing of these various certifications particularly for wireless protocols that is a major tip off of model number, features and future release dates.
How can you conclude from the protocol to the model number? Features yes, but not release date and model number.

11-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #3353
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wireless specs are all pretty much the same now, so only the fact that a new device is being registered can be inferred from each agencies listings. Unless, something is getting 5g cellular capabilities. That would point to a flagship device at this time and add significantly to cost - not likely for an APSC body from Pentax
11-05-2019, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #3354
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
These film cameras were small and slim because (i) they had no electronics, no motor, no alim, no rear LCD and (ii) their standard lens was a small 50mm, not a zoom, therefore they didn't need a protruding grip.
Film cameras were also somewhat lighter; batteries for the electronics in today's cameras can be quite heavy.
11-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #3355
Pentaxian

The latest on Pentax Rumors is that the APS-C DSLR won't be announced until Summer 2020. I'm guessing released in time for next holiday season.
11-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #3356
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's too late. The K-nu has already been announced.
11-05-2019, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #3357
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
The latest on Pentax Rumors is that the APS-C DSLR won't be announced until Summer 2020. I'm guessing released in time for next holiday season.
The question is whether the rumors on PR are more reliable than the speculation on PF...
11-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #3358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
The question is whether the rumors on PR are more reliable than the speculation on PF...
While I’m sure there’s plenty to talk about either way, I’d suggest the signal/noise ratio in both cases is impressively low

-Eric
11-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #3359
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
... I’d suggest the signal/noise ratio in both cases is impressively low

-Eric
That's very optimistic.
11-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #3360
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting that the someone on the other forums site picked up the PR article as gospel at first look - 5 hours later noted by another as already released followed the topic being locked 12 hours later. Good work people
Closed Thread