Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 08:48 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New Pentax Promotion site launched in Japan

Ricoh has launched a new website today. It is in Japanese only, and I'm not sure whether it will be made bilingual in future.

It seems to be more focused on user engagement that promoting specific products.

PENTAX official

09-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

Pentax is looking forward to the next 100 years!
09-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #3

QuoteQuote:
We have set up this website so that employees who love PENTAX (in-house PENTAXIAN) can learn and enjoy photography for those who love PENTAX and who will meet PENTAX in the future.
Probably "employees" would be better translated to "enthusiasts" or "users".
09-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Ricoh seem to be focussing on there Japan user base very much with photography schools and family clubs.

09-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
They also use the phrase "in house Pentaxians" so maybe it does mean employees.

09-21-2019, 02:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ricoh seem to be focussing on there Japan user base very much with photography schools and family clubs.
I think that underpinning the foundations and building out from there is a good strategy for sustainable growth - I suppose we have to just hope that that's what they are doing, rather than retreating inside their laager.
09-21-2019, 03:19 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
They also use the phrase "in house Pentaxians" so maybe it does mean employees.
If it were for employees only you would only need to keep the site on work servers (intranet) and not expose the site to the WWW (Internet). "In-House" could mean "domestic" i.e. Japanese users/owners.

The theme of this site, as well as some of the "contests" that Ricoh has on Instagram fit well (IMO) with the emphasis on the joy/love/fun/excitement of photography that Ricoh would be emphasizing as mentioned in PF interview.
09-21-2019, 03:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

The GR site was also a sort of employee fan run site before going more official.

09-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, more of this kind of stuff outside Japan, please. Not that my life depends on it or anything, but over here in Germany you can't even get the "100 years of history" coffee mug. Does Ricoh fear nobody's drinking coffee in Europe, or what?

Back in the day, one of the first things piquing my curiosity about Pentax DSLRs and lenses, and later motivating me to get out work I had done with them, was the Pentax Photo Gallery. Nowadays, when I go there, I get a browser warning that it's not a safe website (just a symptom of its general neglect, of course). Well, ...

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 09-21-2019 at 11:44 PM.
09-22-2019, 12:38 AM - 4 Likes   #10
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
QuoteQuote:
We have set up this website so that employees who love PENTAX (in-house PENTAXIAN) can learn and enjoy photography for those who love PENTAX and who will meet PENTAX in the future.
It's more like this (my translation).
QuoteQuote:
Employees who love PENTAX (in-house PENTAXIAN) set up this site for those who love PENTAX and those who will find PENTAX in the future so they can learn and enjoy photography.
PENTAXを愛する社員(社内PENTAXIAN)が、PENTAXを愛してくださっている皆さん、これからPENTAXに出会うであろう皆さんのために、写真を学び、楽しんでいただけるよう、このサイトを立ち上げました。
10-01-2019, 03:57 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks interresting, but sadly I do not speak Japanese
10-01-2019, 04:03 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you don't speak Japanese, Pentax is not for you .

?????? | PENTAX official

Events are in Tokyo/Japan

Last edited by biz-engineer; 10-01-2019 at 04:24 AM.
10-01-2019, 05:13 AM   #13
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Yes, more of this kind of stuff outside Japan, please. Not that my life depends on it or anything, but over here in Germany you can't even get the "100 years of history" coffee mug. Does Ricoh fear nobody's drinking coffee in Europe, or what?

Back in the day, one of the first things piquing my curiosity about Pentax DSLRs and lenses, and later motivating me to get out work I had done with them, was the Pentax Photo Gallery. Nowadays, when I go there, I get a browser warning that it's not a safe website (just a symptom of its general neglect, of course). Well, ...
Agree! Based in Sweden I would also like to get access to some "100 years- products" so I hope it will come!
10-01-2019, 05:15 AM   #14

Time to learn some japanese...
10-01-2019, 05:15 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Pentax is looking forward to the next 100 years!
So am I.....