Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 41 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #76
Staff Writer

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who submitted giveaway and contest ideas over the course of the past few months! I've drawn a great deal of inspiration from your suggestions, and wanted to unveil a preview of our upcoming giveaway and contest series which will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of Pentax.

The giveaway will be entitled "100 years in 100 days" and will go from October 1st through January 9th, in three phases of roughly one month each. Prizes will be offered from specific categories to honor the evolution of Pentax products: legacy/classic, current, and next-generation gear.

Each month, there will be three ways to enter:
  • There will be a general raffle open to everyone, with one entry per person per month
  • Our official monthly photo contests will have an open theme, and will feature camera/lens prizes for the winners
  • There will be a post-based raffle for the largest prizes; unlike last year, there will be no limits on the number of participants per raffle, and no time-based entry windows
Depending on the level of participation, we may have up to 6 grand prize winners per month, with a minimum of 3.

Grand Prizes

These are subject to change, but below is what we're currently looking to give away. If multiple items are pictured, the winner will be able to choose.

ClassicCurrentFuture

(unnamed new flagship DSLR)

Other Prizes

An assortment of additional prizes will be available to runners-up, such as Pentax Forums T-shirts, account upgrades, eBooks, or the limited edition hotshoe covers, subject to availability.

I'm looking forward to put these prizes on your hands, and hope that our giveaway will echo the spirit of Pentax's own commemorative events!
Great idea! And to think I've been using Pentax since I got an ME in 1979. Don't have that anymore, but still have the ME Super I got as a replacement...

Cjf

10-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
You put the new aps/c flagship in phase 3 prize. Do you think it will available at this time?
Since phase 3 is labelled with "Future", I sure hope it will be available in the not-so-distant future
10-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If I win the DA* 11-18, I will readily take
I would too even over the DFA* 50/1.4 as I need a substantially newer and better ultrawide more than I need a little better 50.
10-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #79
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I would too even over the DFA* 50/1.4 as I need a substantially newer and better ultrawide more than I need a little better 50.
I’ll take whatever prize I’m awarded - all look great. Does “future” hint at an earlier release rather than the expected spring date for the new apsc body?

10-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Hot shoe cover FTW!
10-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would think that the first prize, a modern 'star' lens, is worth much more ...... even for me, someone who has never spent his own money on a camera or a lens worth so much.
If I win the DA* 11-18, I will readily take it and retire the Sigma 10-20 that I value so much.
I would find the choice tricky. Either would work on apsc, the star 11-18 would be a huge leap from my 10-17 but I love primes .... But then I already have the 35 & 70 limited and the 40mm xs .... But then they are not fast ....I genuinely think the hot shoe cover is the only prize that wouldn't stress me out
10-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I would find the choice tricky. Either would work on apsc, the star 11-18 would be a huge leap from my 10-17 but I love primes .... But then I already have the 35 & 70 limited and the 40mm xs .... But then they are not fast ....I genuinely think the hot shoe cover is the only prize that wouldn't stress me out
If I have a choice between a K-70 and KP I wouldn't know what to do, since I already have KP.
Most of the other prizes would be fine for me.

10-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #83
Veteran Member

If I have a choice between a K-70 and KP I wouldn't know what to do, since I already have KP.
Most of the other prizes would be fine for me.
Kp is the only pentax camera that I didn't buy since k200d.
10-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #84
Pentaxian

You chose to get the K-70.
I chose to wait for the KP.
As long as each of us is having fun, nothing else matters.
10-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Time is not wasted. They are good prices now.
10-01-2019, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
I’ll take whatever prize I’m awarded
I don't expect to win any prize but it is fun to dream. This is like the lottery but I a a substantally larger non-zero chance but it is still pretty close to zero where it becomes a fun indulgence.
10-01-2019, 09:30 PM - 1 Like   #87
Veteran Member

I think the main gain is the enthusiasm of Pentax users.
10-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I don't expect to win any prize but it is fun to dream. This is like the lottery but I a a substantally larger non-zero chance but it is still pretty close to zero where it becomes a fun indulgence.
Exactly
10-02-2019, 12:26 AM - 1 Like   #89
Veteran Member

Pentax is a dream, compared to other brands.
10-02-2019, 03:59 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
I think the main gain is the enthusiasm of Pentax users
And the efforts of those that are working behind the scene to keep it going.