Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2019, 10:58 PM - 11 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Info from the Pentax Meeting 100 events

As you may have read elsewhere, there were two 100 year fan events in Tokyo this last weekend. They were held in an event gall at Ricohís office. I didnít go myself but perhaps I should have applied. There will be more in Osaka, Sapporo and Fukuoka over the next few weeks. I imagine they will be very similar.

Iím actually not surprised that something was announced last week. It would have been a bit silly to announce something on the day of the anniversary itself and miss showing it at the events. But I was expecting it to be a kind of anniversary limited edition of a camera we know. Showing the forthcoming APS-C camera was much cooler than I thought.

It looks like there were a few other things going on.
- Birthday cake and bizzare camera and lens shaped sushi
- A pentaprism engraved with the anniversary logo
- A special metal body cap (I think all attendees got one on their pack)
- Yamashita-san, CEO of (all) Ricoh presented on the Sunday and Takahash-san, CEO of Ricoh Imaging presents on the Saturday
- Some rare items like the EI-2000 were brought along

You can see tweets from visitors at the events collected under #pentaxmeeting100
Search Twitter - #PENTAXmeeting100

All the comments are in Japanese but there are plenty of photos of the event.

There will probably be more tweets added over the coming weeks for the remaining events.

09-22-2019, 11:15 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Thank you for this report. Apparently attendees got a special strap in addition to the metal body cap.

09-23-2019, 01:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't go either.
Good looking little collection of items that fits the Japanese market/culture well.
09-23-2019, 04:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info.

Any chance that these items will be available later to the general public?

Cheers, J

09-23-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Info from the Pentax Meeting 100 events
Thank you for posting this report, especially the Twitter link.

The event seems to be like a family's or friend's fun birthday party -- cake, interesting food, drinks, give-away gifts. I like it.

The appearance of Yamashita-san is especially notable.

- Craig
09-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
Pentaxian

The 645Z on the right hand side of this image Twitter has a very interesting collection of hardware hanging on it. It looks like an old (or retro styled) lens and a couple of helicoid tubes. I'm guessing the lens was originally for a very large format camera, with a long film to flange distance, or we're looking at a macro rig using old glass. Either way, way cool!
09-23-2019, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good to see the EI2000 in the mix, also an SFX (often overlooked).
09-23-2019, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #8
bxf
Pentaxian

It has occurred to me that with the right kind of publicity, this anniversary may be an opportunity to bring awareness of Pentax's past greatness and longevity to a generation that knows nothing about it. It may be an opportunity to spread recognition and regain the appreciation and respect the great name deserves.

09-23-2019, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnha Quote
YES!!!! And in that picture too, is the EI-3000. I thought I was the only other person who has one, but I knew there must be more!

---------- Post added 09-23-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
As you may have read elsewhere, there were two 100 year fan events in Tokyo this last weekend. They were held in an event gall at Ricohís office. I didnít go myself but perhaps I should have applied. There will be more in Osaka, Sapporo and Fukuoka over the next few weeks. I imagine they will be very similar.

Iím actually not surprised that something was announced last week. It would have been a bit silly to announce something on the day of the anniversary itself and miss showing it at the events. But I was expecting it to be a kind of anniversary limited edition of a camera we know. Showing the forthcoming APS-C camera was much cooler than I thought.

It looks like there were a few other things going on.
- Birthday cake and bizzare camera and lens shaped sushi
- A pentaprism engraved with the anniversary logo
- A special metal body cap (I think all attendees got one on their pack)
- Yamashita-san, CEO of (all) Ricoh presented on the Sunday and Takahash-san, CEO of Ricoh Imaging presents on the Saturday
- Some rare items like the EI-2000 were brought along

You can see tweets from visitors at the events collected under #pentaxmeeting100
Search Twitter - #PENTAXmeeting100

All the comments are in Japanese but there are plenty of photos of the event.

There will probably be more tweets added over the coming weeks for the remaining events.
There was also an EI-3000 in the pictures...I thought I was the only person who had one, but knew there had to be more! Fantastic to see the EI-2000 and EI-3000 shown. VERY rare indeed!!!
09-24-2019, 03:08 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnha Quote
Still got my EI2000 up in the loft. My first Pentax digital camera. Even that had a tilting screen.

10-01-2019, 02:35 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Report from Digital Camera Watch on the 100th Anniversary meeting held in Tokyo on the 21st of September:

【イベントレポート】熱気あふれる「PENTAX ミーティング 100周年スペシャル」体験記 - デジカメ Watch

Google Translate

10-01-2019, 02:46 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Report from Digital Camera Watch on the 100th Anniversary meeting held in Tokyo on the 21st of September:

【イベントレポート】熱気あふれる「PENTAX ミーティング 100周年スペシャル」体験記 - デジカメ Watch

Google Translate
Wonder what this means.
"In addition, the custom image that Mr. Seo often uses is ďGin RemainsĒ."

10-01-2019, 03:03 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Something about the colour silver?
As I doubt there were leftover drinks after the event
10-01-2019, 04:01 AM   #14
Pentaxian

銀残し seems to be the custom image called 'Bleach Bypass' in English and 'Sans blanchiment' in French.
10-01-2019, 04:08 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Engraved pentaprism. We had a pentaprism when I was a kid. Must have come from a broken camera. Fascinated me as an object, the weight, shape and it's optical properties.