Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 689 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2019, 02:01 AM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
My friends told me that Nikon and Pentax have a deal---Ricoh sells some parts of Pixel Shift technology for acquiring Nikon D500's AF system
To have the best of both systems in one would be a very desirable outcome for both Pentax and Nikon users.

09-25-2019, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #152
Pentaxian

My friends told me that Nikon and Pentax have a deal---Ricoh sells some parts of Pixel Shift technology for acquiring Nikon D500's AF system
This is probably the biggest downside of the waiting time to come - that the threads will be filled with all kinds of rumours, hearsay, wishes... :-)
It might be true, but chances are low... no offense!
(could there be anything like a reality check for such things? At least a mandatory mention of a source?)
09-25-2019, 02:31 AM - 3 Likes   #153

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That sounds unlikely, but if it's true then it's a pretty fair deal. Nikon's DSLR AF is very good, as is Pentax pixel shift...

Was there anything to validate or add weight to your friends' rumour, or was it merely casual conversation?
?????????????153??????????_???_????

Twitter

??

If you have any questions with translation, just give me a screenshot and I will help, by the way, weibo’s comments I see is not friendly to Pentax, 90% of them sneer at Pentax that in 2019 still making DSLR, I don’t know what they are thinking about ,it seems that most of Chinese camera fan are a little vanity for using newest camera and tech instead loving photography itself.
I mean, maybe they are rich on substance, but their spirit and soul are still quite poor.
09-25-2019, 02:36 AM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nikons AF people are former Pentax employees.....
I'm pretty sure part of the MZ-S AF system was from Nikon as well (or the other way around). AF point layout 100% identical.
If I'm not mistaken some Pentax lens designers also ended up at Nikon. The ones behind the 31 Limited and the FA* 200/4 Macro.....

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 09-25-2019 at 02:42 AM.
09-25-2019, 02:37 AM   #155

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
This is probably the biggest downside of the waiting time to come - that the threads will be filled with all kinds of rumours, hearsay, wishes... :-)
It might be true, but chances are low... no offense!
(could there be anything like a reality check for such things? At least a mandatory mention of a source?)
I've posted it, just see my submit, though the information is from Japanese and Chinese, if you have any problem on translating, give me a screenshot and I will help

---------- Post added 09-25-19 at 02:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Nikons AF people are former Pentax employees.....
I know it but something different with your information, my information shows that Nikons lens designer are former Pentax employees.
09-25-2019, 02:57 AM   #156
Pentaxian

I've posted it, just see my submit, though the information is from Japanese and Chinese, if you have any problem on translating, give me a screenshot and I will help

---------- Post added 09-25-19 at 02:38 AM ----------

I know it but something different with your information, my information shows that Nikons lens designer are former Pentax employees.
Thank you.

Pål's comment is interesting. But it also shows how much we know, it could all be also the other way around
09-25-2019, 03:10 AM - 2 Likes   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
If this turns out to be true, DPR will have to find something new to focus on when criticizing Pentax.
fixed rear LCD already supplied - for this one, at least

Oh - and the fact that a six letter name is too much - 5 better, 4 best

09-25-2019, 03:12 AM - 2 Likes   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

,it seems that most of Chinese camera fan are a little vanity for using newest camera and tech instead loving photography itself.
Not just China, unfortunately
09-25-2019, 03:21 AM   #159

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Not just China, unfortunately
In what I have seen, in Japan and western forum I don’t see anybody sneer at Pentax for still making DSLR on 2019... am I missed something...
09-25-2019, 03:27 AM - 3 Likes   #160
Pentaxian

I can understand Japanese, Chinese and English, so I check China's website and found some comments like this, also I check twitter on Japanese, they said its very similar to d500 AF sys, They think that Nikon and Pentax has deal, but don't know what the details are. So maybe this is a casual conversation I guess
Thank you for providing the links.

It all goes back to the rumour reported on in the very first post of this thread: that the new APS-C flagship would have 153 AF points. This is the number of AF points in the latest Nikon autofocus module one finds in the D500, D5 and D850, therefore people speculate that the AF of the new Pentax APS-C flagship could be Nikon's.

There is no substance to this apart from (i) the initial rumour and (ii) the equal number of AF points in the rumoured Pentax autofocus and the Nikon autofocus.
09-25-2019, 03:27 AM - 2 Likes   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In what I have seen, in Japan and western forum I don’t see anybody sneer at Pentax for still making DSLR on 2019... am I missed something...
You wisely don't look at sites such as DPReview, then
09-25-2019, 03:33 AM   #162
Pentaxian

Thank you Mistral! This is why reality checks are necessary. But probably too late, Pentaxrum0urs or the like will still pick this up, I'm sure
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Thank you for providing the links.

It all goes back to the rumour reported on in the very first post of this thread: that the new APS-C flagship would have 153 AF points. This is the number of AF points in the latest Nikon autofocus module one finds in the D500, D5 and D850, therefore people speculate that the AF of the new Pentax APS-C flagship could be Nikon's.

There is no substance to this apart from (i) the initial rumour and (ii) the equal number of AF points in the rumoured Pentax autofocus and the Nikon autofocus.
09-25-2019, 03:44 AM   #163
Veteran Member

Canon's new flagship APS-C DSLR has 45 focus points just to put things into perspective…
Even matching that would be more than nice.
09-25-2019, 03:51 AM - 2 Likes   #164
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
You wisely don't look at sites such as DPReview, then
There are quite a few members that do... A small few even talk about us over there, and it ain't all pretty I'm not a member, but I do occasionally look to see what our "problem" members are posting...
09-25-2019, 04:20 AM - 3 Likes   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
There are quite a few members that do... A small few even talk about us over there, and it ain't all pretty I'm not a member, but I do occasionally look to see what our "problem" members are posting...
There are a few of us who try politely* to correct the misinformation put about there, as well, by trolls and others

To be honest, I find the that the supportive remarks get far more likes than the brand bashing ones, the vast majority of which come from a small handfull of known Ricoh/Pentax trolls, whose comments are largely discounted.- I actually find it not at all a bad experience, encouraging even, some of the time - though I admit I'm in a minority here

*or non-abusively, at least

Last edited by ffking; 09-25-2019 at 04:29 AM.
Closed Thread