Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 689 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #706
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It would seem to me that speculation and rumour are better suited for the "under development thread".
I'm sure glad that I'm not a moderator during these raffles.

10-14-2019, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #707
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Strictly speaking, this thread is about information rather than speculation, but most of us seem to have forgotten that
I am going to speculate that having run out of real information this thread will continue to live on speculation till it eventually gets shut down.
10-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #708
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I am going to speculate that having run out of real information this thread will continue to live on speculation till it eventually gets shut down.
I agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself......
10-14-2019, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #709
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Without any new information, this thread would taper off fast without any speculations.
I wouldn't have a problem with that

10-14-2019, 05:45 AM   #710
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I wouldn't have a problem with that
Don't know if Adam would like it - seems to me this is just a matter of loyal Pentax Forumites diligently trying to help him get more posts, with a little statistically improbable encouragement , admittedly

Last edited by ffking; 10-14-2019 at 05:58 AM.
10-14-2019, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #711

Well it will probably be a month before we hear anything worthy of note. So i'm off on a shoot.
10-14-2019, 06:19 AM   #712
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
Well it will probably be a month before we hear anything worthy of note. So i'm off on a shoot.
Too busy these days. I haven't been out on a shoot since I got back from France last August. Grrrrrr, I should be able to shoot this weekend

10-14-2019, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #713
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Too busy these days. I haven't been out on a shoot since I got back from France last August. Grrrrrr, I should be able to shoot this weekend
It depends on how you define "shoot". Since I'm now retired, sometimes I go out for an hour and take several photos; sometimes I go out all day and never turn on the camera. It is random.
10-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #714
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
It depends on how you define "shoot". Since I'm now retired, sometimes I go out for an hour and take several photos; sometimes I go out all day and never turn on the camera. It is random.
You too, HUH?
10-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #715
Pentaxian

I would normally do a 4 - 7 km photowalk just by myself. I'm usually packed with k-5II with an 18-135 and a k-3II with a HD 55-300 for the long end. I have my 10-20 in my bag if I need something wider. I normally do it on a weekend.
10-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #716
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I would normally do a 4 - 7 km photowalk just by myself. I'm usually packed with k-5II with an 18-135 and a k-3II with a HD 55-300 for the long end. I have my 10-20 in my bag if I need something wider. I normally do it on a weekend.
You have just described the contents of my bag .... but the length varies between 2km and whatever.
10-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #717
Pentaxian

I'm not retired, but sometimes (like you) I go out for an hour and take several photos; sometimes I go out all day and take a few photos but nothing that I'm happy with.

Regardless, I need to get out at least once a week with the camera. Otherwise I get very restless...
10-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #718
Pentaxian

Everyone who's a photography buff would normally do a photowalk either with someone or on your own. Sometimes we get to be misunderstood why we're doing what we're doing. More so when they see Pentax cams hanging down on our necks.
10-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #719
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
The unmarked button. What can it be? Let me trove a speculative suggestion into the discussion.

It is to activate a blocking filter / closing of the viewfinder in order to avoid light-leaks during long exposures.
Nikon have a curtain in the viewfinder for this.They have a small lever to activate it near the eye piece.

We all agree that the screen is touchscreen? But what if it was simply turned on by pressing the menu button and off by touching an icon on the screen?

This would mean the proximity sensor was for another purpose. i.e turning a power sapping electronic display on and off in the viewfinder as required?

The button could be to select CDAF / PDAF with in viewfinder focus peaking? After all on the K-1 it is the Live View button.

Last edited by BROO; 10-14-2019 at 05:12 PM.
10-14-2019, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #720
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, time for my two cents, after reading all these posts. My 11x18 metal prints are selling wonderfully, at 400 each. All images shot with 2 K-3's and 1 K3-II. Lens- A star 400 f2.8 , 55-300 pim, DA 150-450, DA 560. Yes I do have other Pentax lens ( I have no aftermarket lens, just my personal preference ) that occasionally get a superb image ( what I consider, for me, a sellable image, ) You can get superb quality, sellable images with Pentax cameras and lenses. You will not get the the keeper rate of some Nikon and Canon gear at high burst rate but if you are up to the challenge ( as a photographer, plus some luck now and then ) you can do it with what Pentax offers at this time. If I am asked, my favorite lens is still the 400 f2.8, which I have owned since 1988! Just finished a 10 mile hike in Big Bend National Park, carrying that lens , all 13 pounds of it, camera , Bogan 3033 (heavy) tripod, Wimberly gimbal, monopod, battery grip, etc.. Worth every ounce of sweat.... as I do not want a lighter camera and lens, I want superb, reliable equiptment, which I am getting with my current gear.. Every lens I use is producing quality images I can sell. PS, I have never posted any of the images I currently sell, sorry! Travel to west Texas and you will see them...for sale! It takes years to build trust with smaller retailers......No comment on the new camera that has been shown,.....I choose not to speculate on things I know virtually nothing about... A bonus for viewers of this post, this image is the only modification done to the DA 560,( at three weeks old no less ), can you see it?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
Closed Thread