Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 689 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #721
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Stihlmania,
Ok what is the modification? I cannot see it. Wish you could find a way to share some of you images so we can understand what you are up to. Sounds interesting.

10-14-2019, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #722
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
A bonus for viewers of this post, this image is the only modification done to the DA 560,( at three weeks old no less ), can you see it?
As an owner of 560, I think I know your mod. I too have thought about how to do it myself. The way it is currently, it is not over the COG. Adding a heavier camera means even more difficulty to mount on heads.
I am talking about the lens mount foot. You have reversed it. I am using a longer plate so that the mount point is behind the tip of the foot.
I wish Ricoh gives an optional tripod foot that is reversed.
10-14-2019, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #723
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
As an owner of 560, I think I know your mod. I too have thought about how to do it myself. The way it is currently, it is not over the COG. Adding a heavier camera means even more difficulty to mount on heads.
I am talking about the lens mount foot. You have reversed it. I am using a longer plate so that the mount point is behind the tip of the foot.
I wish Ricoh gives an optional tripod foot that is reversed.
I think he is talking about THE OUTDOORS?

Last edited by BROO; 10-15-2019 at 01:06 PM.
10-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #724
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
A bonus for viewers of this post, this image is the only modification done to the DA 560,( at three weeks old no less ), can you see it?
Lens mount foot?

Last edited by troenaas; 10-15-2019 at 05:26 AM.
10-15-2019, 04:41 AM   #725

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
It depends on how you define "shoot". Since I'm now retired, sometimes I go out for an hour and take several photos; sometimes I go out all day and never turn on the camera. It is random.
In my case i am on my way to Church-hill falls, Manitoba to help document the results of last years road and rail cut off by the floods and wicked winter. Just waiting on the regional jet to get here. Surprising the airport wifi is actually working but if it doesn't i can relay it.
10-15-2019, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #726
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I am going to speculate that having run out of real information this thread will continue to live on speculation till it eventually gets shut down.
This is shameless self serving speculation based upon the need to up my post count for the month. This thread will go on until the end of the month.
10-15-2019, 06:06 AM   #727
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
This is shameless self serving speculation based upon the need to up my post count for the month. This thread will go on until the end of the month.
Hahaha, good one.

10-15-2019, 06:10 AM   #728
Veteran Member

Well done
10-15-2019, 06:16 AM   #729
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wholeheartedly concur, and will shamelessly tag along for the ride.
Eric
10-15-2019, 06:18 AM   #730
Veteran Member

We also serve those who wait....or some such thing. Actually you allow us to shamelessly post in response to your posts, so you also serve the rest of the PF members who need to post to have a chance to win! Public service thy name is @gaweidert
10-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #731
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
We also serve those who wait....or some such thing. Actually you allow us to shamelessly post in response to your posts, so you also serve the rest of the PF members who need to post to have a chance to win! Public service thy name is @gaweidert
@gaweidert for President! (why not, everyone else is running)

Ricoh/Pentax marketing department could use someone like you too...

Seriously though, isn't it about time for another leak about the new camera? The well is running dry!
Eric
10-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #732
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote

Seriously though, isn't it about time for another leak about the new camera? The well is running dry!
Eric
Yes, please, we need more leaks!
10-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #733
Pentaxian

(...)

Eric
It's running dry quicker than a shale oil well!
10-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #734
Pentaxian

Eric
It's already dry - not a trickle of water left in the bucket. Pentax - we need some refill here... Do you hear me???
10-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #735
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
It's already dry - not a trickle of water left in the bucket. Pentax - we need some refill here... Do you hear me???
Considering how long we had to wait for anything .....
Closed Thread