Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 689 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #751
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
@Adam; has been almost as coy as Ricoh at times. He has already announced that the prize of the "Grand" raffle this month will be a choice of two modern lenses and the prize of the "General' raffle will be a choice of several older lenses. According to his photo posted a teaser for the raffles, apparently in November he will be giving a "KP" away in the "Grand" raffle and a new-camera away in December, with a choice of several film bodies in each month to the winner of the "General" raffle. Since I purchased a "KP" on Black Friday last year, I have little interest in the "Grand" raffles after this month, although I might be interested in one of the film bodies, such as
After getting a K-1 and being all giddy about it, I might be interested in the K-new, if at all. I really don't need a second film body after the ME, but I would not say no to getting my hands on the legendary LX or MZ-S... The D FA* is probably the one item that I would use intensely.

10-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #752
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
As an owner of 560, I think I know your mod. I too have thought about how to do it myself. The way it is currently, it is not over the COG. Adding a heavier camera means even more difficulty to mount on heads.
I am talking about the lens mount foot. You have reversed it. I am using a longer plate so that the mount point is behind the tip of the foot.
I wish Ricoh gives an optional tripod foot that is reversed.
Only a DA 560 user would notice the foot reversed. It balances perfectly this way, but whoever designed this foot made it very difficult to change it... a good machine shop can do this....
10-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #753
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Or a picture or 2 with lcd’s turned on would be nice
I'll take that too, although I still want my numbers.
10-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #754
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
although I might be interested in one of the film bodies, such as

Well I really don't need another spotmatic so I won't be entering that one as I already have 2 perfectly functional ones. I kind of wish I had paid more attention to this months general raffle and not entered as I already have those 50s. So here's to hoping I don't win them so that someone else can enjoy those ones. A LX might be interesting but I don't think I would use it over my existing spotmatics because I just love one of my spotmatics for purely sentimental reasons.

10-15-2019, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #755
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
@gaweidert for President! (why not, everyone else is running)

Ricoh/Pentax marketing department could use someone like you too...

Seriously though, isn't it about time for another leak about the new camera? The well is running dry!
Eric
I really want to be president. Not because I could do he world any good, but for at least 4 years I could fly anywhere in the world and the flights would always be on time. No lines or security checks either. Air Force 1 is a sweet ride.
10-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #756
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
In my case i am on my way to Church-hill falls, Manitoba to help document the results of last years road and rail cut off by the floods and wicked winter. Just waiting on the regional jet to get here. Surprising the airport wifi is actually working but if it doesn't i can relay it.
Regional jet?
Not a de Havilland Turboprop?
Or a 737-200 with a gravel kit?
Give us some excitement here...
Heck, tell us you’re flying in on a CL415 water bomber

-Eric
10-15-2019, 06:53 PM   #757
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Regional jet?

-Eric
Going to Manitoba? Could be a DeHavilland Beaver. Maybe an Otter.

I remember doing an annual on one and trying to locate an oil filter for it years ago. Searched everywhere and the only ones I could find would be at least a week. And expensive.

So being a bit frustrated and with my customer jonesing to get it back in the air I inspected it closer and realized I could have him done within a couple of hours by paying a visit to a local store. It was a roll of toilet paper. Literally toilet paper.

10-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #758

A C-17 with a Blackhawk in the cargo hold so you get to to those remote places for perfect captures
10-15-2019, 08:38 PM   #759
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about an Enterprise class starship with a transporter to beam you down to your next shoot
10-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #760
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
How about an Enterprise class starship with a transporter to beam you down to your next shoot
I just say "Nanu Nanu" and I'm beamed down to where I want to be...
10-16-2019, 12:27 AM   #761
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I really want to be president. Not because I could do he world any good, but for at least 4 years I could fly anywhere in the world and the flights would always be on time. No lines or security checks either. Air Force 1 is a sweet ride.
Hahaha, good one
10-16-2019, 01:42 AM   #762
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
Only a DA 560 user would notice the foot reversed. It balances perfectly this way, but whoever designed this foot made it very difficult to change it... a good machine shop can do this....
Please share some pics of the newly machined foot. Thanks
May be this should go to the lens sub forum
10-16-2019, 06:56 AM   #763

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Regional jet?

-Eric
Sorry but i don't american sensationalize everything.

Aircraft was an cargo-passenger conversion AN72, will probably be the same on the return flight.

Was out on the ice (so to speak) at 3 am this morning documenting all the trash left behind what wasn't normally hauled out be truck, train or boat. What a disgusting mess for such a small human population. It is being cleaned up but no where near as quickly as it should be. Even with my busted up knee i did much more clean up than the locals and no one asked me to. You might see it in a video i sent out.

I brought my K-1 with the 50mm f1.4 and 150-450, KP with 16-85 HD, 24-40 HD and a D750 for backup.

Brought my personal long term SHTF kit but that's normal for me since i almost always get the remote location contracts and that's fine. Even has a couple books in it.

The snow cat with the rest of the crew is about to leave so i have to go. It's the latter end of the season so the sun takes longer to rise here to a point when you are not in the pitch black night. It's "midnight sun" not "dawn sun"

Enjoy.
10-16-2019, 08:03 PM - 4 Likes   #764

Well it seems this thread has gone way past it's self life.

Until such time any new concrete information is available on a new Pentax APS-C body this thread is closed for the duration.
10-19-2019, 06:47 AM   #765

It looks like Karen the Star may have some new information regarding the prototype so I will tentatively re-open this thread. Please try to stay on topic

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
Time for the Legendary new APS-C camera come , of course it’s just a prototype, everyone seems to be happy , staff tell me this is not the final model for mass product, so who think the back screen will be unable to pull out can rest assured now
Closed Thread