QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
I did back it up.
I have the other two lenses also, it is great fun
Got any example shots? I'm curious.

09-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
I think you read this wrong. It's not $400 dollars. It's only $69. If you want all 3 lenses and accessories it's only $238.
I got the 400 plus price by clicking on the top of the kickstarter homepage, agreed, i didn't read the rest of the page. Still I fiknd it expensiove
09-26-2019, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Will these things have SNC*?

(*) Super No Coating
09-27-2019, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
Got any example shots? I'm curious.
Macario Gomes Photography - Photos | Facebook

there are some here.

09-27-2019, 06:32 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots Macario. Just started playing with one of these also -- I think they work very well in black and white.
09-27-2019, 06:39 AM - 3 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is one in color I think came out ok.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
09-27-2019, 06:58 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote

Almost looks like a painting

09-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
Almost looks like a painting
The softness (like a painting) is caused by the significant diffraction of the tiny aperture of the pinhole lens.

This is the polar opposite of the typical sharpness obsessed people out there and the reason for modern monster prime lenses.

I usually just add in softness and vignetting in software to emulate the pinhole effect. It is better this way as you can have, for example, a super sharp landscape and a lush looking soft pinhole version with the same image.

You don't need a specific pinhole lens, just use the smallest aperture, say, f22 or f32 etc. and use software too.
09-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #24

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by travelswsage Quote
At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but after studying it for a while it does look like a still shot from an anime. It's art. I'm not sure that it's the kind of style that I'd like to shoot but I can see why people might like it. Not bad.
09-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #25
Forum Member

I didn't see them mention it being full frame or cropped or if I can use it on my film camera bodies.
09-27-2019, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've got one of the Pinhole Pros from them and I like it a lot. I backed the zoom version as well.

It's not for everyone nor all subjects, but it can be a fun lens to play around with.

Different apertures give wildly different results.

Also in daylight, even at ISO 100 I can't go much longer than 10 seconds without blowing out the image. The K-1 is just that sensitive.

Hotel Del Coronado

---------- Post added 09-27-19 at 03:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by niels hansen Quote
More than 400 dollars -this is robbery. If you have a 42 mm adapter, in this case the cheapest ones are good enough, take an m 42 extension tube for macro and glue a thin metal folie with a hole in the center, try different hole sizes til get your best compromise between sharpness and light infall.. Different lengths on the tube give you many pinhole primes, everybody knows that primes in generel are superieur.
Methinks you misread it. The $420,000 is how much they've raised so far out of an initial goal of $5000. That's astounding.

The variable aperture pinhole is great if you want different feelings for the image. the zoom will be a single aperture lens.
09-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by h.butz Quote
I didn't see them mention it being full frame or cropped or if I can use it on my film camera bodies.
You can use a pinhole lens on any format and medium (digital or film) with two slight caveats:

First, due to the resolution constraints on pinholes, they produce better results on larger formats.

Second, due to the very small apertures (e.g., this one is f/184 on a DSLR) and associated long shutter times, you can run into reciprocity failure on film and dark current noise issues on digital.

They really are fun, though, because the depth of field is nearly infinite. Everything more than a few focal lengths from the lens will be nearly equally sharp (or soft).
09-28-2019, 01:31 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
I've got one of the Pinhole Pros from them and I like it a lot. I backed the zoom version as well.

It's not for everyone nor all subjects, but it can be a fun lens to play around with.

Different apertures give wildly different results.

Also in daylight, even at ISO 100 I can't go much longer than 10 seconds without blowing out the image. The K-1 is just that sensitive.

Hotel Del Coronado

---------- Post added 09-27-19 at 03:10 PM ----------

Methinks you misread it. The $420,000 is how much they've raised so far out of an initial goal of $5000. That's astounding.

The variable aperture pinhole is great if you want different feelings for the image. the zoom will be a single aperture lens.
Sorry you are wright
09-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nocturnal Quote
The softness (like a painting) is caused by the significant diffraction of the tiny aperture of the pinhole lens.

This is the polar opposite of the typical sharpness obsessed people out there and the reason for modern monster prime lenses.

I usually just add in softness and vignetting in software to emulate the pinhole effect. It is better this way as you can have, for example, a super sharp landscape and a lush looking soft pinhole version with the same image.

You don't need a specific pinhole lens, just use the smallest aperture, say, f22 or f32 etc. and use software too.
taking the photo with the pinhole is part of the fun.
09-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Pinhole and DSLR is really missing the point. Pinholes can be really wide, but not at 40some mm in front of the film plan. 11mm on 6x9 film is fun. Build your own pinhole.