and Yes.

10-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Waste of time, quantity is not = of quality
10-04-2019, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #198
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I agree, but at least this is far better than the last contest which basically rewarded complete spamming for extra tickets. You can hit 100 posts in a month without trying too hard.
10-04-2019, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #199
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Suggestions? This style of competition is really fair, in that anyone can win.
I agree. And really there's going to be a lot of members who keep up the photo posts and comments after the contest is over.

I for one have always wanted to take a more active interest here but things get in way and I just didn't. Now I'm motivated and think I'll continue to more involved after the contests are over. TBH relatively few of my post this week have been fluff entirely IMO. I've discovered I have more to share than I realized

10-04-2019, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #200
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I agree. And really there's going to be a lot of members who keep up the photo posts and comments after the contest is over.

I for one have always wanted to take a more active interest here but things get in way and I just didn't. Now I'm motivated and think I'll continue to more involved after the contests are over. TBH relatively few of my post this week have been fluff entirely IMO. I've discovered I have more to share than I realized
I have found that the "Troubleshooting and Beginner Help" section is a good place to help people. And I like to welcome new members in the "Welcomes and Introductions" section. That area probably accounts for most of my posts, other than the WIBAK3 thread. In most other areas, I do more reading than writing. Lots to learn as always.
10-04-2019, 08:18 PM - 2 Likes   #201
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I have found that the "Troubleshooting and Beginner Help" section is a good place to help people. And I like to welcome new members in the "Welcomes and Introductions" section. That area probably accounts for most of my posts, other than the WIBAK3 thread. In most other areas, I do more reading than writing. Lots to learn as always.
Thanks Mark. I've forgotten about that section.
10-05-2019, 03:35 AM   #202
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

another area to explore for posting are the contests/challenges

both fun and serious

these are the ones I look at:

the alphabet thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/7...uick-game.html

the caption thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/393592-weekl...11-2019-a.html

the I spy thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/4...challenge.html

the scavenger hunt thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/2...d-part-ii.html

10-05-2019, 04:33 AM   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great Contest

Given the volume of posts i make, I doubt I'll make it into the ring. Great contest nonetheless!

Given the lack of free time i have, three boys that keep me an the boss extremely busy, i typically try to spend any free time behind the lens.

Good luck everyone!
10-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #204
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
Given the volume of posts i make, I doubt I'll make it into the ring. Great contest nonetheless!

Given the lack of free time i have, three boys that keep me an the boss extremely busy, i typically try to spend any free time behind the lens.

Good luck everyone!
10 posts in October gets you in
10-05-2019, 04:39 AM - 2 Likes   #205
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
No, but you can make four quality comments per day.
10-05-2019, 08:02 AM   #206
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

and you only need to make one post by entering the photo contest to be in
QuoteQuote:
Announcing Our October 2019 Photo Contest
Win a GRIII and other prizes in our contest for October
By PF Staff in Photo Contests on Oct 5, 2019
We're herewith announcing our monthly photo contest for October.

As a part of the PentaxForums "100 years in 100 days" Celebratory Giveaway & Contest Series, the theme for the official PentaxForums photo contest for October, 2019 is open, that is you're free to submit any one of your photos as long as it hasn't been submitted for an earlier contest here at PentaxForums.

As usual your submission must be taken with a Pentax or RICOH camera (film or digital).

For this celebration of the 100 year anniversary of Pentax (Asahi Optical Co.) we have special grand camera/lens first prizes for the October through December photo contests and there will be no specific themes in any of these three months! Good luck!

The winner of first place in the October contest gets to chose between a Ricoh Theta V or GRIII!
Second prize is a one year forum account upgrade.
Third prize is a box of photo paper form Red River or optionally a one year forum account upgrade
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-contests/announcing-our-october-...#ixzz61Ua1QIXK

Last edited by aslyfox; 10-05-2019 at 11:25 AM.
10-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really like that hot shoe cap...
10-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #208
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
What will be the theme for the contest?
there is no theme:

QuoteQuote:
Contest #158 - October, 2019 (Open theme), win a Ricoh GR IIIReport Post Like Ole's Post
Posted By: Ole, 10-01-19, 10:02 (Offline)
Welcome to the official Pentax Forums month photo contest for October, 2019!

As a part of the PF "100 years in 100 days" Celebratory Giveaway & Contest Series, the theme for this month's photo contest is open, so you are free to submit any one of your photos as long as it hasn't been submitted for an earlier contest here at PentaxForums.

Throughout the celebration of the 100 year anniversary of Pentax (Asahi Optical Co.), we will have special grand prizes for the October through December monthly photo contests. The winner of the October contest gets to chose between a Ricoh Theta V or a Ricoh GR III. Good luck!
Read more at: Contest #158 - October, 2019 (Open theme), win a Ricoh GR III - PentaxForums.com
10-06-2019, 11:19 AM - 2 Likes   #209
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I really like that hot shoe cap...
QuoteOriginally posted by Dmitriy Divanov Quote
Great prizes! especially the plug on the hot Shoe)
I'm not sure why people are so focused on that shoe cap .... but if it keeps their mind off the * 11-18mm, that is fine with me.
10-06-2019, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #210
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm not sure why people are so focused on that shoe cap .... but if it keeps their mind off the * 11-18mm, that is fine with me.
You meant the 50 1.4.