Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 144 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there any way to stop this incessant posting? My odds are looking worse by the hour!

10-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #242
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Is there any way to stop this incessant posting? My odds are looking worse by the hour!
If you don't like the odds, you can always withdraw your raffle ticket,,,,
10-11-2019, 09:21 AM   #243
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
You could post an arty photo of cheese...
With a long, rambling description of the cheese bokeh, depth of the milk fat, and crumbliness, followed by a rant about how you can’t get good cheese in low light unless it’s a whole wheel

-Eric
10-11-2019, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #244
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
If you don't like the odds, you can always withdraw your raffle ticket,,,,
Since I've already missed 11 days on this I'll gladly take any tickets you have extra.

10-11-2019, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #245
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Since I've already missed 11 days on this I'll gladly take any tickets you have extra.
you snooze you lose

[ I hope nothing bad has kept you from the forums ]

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
AS of today, 1/3-rd of the way through the month, we have 275 tickets issued for the "General Raffle" and 40 individuals {perhaps a hundred tickets} issued for the "Grand Raffle" - no shortage at all in number of entrants into either 'raffle'.
I am sure that in the grand prize raffle, several members have accumulated multiple chances
10-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
you snooze you lose

[ I hope nothing bad has kept you from the forums ]

I am sure that in the grand prize raffle, several members have accumulated multiple chances
I hope Adam will give us a summary of all the numbers once the silliness has died down...

-Eric
10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #247
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I hope Adam will give us a summary of all the numbers once the silliness has died down...

-Eric
But to accompany the silliness, one should also have to create a silly walk and submit it to the Ministry of Silly Walks while submitting the summary of all the silliness (sorry, I had to)

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 10-11-2019 at 11:56 AM.
10-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #248
Pentaxian

My philosophy is that I cannot win if I don't enter, and I cannot control the actions of others.
10-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #249
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
But to accompany the silliness, one should also have to create a silly walks and submit it to the Ministry of Silly Walks while submitting the summary of all the silliness (sorry, I had to)
Ministry Of Silly Walks - Monty Python's Flying Circus - video dailymotion

me too
10-11-2019, 10:52 AM - 2 Likes   #250
Pentaxian

According to the total reported in the banner, I myself have three "grand Lottery" tickets. Someone will win the lens - it might as well be me - but I figure it will be someone else, and as long as the person personally uses it, I think that is just fine. I mean my comments to encourage everyone to compete against me.
10-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #251
Pentaxian

likes are given for post which may or may not have photos

it is not knowable why a post gets a like

several of mine, I am sure, are given for comments which may be unique or funny

does that fit your definitions ?
Yes, totally. The idea would simply be to reward posts who get likes (for whatever reason). They don't even need to count as much as posts made, it could for example be something like 2 likes received counts as one post made. I guess you might want to limit the number of likes per day given by one poster to another (e.g. likes given by Doundounba to aslyfox in a day) in order to stop people gaming the system in "reciprocity deals" (you like all my posts, I like all of yours), but it's not like people aren't already gaming the current system by posting tons of useless crap...

BTW, I guess posts made in this thread don't count for the contest?
10-11-2019, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #252
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
. . . posting tons of useless crap...

who decides which posts are " useless crap "

as far as I know they don't
10-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #253
Pentaxian

By experimentation I know that the social groups don't count.

I believe posts here may be counted, but I haven't watched my counter.

added: by experimentation @aslyfox is correct - this didn't count either.

Last edited by reh321; 10-11-2019 at 11:30 AM.
10-11-2019, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #254
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, totally. The idea would simply be to reward posts who get likes (for whatever reason). They don't even need to count as much as posts made, it could for example be something like 2 likes received counts as one post made. I guess you might want to limit the number of likes per day given by one poster to another (e.g. likes given by Doundounba to aslyfox in a day) in order to stop people gaming the system in "reciprocity deals" (you like all my posts, I like all of yours), but it's not like people aren't already gaming the current system by posting tons of useless crap...

I

I don't think likes should enter into any "rewards". It takes time to make a post, (even those of "useless crap") in your eyes. Likes; one can simply go down the thread & like every post, whether you actually "like" the post or not. If we are too lazy to post for any rewards, then let those that do post, go for the rewards.
10-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #255
Pentaxian

who decides which posts are " useless crap "
"Useless crap" to me is an off-topic one-liner whose main purpose is to add to the poster's post count rather than contribute significantly to the discussion. There's been quite the multiplication of those since the beginning of the current contest.

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Likes; one can simply go down the thread & like every post, whether you actually "like" the post or not.
I'm not talking about rewarding likes given, but likes received. So you going down a thread liking everything would not directly increase your "raffle count" at all. That seemed pretty clear to me, but anyway...