Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2019, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by M_D_K Quote
I hope it has good noise reduction. There's nothing more annoying than a loud fan.
Funny you should say that. Because I received a Dell 'laptop' several months ago, I received a short survey from them today. In response to one question, I said it wasn't too hot, but I had to admit in another question that I usually use it as a tabletop, rather than as a laptop, computer, and I began the survey by telling them that performance was much more important to me than either temperature or fan noise is.

11-08-2019, 06:07 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So… Ricoh is now selling promotional clothing on its website, and the only reason people on the Pentax Forums know about it is that some random guy (me) happened to stumble upon the sub-page? Is that really how Ricoh marketing works? I love my Pentax cameras, and I consider it a minor miracle I ever managed to hear about the brand. They seem determined to keep a low profile.

Also, it has been nearly two months since I pointed out the absence of the DA★ 50-135mm F2.8 lens from the K-mount lineup over at ricoh-imaging.com, and that error persists (I wrote to Ricoh in addition to posting on these forums):

QuoteOriginally posted by PocketPixels Quote
Ricoh USA has no links on its site for the smc PENTAX-DA★ 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM. I humbly recommend the Ricoh USA team copy and adapt the more robust content from Ricoh Japan's website.
11-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So… Ricoh is now selling promotional clothing on its website, and the only reason people on the Pentax Forums know about it is that some random guy (me) happened to stumble upon the sub-page? Is that really how Ricoh marketing works? I love my Pentax cameras, and I consider it a minor miracle I ever managed to hear about the brand. They seem determined to keep a low profile.
Thanks for posting your tip on the Fan gear.

I'd have to agree that the websites at Ricoh-Imaging.com and Ricoh-Imaging.ca could stand to be updated and refreshed. The Canadian site still lists the K-3 II, which has been discontinued and would be hard to find new in Canada.

I think Ricoh-Imaging NA keeps a fairly active Facebook page, with some 88,000 followers: Ricoh Imaging - Home | Facebook

The Fan Gear was introduced there and also appears as the cover image. I don't know how many PF members follow Facebook, or are aware of the Ricoh-Imaging FB page. (for example, I don't have a FB account).

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 11-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.
11-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I saw the link to the promotional goods on Ricoh/Pentax NA Facebook page. I'm sure many others did as well, and just didn't race over to the forums to "spread the news"

11-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #50

So… Ricoh is now selling promotional clothing on its website, and the only reason people on the Pentax Forums know about it is that some random guy (me) happened to stumble upon the sub-page? Is that really how Ricoh marketing works? I love my Pentax cameras, and I consider it a minor miracle I ever managed to hear about the brand. They seem determined to keep a low profile
Would you rather have them spam your email with dozens of notifications? Do you have an ad blocker on your browser? If you do, why is that? And how do expect to get an ad from Ricoh if you are blocking ads?
11-09-2019, 03:54 AM   #51
Pentaxian

(...)
You mean the front page banner on the US website should have been bigger?

11-09-2019, 04:01 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I really like that cap and shirt. I hope we can get it here in my part of the woods.

11-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

^ The cap is labeled Port & Co. inside the sweatband, with a Made in China label sewn in to meet USA import regs. The assembly quality is VG but the materials are fairly lightweight and thin. The cap material is lightly starched cotton blend with a cotton band and Velcro-style size adjustment at the rear. The embroidery is tight and backed by fabric inside the hat. The brim is stiff and shapeable into the popular sharp curve, and quite long. It won’t be suitable for wear while shooting with the brim forward (I wear a wide brimmed bucket hat when shooting).

I characterize the cap as summer weight. It is by no means Head or Paramount quality gear, just a decent, advertising specialty giveaway cap. $20.19 is a fair price for this hat.
11-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
You mean the front page banner on the US website should have been bigger?
Lol!

I should mention that I had checked the US Ricoh Imaging site 2-3 hours prior to PocketPixel's first post and the Fan Gear page had not yet gone live. I have been checking the US and Canada sites a couple times a week for any sign of the hot shoe cover.
11-09-2019, 03:32 PM - 2 Likes   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
^ The cap is labeled Port & Co. inside the sweatband, with a Made in China label sewn in to meet USA import regs. The assembly quality is VG but the materials are fairly lightweight and thin. The cap material is lightly starched cotton blend with a cotton band and Velcro-style size adjustment at the rear. The embroidery is tight and backed by fabric inside the hat. The brim is stiff and shapeable into the popular sharp curve, and quite long. It won’t be suitable for wear while shooting with the brim forward (I wear a wide brimmed bucket hat when shooting).

I characterize the cap as summer weight. It is by no means Head or Paramount quality gear, just a decent, advertising specialty giveaway cap. $20.19 is a fair price for this hat.
You need to post your review with the reviews, maybe under accessories

I think reviews even get bonus points toward the raffle...

-Eric
11-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
You need to post your review with the reviews, maybe under accessories

I think reviews even get bonus points toward the raffle...

-Eric
Good idea but I don’t see a category for Apparel in Accessories. Caps would be an interesting place - the review would be a sort of Easter Egg there . I should take a proper photo with a Pentax camera and lens rather than a snapdshot with a phone first.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-09-2019 at 07:17 PM.
11-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #57
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Xl black shirt is now showing back ordered on the invoice..will be interesting to see how long before it ships. Wife just did her Christmas shopping
11-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I checked the US, Canada and UK Ricoh sites as soon as the cover was announced and many times since then. I never saw it listed except on the UK site recently (sold in about a week). Do you have a link?
HOT SHOE COVER O-HC171

---------- Post added 09-11-19 at 07:49 PM ----------

Anyone think a lot of those items are way overpriced for what they are... or is it just me? £50 for a hot shoe cover, £35 for a t-shirt, £25 for a mug.. A MUG (limited production run or not)

Last edited by whammerhead; 11-09-2019 at 07:53 PM.
11-09-2019, 09:03 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by whammerhead Quote
Anyone think a lot of those items are way overpriced for what they are... or is it just me? £50
yes way over priced, £49 for a hot shoe cover is AU$91.31, outrageous price I reckon.
11-10-2019, 04:49 AM   #60

QuoteOriginally posted by whammerhead Quote
HOT SHOE COVER O-HC171

---------- Post added 09-11-19 at 07:49 PM ----------

Anyone think a lot of those items are way overpriced for what they are... or is it just me? £50 for a hot shoe cover, £35 for a t-shirt, £25 for a mug.. A MUG (limited production run or not)
To clarify I'm asking about a link to the cover on the US Ricoh site where it is claimed to have been offered and promptly sold out. I have yet to see it listed on the US or Canada weibsites. Given the glacial slowness of updates on the US site such a listing would still be there weeks after having been sold out.

And I would expect if a US PF member had obtained one they would have posted about it.