Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2019, 11:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To the Midwest question. First the headwaters of the Mississippi was discovered in 1820, then correctly in 1832 so after 1787.
Now in this years democratic debates they argued over Michigan being in the Midwest. Here is the map showing how people identify themselves.
Where is ?the Midwest?? Here?s What You Told Us. - CityLab

11-09-2019, 01:24 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
Yeah, geographically, the midwest is more like Utah and Colorado. Cincinnati is a heck of a lot closer to the east coast than the west.
You're all a heck of a long way north from my perspective.
11-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don't know why you were surprised.
Roberts has carried Pentax for years {I got my first Pentax camera there}, and they have a national footprint.
Because if you have been in Roberts in the last five or six years, or looked on the website, they do not have much if any Pentax items in stock. Yes, they can get them but that's no faster then ordering from Adorama or B&H.

The biggest difference between Roberts and the NYC two is, I can drive to Roberts or Jack's camera in Muncie in about 40 to 45 minutes.
11-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
Yeah, geographically, the midwest is more like Utah and Colorado. Cincinnati is a heck of a lot closer to the east coast than the west.
On very old maps of the North American colonies, Georgia extends to the Pacific Ocean...

-Eric

11-09-2019, 09:06 AM   #20
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
Because if you have been in Roberts in the last five or six years, or looked on the website, they do not have much if any Pentax items in stock. Yes, they can get them but that's no faster then ordering from Adorama or B&H.
That is correct, and in fact I did get my KP from B&H. Does Roberts have one to hold if I had wanted to hold it before I bought it?

QuoteQuote:
The biggest difference between Roberts and the NYC two is, I can drive to Roberts or Jack's camera in Muncie in about 40 to 45 minutes.
That is also true for me - but, as I often noted, my daughter who lives in Cincinnati has often commented “Why would you want to hold a camera before you buy it?”
11-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #21
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
On very old maps of the North American colonies, Georgia extends to the Pacific Ocean...

-Eric
a lot of the original colonies had no defined western boundaries at the beginning

so they stretched to the west Virginia is another example
11-09-2019, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #22
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
a lot of the original colonies had no defined western boundaries at the beginning

so they stretched to the west Virginia is another example
West Virginia separated from Virginia during the Civil War ..... it is said that the hill folk were not slave-holders.
11-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #23
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

That is correct, and in fact I did get my KP from B&H. Does Roberts have one to hold if I had wanted to hold it before I bought it? . . .
the best way I know of having hands on experience with Pentax equipment, although with some cost, is finding it to rent

Information on Businesses that offer cameras and lenses for rent - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

11-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #24
Pentaxian

That is correct, and in fact I did get my KP from B&H. Does Roberts have one to hold if I had wanted to hold it before I bought it?

That is also true for me - but, as I often noted, my daughter who lives in Cincinnati has often commented “Why would you want to hold a camera before you buy it?”
No, Roberts did not. In fact, the last new Pentax that Roberts had in stock before the K1 was, as far as I know, a First Ds. I could be wrong about that though. I saw it after the K5 came out. That was when they were still in the original location and I believe that was the only camera body in the small, little Pentax section they had at the time. And it was still at the original price.

To answer your daughter, it would be the same thing I have told people wanting to get an airbrush. Hold it in your hand to see how comfortable it is. I think this is the reason I didn't like Canon cameras. In my hand, they feel like toys.

Sadly, I haven't been able to go out to Roberts in awhile and I would like to. I need to get a roll of background paper and I would like to see if they have opened up any space for Pentax on the shelves.
6 Days Ago   #25
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

Historically Creve Couer Camera in St. Louis would have had a 100th Anniversary Event. For 30 years they were a strong Pentax Dealer. I recall in 2013 seeing a CoOp Christmas ad for the K-3 on local television. I bought many of my Pentax lenses from CCC and had many a discussion with their best salesman about Pentax colors. I bought my K-1 there on release date with a 28-105. They had seven in the store and 23 had been pre-ordered. Their Rep made sure they got their order - I swear they had more open stock than B&H. For some reason Pentax pulled their Dealer Agreement shortly thereafter, and then Jim Malcolm left Pentax and RIAC went Internet.

Unfortunately CCC had been sold, and one by one the 11 stores became 9, then 6, then 1, then none last spring.