Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #421
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Oh for gods sake! I can't even agree with you without getting it in the neck!

If you were offended by the line you highlighted, i apologise. It wasnt my intention

Regarding the content herein. This was always going to be a speculative thread as is every thread relating to a prototype who's specifications may be subject to change.

As for where, when or how often people post, that is their perogative! Providing they are not causing offence they can post where, when and as often as they like.

As for levity, I would rather have a hundred posts about cameras making toast than complaint after complaint because a thread about possible inclusions, which could only ever be speculative, doesn't die a death for want of facts! I would point out the irony here but frankly, whats the point!

If you are finding this thread tiresome, unsubscribe!

As for keeping quiet, that is down to the individuals personal preference and no one should try to dictate as this could discourage the individual from ever taking part

As for winning, given the odds against, most people are doing it for the pleasure of involvement.

As for dictating to free thinking individuals on a free forum, where they can post, only Adam and the moderators can do that.

On the subject of excersizing free will, Boriscleto'd
I subscribe only to a few threads, mostly ones that I create - I just visit this one on occasion. You have free will, but I was really responding to the comment that the Moderators will shut it down. Yes, the Moderators have shutdown several threads about the "K-3ii replacement" that have gone totally off subject; I was agreeing with the thought that this thread is in danger of having that happen too {which is true whether or not I visit it}, and expressing the thought that some people need an open thread in which to comment about the new camera. I am sorry that you were offended.

11-15-2019, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I am sure I read that Canon released an apsc that has a 30+ megapixel sensor. I wonder if the K new will stick with the 24 or go large which then throws up the question, is a higher pixel count always a good thing?
I can't see them going other than the Sony 26Mp - the effects on frame rate and buffer (as well as high ISOs, to an extent) of a higher Mp sensor would be too great for a camera which logically has to be a Pentaxland speed champ - I would expect a frame rate marginally higher than the K-3 plus, of course, higher pixel density - should make it great for wildlife includig macro
11-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #423
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I can't see them going other than the Sony 26Mp - the effects on frame rate and buffer (as well as high ISOs, to an extent) of a higher Mp sensor would be too great for a camera which logically has to be a Pentaxland speed champ - I would expect a frame rate marginally higher than the K-3 plus, of course, higher pixel density - should make it great for wildlife includig macro
I keep hoping for some 26mp system - and a new processor, because I think they have pushed the old one about as far as it is going to go.
11-15-2019, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #424
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If Sony didn’t create a 28 or 30mb chip for their new A6600, I don’t think one exists to sell to Ricoh. A good 24-26mb chip coupled with a fast processor is fine.

11-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #425
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
I can't see them going other than the Sony 26Mp
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I keep hoping for some 26mp system - and a new processor,
I can see them using the 24mp that's in the GR3,they have it in the parts bin already.They can order plenty and it goes in K-2020,then other cameras down the line.

---------- Post added 11-16-19 at 08:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
I don’t think one exists to sell to Ricoh
But Samsung has one!

Whether its for sale,no one knows except those that wont tell!

---------- Post added 11-16-19 at 08:58 AM ----------

a fast processor is fine.
A slower one isn't!
11-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #426
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

But Samsung has one!
Samsung makes their own sensors, so it doesn't really count. We are mostly talking about the Sony ones.
11-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #427
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Samsung makes their own sensors, so it doesn't really count. We are mostly talking about the Sony ones.
Since Samsung left the camera business, there has been a rumor that they would sell both the sensor and a processor to Pentax - we don’t know whether that is wishful thinking. We shall see in a few months.

11-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #428
Pentaxian

We shall see in a few months.
Ricoh's secrecy!
11-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since Samsung left the camera business, there has been a rumor that they would sell both the sensor and a processor to Pentax - we don’t know whether that is wishful thinking. We shall see in a few months.
If that were the case, it would have been in time for the KP, no? I mean, I'd be happy to see a 28MP BSI sensor on the K-New. If it uses the processor+sensor combo of the NX1 and gets to 15 fps with outstanding IQ (4K uncrompressed video is a bonus), our action shooters will probably be cackling mad with joy.
11-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #430
Pentaxian

If that were the case, it would have been in time for the KP, no? I mean, I'd be happy to see a 28MP BSI sensor on the K-New. If it uses the processor+sensor combo of the NX1 and gets to 15 fps with outstanding IQ (4K uncrompressed video is a bonus), our action shooters will probably be cackling mad with joy.
The KP was out when the rumor arose; we don't know anything about it - we do not know whether there is any truth in it, so we should neither accept nor reject it.
11-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #431
Pentaxian

If that were the case, it would have been in time for the KP, no?
No is correct

Possible next sensor for Pentax? - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
11-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #432
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How long ago did Samsung exit the camera business, and how long was that sensor/cpu in design before put in the Nx-1? The NX1 was announced in 2014 and discontinued 1 year later. As good as it was at the time it was released, putting that sensor from a 6 year old camera in the next Pentax does not make sense.
11-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #433
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How long ago did Samsung exit the camera business, and how long was that sensor/cpu in design before put in the Nx-1? The NX1 was announced in 2014 and discontinued 1 year later. As good as it was at the time it was released, putting that sensor from a 6 year old camera in the next Pentax does not make sense.
Hey, if it's better it's better. The framerate and resolution are certainly up there, although high-ISO noise might suffer a bit. Heck, 15 fps is basically top of the line for APS-C.

---------- Post added 11-15-19 at 04:48 PM ----------

The KP was out when the rumor arose; we don't know anything about it - we do not know whether there is any truth in it, so we should neither accept nor reject it.
Samsung left the camera business around 4 years ago now (and might have even decided on it more or less immediately after releasing the NX1); the KP was, I guess, still in development at the time. Maybe there was a deal for the K-New to have that sensor, maybe not. Maybe there WAS a deal at one point, but there was a change of plans and that's why it took so long to announce the replacement.

It would be interesting to have the processors, however.

Last edited by Serkevan; 11-15-2019 at 04:50 PM.
11-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #434
Pentaxian

How long ago did Samsung exit the camera business,
Officially never,theres been only a kinda announcement that they were ceasing production of the point and shoot cameras that were produced in India.

(and might have even decided on it more or less immediately after releasing the NX1)
I doubt that,the NX500 came in 2015.

---------- Post added 11-16-19 at 11:03 AM ----------

Hey, if it's better it's better.
Sony's recent sensors have only just surpassed the Samsung,IF? the 28mp is indeed in the K-2020,it will be very good.

26mp Sony,it will be very good too.

24mp Sony,it might be very good?...."very good" being in the mind of the maker,buyer,reviewer!
11-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I doubt that,the NX500 came in 2015.
February 2015, to September 2014 of the NX1... so both were most likely in development simultaneously. If you have two products almost ready for release, and you think they will sell well, there's no real reason to cancel them.
Closed Thread