Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #661
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by xandos Quote
Some people seem to keep claiming that for the camera to turn up in summer 2020, which has not been confirmed, would be a delay from some earlier possible release date. I don't understand where this comes from. Ricoh / Pentax never stated the camera would come out earlier, as far as I know.
Similarly, while it might come out earlier than June 2020, it could also come out later. If so, people will probably complain about the 'delay' even more. There is no delay as long as the camera does not come out later than an official date. Such a date does not exist.
From the desire to make Pentax look bad?

There are people who complained a lot about Pentax not putting more effort into APS-C, and now are weirdly against the new APS-C camera instead of celebrating.

12-02-2019, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #662
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The "trial editions" that apparently are in use in Japan as we speak are not "polished". Their menus may not be complete, there may be software bugs the users are told about, {we know} that not all the buttons and dials are properly labeled .... but they are usable. Some of these things {like bugs} they may still be working on; others {like finalizing the buttons} may just be waiting for a decision by someone important.
Last 20% of the work i.e. the "polishing" and "debugging" takes 80% of the time
12-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #663
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Last 20% of the work i.e. the "polishing" and "debugging" takes 80% of the time
That would make a great rule of thumb... I’d bet you could apply it to all kinds of things

-Eric
12-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #664
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
There are people who complained a lot about Pentax not putting more effort into APS-C, and now are weirdly against the new APS-C camera instead of celebrating.
I have been concerned about the lack of an "APS-C" 'flagship'. I am "celebrating" Ricoh's finally showing evidence of development.

Personally, I am satisfied, since I got a KP a year ago.

12-02-2019, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #665
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Presumably that decision is pretty close to being made if the introduction is to be at cp+
Huge rumor.....nothing factual......all assumptions or wishful thinking. Believe only what is published by Ricoh/Pentax!
12-02-2019, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #666
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Buying a KP for a bit over $500 helps with the wait.
12-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #667
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
The K F(ull) C(ropped). Perfect name for an APS-C camera. Who could possibly object to that?
A vegan?

12-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #668
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
That would make a great rule of thumb... I’d bet you could apply it to all kinds of things

-Eric
Sure thing - that's why it's known as the Pareto principle.
12-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #669
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
One thins I forgot to say is that on Sapporo 100 years anniversary meeting, Takahashi said that " It's the hardest time now, and all Ricoh Pentax's staff are doing there best, the best of the best for this camera"
I Speculate that now they meet some financial or new technology problem on this camera, or on need for the top person to admit this.
For June on next year won't be good for both users and market, so there must be something not quite well.
I think it is hard for all in the camera industry. Smart phones have affected sales of all types of cameras. I've seen friends who have bought bridge cameras, DSLRs and some other ILC now use smartphones. And these are people who can afford top end cameras so top end smartphones are really cheap for them. It's photography made easy as the phone adjusts everything making the photograph look good. During my last trip abroad, there were more smartphones than cameras. What's left in the industry are guys who are photo enthusiasts like us and pros. Now, the camera companies have a smaller piece of the pie. Of course the market is also saturated as we who want to use ILC already have cameras and most of us don't change our cameras every year. As to new photo enthusiasts, I wouldn't know the census.
12-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #670
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
I blame internet!
I blame entropy. Nothing succeeds entropy.
12-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #671
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote

-Eric
I often say I accomplish 95% of what I do in 5% of my time.
12-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #672
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really, a name like K-FC? Anyone going to start the fried chicken jokes? Not all names work in all locations...
12-02-2019, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #673
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Huge rumor.....nothing factual......all assumptions or wishful thinking. Believe only what is published by Ricoh/Pentax!
Remember they have to allocate production, acquire components and actually start assembling cameras right around the time they announce the new product and its release date. That is a Capital decision, not a Product decision, and it has not necessarily been made yet (although not announcing the camera would be very strange at this point).

Last edited by monochrome; 12-02-2019 at 06:37 PM.
12-02-2019, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #674
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Haha I’ll an extra large fries with that
Last time I was in a KFC, there were no fries. The entire menu (other than beverages) consisted of fried chicken, cole slaw, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
12-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #675
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Remember they have to allocate production, acquire components and actually start assembling cameras right around the time they announce the new product and its release date. That is a Capital decision, not a Product decision, and it has not necessarily been made yet (although not announcing the camera would be very strange at this point).
My point was believe only Ricoh/Pentax and not every internet rumor which pops up about the new camera. Because truthfully no one posting to the internet anywhere actually knows anything......its all pure speculation. Oh, I think they are further along than most know, but, whether they are or not is still fine with me. I can wait, I'm not one to run around chasing the new shiny electronic toys.
Closed Thread