Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2019, 04:11 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Disclosures on 2020. Watch out, more wild speculations to come. Ricoh!!! Give us the specs!!! Have mercy on us!!!

11-10-2019, 04:13 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is the press photo from Ricoh.

Steve
That ↓↓↓ is not.

11-10-2019, 04:23 AM - 4 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
I've got a news said that the new APS-C flagship will on sell in Summer 2020, for me this means quite being delayed
Delayed? Did they promise any earlier date?
Not to my knowledge. So what delay are you talking about???
11-10-2019, 04:24 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
When I read this I feel a little bad mood, from website 「デジカメInfo」, which means digital camera information, I've got a news said that the new APS-C flagship will on sell in Summer 2020, for me this means quite being delayed

Also, the news said the screen on camera will be unable to pull out, sorry don't know how to write that in English with single word , but I don't believe this

seems the information is from Kimio Takana's feeling about when he touch this prototype,
think about last twitter of him, he foreseen that camera's detail will be release on 2020, however it was announced just last month actually, so his utterance is not absolutely correct

you can also see more information with this link:
??????APS-C???????????????? - ????info
Photo of the Day 11?4?
The photo makes me wonder. Looking at the 2 dials near the top LCD. The camera seems bigger than the K5/K3 series. Maybe its just the angle.

11-10-2019, 04:27 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The news that the screen is fixed is something people have already come to based on public statements during prototype showings.

The scheduling news is disappointing assuming it is true. If it is true, then they clearly ran into problems that they are not willing to tell us about.

Added: does this feel to you as real news from a real source or as a guess based on weaker information??
Again: do you have any kind of information that the camera was supposed to be launched earlier? No? Then, you are basically disappointed they don't launch the camera before it's ready.

Even the Summer 2020 is not official information, from what I see.
11-10-2019, 04:36 AM - 2 Likes   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
The photo makes me wonder. Looking at the 2 dials near the top LCD. The camera seems bigger than the K5/K3 series. Maybe its just the angle.
I've seen the camera no later than three days ago and its size is not sensibly different from that of a K-5 / K-3.
11-10-2019, 04:56 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Not much to get excited about. Not yet, anyway...

11-10-2019, 05:13 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I've seen the camera no later than three days ago and its size is not sensibly different from that of a K-5 / K-3.
That's nice. At least it won't be bigger.
11-10-2019, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Again: do you have any kind of information that the camera was supposed to be launched earlier? No? Then, you are basically disappointed they don't launch the camera before it's ready.

Even the Summer 2020 is not official information, from what I see.
The “K-3” shelf has already been empty for a long time, way too long. I got a KP eleven months ago, and am completely satisfied, but l am disappointed for those who are satisfied by neither the K-1ii nor the KP - not by any promises made by Pentax/Ricoh, but by the continually empty shelf.
11-10-2019, 06:07 AM - 3 Likes   #40
Pentaxian

The “K-3” shelf has already been empty for a long time, way too long. I got a KP eleven months ago, and am completely satisfied, but l am disappointed for those who are satisfied by neither the K-1ii nor the KP - not by any promises made by Pentax/Ricoh, but by the continually empty shelf.
Wow. The german language knows the term Fremdschämen, kind of Second hand embarrassment. Now there seems to be second hand disappointment...
11-10-2019, 06:11 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

its size is not sensibly different from that of a K-5 / K-3.
nice one, I like size of K-5 or K-3
11-10-2019, 06:19 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That ↓↓↓ is not.
Looks as if someone has been peeking at the name as the tape is rather sloppily applied in this photo.

Also, didn't you report from your show visit in Paris that the camera was substantially finalized other than some firmware tweaks? Or did I misunderstand what you wrote?

Here is a quote from your post: The working sample showcased under glass is the real thing. Only the firmware needs fine tuning.

Last edited by Larrymc; 11-10-2019 at 06:25 AM.
11-10-2019, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #43
Pentaxian

So... the camera is "delayed" against your wish that it would be launched sooner/already?
And by running into problems you don't mean any actual technical issue, but the failure to work on the camera when and as fast as you wanted them to?

Let's be happy that Pentax is once again moving forward, and wait the few months until the announcement.
11-10-2019, 07:05 AM - 3 Likes   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not really interested in the crop sensor but for everyone else I hope it's released sooner rather than later … then we can focus on what really matters -- the k-1 iii
11-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
(...)

Also, didn't you report from your show visit in Paris that the camera was substantially finalized other than some firmware tweaks? Or did I misunderstand what you wrote?

Here is a quote from your post: The working sample showcased under glass is the real thing. Only the firmware needs fine tuning.
Yes I did but what has this to do with the picture in reply #32 not being 'the press photo from Ricoh', as you wrote before?

Just to recall the sequence of posts:
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Lucky is the hand on that picture. At least he/she has held the camera.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is the press photo from Ricoh.

Steve
That ↓↓↓ is not.
Closed Thread