Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-11-2019, 10:48 PM - 4 Likes   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They better not call it K-FC as my cholesterol is already high so I may have to stay away from that model.

11-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #197
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Nah, it was a joke! I would say a foul joke for which she should be battered, but it was actually rather good
Finger-licking good, one might say...

---------- Post added 11-11-19 at 11:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does that mean we have to lick our fingers after each use?

Steve
If K-FC is the name, I'm sure it'd be a hit in the southern and eastern portions of the United States! And, well, the United States in general I guess... Or would it be Colonel?

---------- Post added 11-11-19 at 11:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
As part of the new customization scheme, Ricoh is going to let buyers pick their own two letters...

So Karen might pick KRN, for example...

People who think it should be called the K-New could do KNU

People who live in New York... KNY

I'd say the possibilities were endless, but then someone would point out there are only 26 letters...

There are worse ideas...

-Eric
Actually, one can choose from 1296 different sets of 2 letter and number combinations. So, almost everyone is covered.

Last edited by MikeyBugs95; 11-11-2019 at 11:12 PM.
11-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #198
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
They are very cheaply built - I hard two die in less than eight years, a total of something like 4400 clicks {I'm a low-volume user} just before I switched back to Pentax.
Yet this is no contradiction.
It could be applied to mirrorless.
11-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #199
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
  • Pentamirror, not pentaprism
  • 14.8x22.2 sensor, not 33x44 (again, the cost of pentaprism + mirror increases with the sensor size, that of an electronic viewfinder does not)
  • Lower margins
It still could be applicable ed to mirrorless too.
Ergo this more of a marketing decision than a technical one (from Canikon of course).

11-12-2019, 12:47 AM   #200

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I notice none have commented on the clear difference between the photo we have posted on the forum, and the back of a fixed screen camera. The doubters seem to just ignore it. Conspiracy theory on a grand scale.

There is a clear bevel around the screen, and bottom right there is a corner bottom right there is an indentation that can be used to pry it open.
I'm not even sure why there is at this point any confusion around this.

The first thing I'd do handed this camera would be put my finger in there and pry to see what happens. Why would they do that if it's not a flip out screen?

I'll believe there is no flip out screen, when someone can explain the difference.

Having been off the forum for a while I have no idea what insanity transpired to convince people otherwise.

But as per usual, I go by what i see, and don't pay a lot of attention to the chatter.
totally agree with you
11-12-2019, 12:59 AM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Yeap! I've been waiting since fall of 2016 for this camera. Hahaha!

I'm hoping that they took a massive leap in AF performance.
I must admit that that's where these long development processes worry me - what's cutting edge on the drawing board might not be by the time the product is launched - Pentax often get over that by unique features, but that doesn't stop the cameras being judged against others on core features
11-12-2019, 01:11 AM - 2 Likes   #202

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
The camera will feature a new JPEG processing setting: Extra Crispy.
and with warmer white balance called "spicy mode"

11-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #203
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
and with warmer white balance called "spicy mode"
good one!
11-12-2019, 02:01 AM   #204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
They don't need to design a new prism and mirror for that size sensor, the 645Z one should work just fine. And I would think the enhancements to AF only need to be medium...no one is using an MF camera for action sports or fast moving wildlife.

On the tilt screen front, reh321, we're kind of beating a a dead horse, but again, not like it's new tech for Pentax. They already have multiple cameras with it. And newer competing cameras from other manufacturers have them. So I don't think that's a feature that would just please a few users, it's one that would please a lot of users.
It is Pentax tradition to use synergy effects in the development of camera features by spreading them over multiple platforms. This is how the 645 became a quite responsive field camera with (in MF-terms) advanced AF and intuitive user interface. A completely newly developed APS-C imaging instrument will for sure be the technical basis for a new generation also in FF and might offer enough to at least think about a new 645z. I agree with most comments on the competition by mirrorless crop MF, they for sure have had a big impact in this area. But I think that the potential of K1-type FF with high end fast lenses might make crop MF obsolete for many use cases. The 645 system was/is targeted at users that want a field camera with maximum IQ and high robustness and a price affordable for personal use. A FF with fast high end lenses might cover that in future.
11-12-2019, 02:23 AM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Canon also seems to over-produce their low end models and clear them out at low prices around this time of year in the US.
At the warehouse stores, you can historically find very aggressive pricing on kits with last year’s entry level model.
Of course the lenses may not be stabilized, and the bag will be awful, etc... but the price is low.

-Eric
I guess entry level from Canon such as 4000D is still better than using a smartphone from learning and market point of views
Maybe it is a strategy from Canon to have young clients hooked in the loop of dslr ...
11-12-2019, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #206

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Actually, one can choose from 1296 different sets of 2 letter and number combinations. So, almost everyone is covered.
So, there's only so few of us left? Oh my. Pentax is doomed™
11-12-2019, 02:48 AM   #207
Pentaxian

just as people here seem to equate "kit lens" and cheap lens.
The D-FA 28-105 is considered a kit lens for the K1, and that is not a "cheap lens". It is a very good lens.
11-12-2019, 03:45 AM   #208
Pentaxian

The scheduling news is disappointing assuming it is true. If it is true, then they clearly ran into problems that they are not willing to tell us about.

Or maybe they just want to redesign the screen to be non fixed

I cannot believe they would come out - with new flagship - and with fixed screen.

11-12-2019, 04:10 AM - 2 Likes   #209
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
I cannot believe they would come out - with new flagship - and with fixed screen.
Yeah! It's not like Canon did it, or Nikon!
11-12-2019, 04:12 AM   #210
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No offense to everyone, I know we like the flippy screen but looking at the picture, I do think it's a fixed screen.
Closed Thread